What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 am

Figured it would be good to have it plainly separated from the old 85 thread.

I will just put down my experiences for now and update when more information comes to light.

Full ToC - 10man - Did mostly as prot but ret for Jaraxis, Twins and Champions. Will probably start working on heroic as it all went pretty well tbh.
Sunwell minus Kalecgos 25 man (first boss) - Prot for Brutallus, Retri for rest.
Sarth 3D - 10 man. - Retri, bring buff food, flask and a healthstone until gear gets better (I have 469 dps gear I think but it's still early in expansion).
VOA all - 10 man. Toravon requires Prot with careful use of cooldowns including bubble. Retri for others.
Naxx all - 10 man, Retri for everything surprisingly.

Sarutankah

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron). I did try and almost managed to kill Mimiron, so I believe that one to be possible. I tried Algalon but wiped when he phased me and did his raid-wipe AOE.

I can't remember which spec for every fight, unfortunately. I recall that Hodir enraged but that I was able to finish him. I also recall that nothing was able to damage my Demolisher on Flame Leviathan and I suspect that I could've done it on heroic since I wasn't actually getting damaged.
Belloc

Postby Rhagen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 am

Belloc wrote:All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron).

Auriaya, razor, ignis Vezax and Mimi was doable at 85 as well along with most in Ulduar exept Yogg/algalon Possibly thorim (not sure if engineer/speed pot tact would work)

FL 25 was also doable at 85 and Ignis i did the other day at 90, 30% wipe on XT 25 not tried Razor on 25 tho
Rhagen

Postby ginga-uk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:47 am

Did ToC(10)as prot with the exception of champions, in which I was unable to burst down a healer, so the fight was destined to go on for ever....

I didn't manage to complete Firelands rep, so would be interested if anyone has a good suggestion for one or more of the bosses in there.
ginga-uk

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 am

Not mentioning the fairly high damage going on, the mechanics don't allow to solo Firelands (or any of the lvl 85 raids for what it matters)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daishan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 am

I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhagen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am

daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.

ive tried this in my.. shitty heroic blue gear as Ret and i got her to about 53% before the Tornado phase followed by my quickly demise
Rhagen

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm

daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.

Don't caster adds at the ground rape you while in teh air?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daishan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 pm

The caster adds only hit you when your low down, you can out range them for just about all of the flying, for any class with self heals getting hit isn't much of an issue. My spriest never had the gear to solo while it was current but I did take down the last 35% with the rest of the raid dead once, that was with just a couple of FL hm drops.
I wont be going back there anytime soon as getting my spriest alt the staff using openraid pugs was far to stressful to ever want to see that place again :p
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Rhagen wrote:

ive tried this in my.. shitty heroic blue gear as Ret and i got her to about 53% before the Tornado phase followed by my quickly demise

If you land outside the room during tornado phase you should be able to survive it easily enough if nothing has changed (it was close but doable for shadowpriest at 85 post 5.0, should be trivial for paladin with bubble. Then you kite the boss up Rhyolith's hill slowly while it does its cleave, then when it takes off you grab feathers and repeat phase 1.
Rhiannon

Postby Rhagen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Rhagen wrote:

If you land outside the room during tornado phase you should be able to survive it easily enough if nothing has changed (it was close but doable for shadowpriest at 85 post 5.0, should be trivial for paladin with bubble. Then you kite the boss up Rhyolith's hill slowly while it does its cleave, then when it takes off you grab feathers and repeat phase 1.

I was landing outside of the room even with Bubble, Divine protection and healing myself with FoL i just couldnt stay alive long enough, i probably did something wrong but yea its probably doable in someway
Rhagen

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Were you saving bubble for as late as possible? The damage ramps up through that phase, when I did it on sp at 85 I spam healed myself until I just couldn't keep up and then dispersed. Admittedly the haste buff on renew helped a lot before it fell off. I guess mana is also a real constraint for a ret paladin while it isn't for a shadow priest.
Rhiannon

Postby Morax » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Rhagen wrote:
Belloc wrote:All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron).

Auriaya, razor, ignis Vezax and Mimi was doable at 85 as well along with most in Ulduar exept Yogg/algalon Possibly thorim (not sure if engineer/speed pot tact would work)

FL 25 was also doable at 85 and Ignis i did the other day at 90, 30% wipe on XT 25 not tried Razor on 25 tho

Thorim (10) works with Speed of Light & Swiftness Potion.
Tried Vezax (as Prot and Ret) - best try was around 20%. Dunno how to get it. :(
Morax

Postby Blackharon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 am

Easily downed HC(10) Marrowgar in ICC.

Deathwhisper doesn't seem possible (on heroic).
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Postby Rhagen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Morax wrote:
Rhagen wrote:

Thorim (10) works with Speed of Light & Swiftness Potion.
Tried Vezax (as Prot and Ret) - best try was around 20%. Dunno how to get it. :(

I know Vezax is basicly impossible to do now as Prot cause in MoP we get 0 mana regen on that fight at all, unless abusing the add things that spawn i guess, so that is probably harder now then it was at 85 (i know it was doable back then)
Rhagen

Next

Return to General Strats