Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Jeremoot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 am

Tirisfal Batling just went up on mine for 10k. :(
Jeremoot

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 am

Yeah I just got sniped on a Hippogryph Hatchling while I was at work.. come back and see.. a Phoenix Hatchling. For 10k. Nothing else.

This is beyond retarded.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 am

Yesterday we had a cat carrier. That was it.

Today it's a another cat carrier, and some 483 cloth bracers. What happened to the 4 items at a time that they had up a few weeks ago?

And 10k for pets? Most are going for under 1k on our AH, with the top ones maybe at 6k or so (doubt those are actually selling).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

4 items on ours atm. PvP/T3/pet/mount. Random is random.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 pm

BAH! This little of the "Random" is bullshit when there are hundereds wanting to use the BMAH. When will we see dozens of items up on that damn thing. So boring and lack luster.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Jabari » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am

I use to farm Embersilk with a Potion of Treasure Finding in Deepholm just north of Stonehearth - would get about 130 Bolts of cloth during the potion's hour (plus the Volatiles and ore and greens to DE and everything else from the chests).

Is there a similar spot(s) for Windwool farming with a Potion of Luck?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

So...not much going on with my Goblin family this Xpac huh? Well I have some great news friends! I just saved a bunch of money with GEICO! haha BAM!

I kid I kid...

Well I have made 200k off of the Goblin Rocket. Super slow gowing about it though as I only farm MoH from my farm, but I net 30k on each one. Takes me less than a week to sell it. I am so happy to make gold off dat shiat now!

Not making much gold from BS as there is a huge supply side market for all crafted items this Xpac and not much demand side. LOTS of LFRs make that kind of a bust as only the hardcore buy great crafted epics to jump into normal modes.

With that said, however, JC prices are still at nigh on vendor prices (after the AH tax) so not making gold off of raw or cut gems. I am still selling the rings and necks (ilvl 450) but that is only at 50-100% margins and no valume to speak of. So its a meager living off my JC. I could make nice gold off the mounts (so not enough time to do the damn dailies on yet another toon AND run LFR's on all of them...not to mention work the AH) so not to amped that I am choosing to NOT make gold with that. DOH!

Frankly...LW 415ilvl blues are going great! Well...better than I would have though that is to say. I am selling 12k worth a week and 1230g an item. haha even a wrist slot! I have had 3 peeps jump into the void that I filled, but that is the game we all play...yes?
Holyblaze

Postby Gab » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Holyblaze wrote:So...not much going on with my Goblin family this Xpac huh?

Times are tough for AH goblins in MoP. At least for me anyway.

I've made just south of 300k since the expansion launched but a lot of that had to do with grabbing two battered hilts, one for 200 gold! and the other for 1500 gold and reselling for 25k each. Also bought a pair of Cloudkeeper Legplates for 1k that resold for around 15k. So around 20% of my profit this expansion has come from those 3 transactions...

I have been making high profits on BS 450 pvp gear for people trying to get the ilvl for heroics/LFR as well as the 415 jewelry for those fresh 85s to get into TJS and SB. Although both have been relatively low volume.

Metas have been extremely high profit for me as well, probably my biggest money maker this expansion as I predicted early. Also a relatively low volume, but the profit margin has been so high it doesn't really matter.

Enchants have done pretty well, lower profit margin but much higher volume than my other markets.

Bags have been excellent for me, buying up cheap Chaos orbs and volatiles whenever I see them for Illusionary bags and also shattering cheap abyssal crystal into dust for frostweave bags. All those Pandas/Monks need storage too.

I'm moving from a relatively low volume high profit economy on Azgalor to what looks like a higher volume lower profit economy on Bleeding Hollow. So all of this is probably going to change. It sure was a lot easier in Cata imo, especially for JCs.

Edit: Oh yeah I've also been making an absolute killing on 18 second Invis Pots for people running CMs. The mats are dirt cheap but usually don't show up in large quantities and the pattern is pretty rare from what I understand so I have been marking these up sky high.
Gab

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Whats that you say?!?!?! Invis Pots? WTF! Have i know of this long ago and forgotten? I will have to check both my Alchy's!
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am

So, it looks like I will be transferring servers again, and after checking the AHs, it doesn't look good. Seems my best chance to move gold will be to craft engineering mounts. I may also wind up trying more cross server pet selling and see how that goes.

Also not happy at all with legendary meta gems, as this likely means that JCers won't be able to sell nearly as many in 5.2. Only solace is that increased gear drop rates in 5.0 LFRs should mean more gem sales, but those prices are crap now anyway.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:12 am

It *seems* that it would be an extra slot on an existing helm.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 am

Sagara wrote:It *seems* that it would be an extra slot on an existing helm.

Hrmmm.. We'll see.

Did some more digging on TUJ and my server move is gonna be tough, mounts appear to be the best chance, but actuallly crafting them on the new server, but buying the vendor item on the old server.

halabar

Postby sahiel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Nothing at all but Bloodsoaked Invitations on mine for the last couple of days now... pretty massive fail.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm

While the BMAH has been, and frankly will continue to be, a big letdown for me. With that said, however, I started doing and old tried and true Goblin move and that is snipeing low listed items and relisting them for nice margins.

I have been hitting the rings and necks and trinkets kinda hard. Dumping 100K on a lot of stuff then just selling as demand allows. Been good I have to say! 10k margins on rings is damn good for me!
Holyblaze

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Next Wrathion quest segment requires 40 trillium bars. Sounds like a good chance to make money if you have transmute masters.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General