Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm not sure that's strictly how it works. I've noticed how the rares spawn together in a zone, but I have never seen a full set of rares all spawn at the same time - it's usually only 3-4 of them.

Yeah, don't think it's a simple as that, at least not to the zone, as I've found Sulik and Scritch within minutes of each other too often to be coincidence. Also, if what Flex states was the case, I would have gotten alerts on the other 3 rares that spawn nearby, but I never see them immediately after a Sulik kill.

It's more likely that they all have a timer of the same length, so they are all up at the beginning, and then get spread out during the day/week as some go a while before they are killed.

But, after my next Sulik kill, I will immediately head to the closest rare, and see if he's there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

yup, the main forums. so when i get home i have to click on the blizz email to reset my password and all that jazz.
twinkfist

Postby jere » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Yeah, that doesn't jive with what I've seen either. I have had rares spawn in front of me 10-15mins after just killing one in the same zone.
jere

Postby Flex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

While farming Sulik one day I hit him and had the Yaungol, Jonn-Dar, the fish guy, the flying mantid and the monkey in the mists all pop up multiple times in a row, did not check for the panderan girl or the lizard guy.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nooska » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm

I fixed my motehrs computer today - been hanging indefinately on "windows is now starting" log o screen, no amount of repairs would work. Could boot in safe mode but no keyboard support, so no commandline help either. After trying anything I could find as a huint on the internetz, nothing working, I decide to update the bios, just to see, as someone mentioned that somewhere - result the computer continually restarts.
So I try another boot repair, which stops the computer from restartying, and after restarting it a few times after running different scans (no repairs) suddenly the computer starts up. Restarting a few times reconnecingt everything (extra HDD, External HDD, Printer, card reader etc etc) and it still works just like its supposed to.

Why infrustrations? well I just don't do well with stuff that suddenly works without having done anything - I just don't like it, I want to know that I did X and now it works (because of X or some result of X) - and no way will I belive that a BIOS update is enough to suddenly have windows working again when it hung on the initialisation/loading of drivers etc.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm

horde guild only doing 2 hours a week raiding now
with having to relearn the fight each week it seems, we take >1 hr to down the guardians, and barely get to work on feng

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 pm

a reminder -- we're doing LFR in about 4 hrs -- i left my battletag on the realid thread

add me if interested.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am

BITCHES WITH BAD ATTENDANCE. RAGE.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 am

wanna trade that for cant sleep even with sleep aids?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:10 pm

My former guild is now completely falling apart, with people leaving on the flimsiest of reasons. It's a bit frustrating to realise the guild only existed because you made it happen, and the center could not hold without you.

At the very least, the core are now pooling contacts to find spots for everyone.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 am

getting so frustrated at myself making the same mistake over and over on the trash before elegon that I said I'd probably have to step out because I was apparently having a bad night and didn't want to hold the group back... and having the RL for the group I was PUG'ed into freak because of how much time it would take to find a new tank (others were slightly more supportive ;) ).

We finally did get it down (after I basically said I didn't want anyone giving me crap if I couldn't get it in the next 15 mins), but it probably took more attempts than some of the earlier bosses. But from there on out each of the pulls got easier until we one-shot the final group and actually made some good attempts on Elegon.
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Reading the Elegon (10N) thread, looking at our log from tonight...

I just got a massive headache for tuesdays raid *blink*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Passionario » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Our 10-man group has no Bloodlusts.

Another 10-man guild team has 3 shamans, but they'd rather watch us DE all of our mail drops than come over and help.

Bloody cliques.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

No shaman, mages or hunters?

That sucks...

Edit: Just thought about our team from this weekend... and 50% are on the same token (3 pallies, 2 priests.)

I believe we had a similar breakdown in t11 (3 priests, 1 pally, 1 lock), but managed to break that up a bit as we progressed into t12 and t13.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

A couple of things I noticed:

Big moments for DPS CDs are early on, during 3/4th spark phase and in the final phase (BL then) - we need to get to P2 with 2 protectors, and we have 9 minutes and a half - more than enough for 3 to 4 cycles of CDs.
Gurzog's deaths were also uncalled for.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General