Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:32 am

You could always just save time and write down your order for them!

I'm kidding

Seriously though, we've had some pretty horrendous service, enough that when it's eventually brought up to the manager, we've gotten many a free meal.

We were at this one place called BeauJos pizza (in Colorado, if you've been to CO and haven't been there... you're really missing out!) There were about 15 of us, so we expected the service to be a little slow, not a huge problem. However, even though it wasn't all that busy (there was one other large party, and maybe 2 other tables with people at them) the waiter wasn't even able to keep up with something as simple as refilling drinks. Half our order was screwed up, my mom actually got up to go hunt down some silverware and a plate for one person, and all kinds of things that might be more understandable if it was busier, but it just kept piling up. Eventually my mom talked to the manager, he came over to the table and asked what he could do to fix the situation... she jokingly said "you can buy dinner" (expecting him to return with a discount or something) and at first he laughed it off and said no, but came back later and told us the meal was on the house.

Of course, that's only one such incident, and again, I know large parties aren't generally easy to work with, but when there are only 2-3 tables filled in a restaurant of ~30+... things shouldn't be THAT bad...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 am

Skye1013 wrote:You could always just save time and write down your order for them!

I'm kidding

I actually wish that was an accepted way of ordering. Notepad at each table, jot down the numbers of the things you want, with specifications if needed.

42 - extra cheese, no pineapple!

My mum always wants her steaks VERY well done. No red, no pink. This seems to be difficult for 90 % of restaurants to understand. Guess they're gambling on that it's better to deliver it not well enough done then take it back and give it a few more minutes, than too well done and then having to throw it away and get a new one.

I guess most places have to put up with a lot of shit from rude/dumb customers, so they sort of "hedge their bets"..
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby lythac » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 am

Era wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:You could always just save time and write down your order for them!

I'm kidding

I actually wish that was an accepted way of ordering. Notepad at each table, jot down the numbers of the things you want, with specifications if needed.

USA Today - IPads increasingly crop up on restaurant menus for ordering

I hate phoning up for take-away, do it online.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Astronomic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 am

Will of the Emperor drops 3 things I could use. I have yet to even see any of them on LFR or normal T.T
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 am

Maintankadin's uptime.

90 minutes of trying to get here (on and off) today... What the heck>?
Shoju

Postby Era » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 am

Shoju wrote:Maintankadin's uptime.

90 minutes of trying to get here (on and off) today... What the heck>?

+1

Had some issues as well. Not today though, but earlier in the week.
Was also logged out at one point, and when I tried logging back in I was told I had too many login attempts after just one, and had to do the I AM HUMAN PLEASE DON'T SHOOT thing.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby jere » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:54 am

I see it go down every couple of days, at least for the last few weeks. Then I either get the "run in offline" mode option or it is totally down with no offline mode at all.
jere

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 am

Success: 2nd Ancient Panderian Fishing Trinket (now can fish on my new main)

Frustration: 25ish kills of Sulikshor, 15 of Scritch, no luck yet, lost Sulikshor on one spawn to a druid that was camping him, who got the Shard.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

Frustration: been trying to get one shitty kill of Sulikshor for a week now (last one I need for Glorious). :<

And 40+ Nalash kills and no Aqua pet drop.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am

Newsom wrote:Frustration: been trying to get one shitty kill of Sulikshor for a week now (last one I need for Glorious). :<

Sulik is on an 80-100 minute timer.

I found an Aqua pet on the AH for 3k, and snapped it up.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am

tried to post my dailies idea on the main forum...only to find out that my account is locked because "nefarious" acts of possible hacking were going on.

i literally change my password ever 10 days or so...unreal.
twinkfist

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

The main forums? As in battle.net forums? I was getting errors trying to log in to the forums this morning
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Astronomic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The main forums? As in battle.net forums? I was getting errors trying to log in to the forums this morning

Probably because of twinkfist's nefarious acts. :wink:
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Flex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm

halabar wrote:
Newsom wrote:Frustration: been trying to get one shitty kill of Sulikshor for a week now (last one I need for Glorious). :<

Sulik is on an 80-100 minute timer.

I found an Aqua pet on the AH for 3k, and snapped it up.

Here's how the rares work with a 99% certainty.

All rares in a zone share a spawn timer of about an hour and will all spawn at the same time. The spawn timer does not kick in until the last rare in the zone is killed. So if you kill Sulik'shor at 19:00 server time and the last rare is killed at 19:30 server you should get a respawn around 20:30 server or so.

Raid Frustration:

Feng deciding not to use Lightning Fist for the first 25% of his health and then using it twice in the cycle after we had run out of cooldowns to keep people alive during Epiccenter.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm not sure that's strictly how it works. I've noticed how the rares spawn together in a zone, but I have never seen a full set of rares all spawn at the same time - it's usually only 3-4 of them.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General