Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Yeah when I hit exalted with Shadopan all my ground mounts went out the window.

Some sort of retarded catharsis for never getting the ZG panther back in the day I guess :\
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Nooska wrote:Gz Fetzie

Thank you :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Heroic Wind Lord is fun to tank:
Also did 77k HPS with Seal of Insight and Battle Healer. xD

And I just got a Sulik'shor kill, which completed my Glorious achievement! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm guessing Wind Lord has some sort of dps buff? If not... I'm doing some woefully low dps on my spriest...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Think he takes somthing like 20% more damage for every add you kill.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Levantine » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

The fight transitions from an extended aoe clusterfuck into the boss takes 99% additional damage (33% for each set of adds that die)
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm

almost late for raid, turns out we are missing our top dps, and we have our "main tank" raiding finally....
down stone guards, get ready to wipe on feng the rest of the night
first pull - 26%
second pull - first kill

oh and i got belt/bracers from the 2 bosses, replacing 2 450s i had still \o/

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Treck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 am

Skye1013 wrote:I'm guessing Wind Lord has some sort of dps buff? If not... I'm doing some woefully low dps on my spriest...

When one pack dies, the boss takes 600% more damage for like 30sec.
Not to mention the tank has about 300k vengeance at all times, and is aoeing all the time as well.
Treck

Postby Treck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 am

On the success note, went to Nefarian 10man (cata version) to try to get the shield (its green, and matches my transmog)
Actually did all 6 bosses with only 2 people, it was actually harder than we thought, but really only Maloriak required wipes and tactics!
But the dps warrior I went with died on nefarian when going between platforms, but thanks to the adds in the last phase, Seal of Insight managed to outheal their damage and I managed to actually solo Nefarian, with 4 adds, reaching 100 stacks.
They hit hard in the end, and they were BIG, but it was fun as hell ^^
Treck

Postby Andurin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 am

Treck wrote:On the success note, went to Nefarian 10man (cata version) to try to get the shield (its green, and matches my transmog)
Actually did all 6 bosses with only 2 people, it was actually harder than we thought, but really only Maloriak required wipes and tactics!
But the dps warrior I went with died on nefarian when going between platforms, but thanks to the adds in the last phase, Seal of Insight managed to outheal their damage and I managed to actually solo Nefarian, with 4 adds, reaching 100 stacks.
They hit hard in the end, and they were BIG, but it was fun as hell ^^

Sometimes people do things in wow that just bring a smile to your face... This is one of those things. :mrgreen:

How long did the fight take? :p
Andurin

Postby Treck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 am

around 10min in total, tbh I thought about just wiping cause even if i could solo him, it would take so much time compared to doing it together with a warrior in like 495gear, so it started off with something like "lets see how long I can survive", but then i got more and more vengeance and Seal of Insight healed me more than I thought, and then the boss went down faster and faster (he had like 22mill hp so it still took a while)
SoI with hammer and many targets are soo good :P
Treck

Postby Andurin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am

That one is surely going on my Todo list lol ^^
Andurin

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 am

After looking at health pools, and the healing that I've seen Paladins and DK's pump out, I've been curious what could be soloed. Cata seems ripe with fights that would need 2 people. I think though, that

Halfus, V&T, Omnom (was already), Atra (Was already), Baleroc, Rhyolith, Morchok, Al'Akir, Argaloth, All seem like viable targets. Ascendant Council could be possible, I'm just not sure on the interrupts in P1 with the new CD's on interrupts. Past that, it would be pretty standard execution.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 am

sounds like we need a certain dk to come back and try it! :twsited:

and no, your prodigy cannot do it
you are the master after all! :P

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 am

bldavis wrote:sounds like we need a certain dk to come back and try it! :twsited:

and no, your prodigy cannot do it
you are the master after all! :P

There is an itch, I won't lie. I just look at the game as it is currently setup, and I just don't have the time (nor want the time) to get back into it. Come back, get leveled, Learn the nuances that have changed, grind reps, grind heroics, and get back into the swing of things?

Hell, lately I'm lucky if I have the time to play Madden with my 9 year old, let alone "Cata" WoW again. The ability to get everything setup so that I could be a part of the game that I would want to be (occasional raiding, heavy in brawler's guild and soloing old content) would take a time investment that I just can't make anymore, and thus the idea of spending $15 bucks a month + buying MOP, just isn't going to happen.

Plus, I would come back and be eternally poor. I gave you all my gold, and all my crap. I'd log back into the game, and have pets I could sell I guess... You can do that right? They did something with that, I just don't remember what... Caged Something or others. But, I'd be stuck with no gathering prof on my main (and I'm certainly not dropping either of my profs.... I have too many hard to get recipes.

So the itch is an itch at this point. Short of striking it rich and never needing to work again, I doubt I'm coming back.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General