Re: LGBT rights discussion

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I found it hilarious:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 17777.html
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Saw that on my facebook earlier today. Shit was lost.
Levantine

Postby Amirya » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 am

I probably shouldn't be giggling like a fiend just before I go to bed. That was, indeed, hilarious.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 am

A motherfucking quiche.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:43 am

Nikachelle wrote:Wasn't sure where to put this, but I found it hilarious:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 17777.html

What if you DO support gay marriage but DON'T have a girlfriend???

Then... nothing... I guess...

/sigh
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 am

You're still allowed to see the humour!

Or go learn to make a quiche. That should pull in all the ladies.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Bitches love quiche.
Levantine

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Brekkie wrote:I'll get excited when we can elect an athiest.

we're getting closer and closer

Not that it would really matter in the end. As a Christian I don't consider the people leading America as real Christians. You don't act to cause suffering to anyone as a real christian which they have so many times through their foreign policy and internal policy.
Io.Draco

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 am

Io.Draco wrote:Not that it would really matter in the end for me.

FIFY. Sure, others might also think like you, but there are many that don't, so electing an atheist would cause people to go more apeshit insane than Romney's loss.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 am

Sure people would go insane over it, I don't doubt that, my point however was about the fact that it would not change how decisions in Washington are made.

I think what America really needs is to drop the religion issue when electing politicians. It shouldn't fucking matter, but it sadly does.
Io.Draco

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Io.Draco wrote:I think what America really needs is to drop the religion issue when electing politicians. It shouldn't fucking matter, but it sadly does.

Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 am

Well it's a bit hypocritical to say it doesn't matter on one hand and say you'd like to see an athiest elected on other. Having read through most of this thread and the politics thread, it seems to me that the presence of religion means more to those who aren't religious than those who are.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 am

Fridmarr wrote:Having read through most of this thread and the politics thread, it seems to me that the presence of religion means more to those who aren't religious than those who are.

Just like it seems people eating meat means more to those who dont eat meat, than for those who do.
Treck

Postby Invisusira » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:21 am

Fridmarr wrote:Well it's a bit hypocritical to say it doesn't matter on one hand and say you'd like to see an athiest elected on other. Having read through most of this thread and the politics thread, it seems to me that the presence of religion means more to those who aren't religious than those who are.

You're absolutely right, it DOES matter a lot more to us. Why? Because, as non-religious or non-Christian Americans, we're the ones who are forced to live with it every single day. When half a country is so gung-ho to elect an candidate based on the fact that he is so openly Christian and vows to get the country back to God and cure it of the gay instead of ACTUAL POLITICAL ISSUES, there is something absolutely disgustingly wrong with how shit works.

America was founded on the principle of freedom of - and freedom from - religion. We all know the separation of church and state is... not quite there. When we have someone looking to set the country back 50 years with his views on basic civil rights for women and gays almost get elected, you damn well better believe religion matters to us.
Invisusira

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Invisusira wrote:You're absolutely right, it DOES matter a lot more to us. Why? Because, as non-religious or non-Christian Americans, we're the ones who are forced to live with it every single day. When half a country is so gung-ho to elect an candidate based on the fact that he is so openly Christian and vows to get the country back to God and cure it of the gay instead of ACTUAL POLITICAL ISSUES, there is something absolutely disgustingly wrong with how shit works.

America was founded on the principle of freedom of - and freedom from - religion. We all know the separation of church and state is... not quite there. When we have someone looking to set the country back 50 years with his views on basic civil rights for women and gays almost get elected, you damn well better believe religion matters to us.
But it ought to be about that candidate's views, and not one's own prejudices about religion in general. That is the same sort of gross generalization used to justify the worst sorts of human behavior.

That said, if someone hates religion that's fine with me, they just shouldn't say that religion shouldn't matter to anyone, while it clearly does to them.

For the record, freedom "from" religion, is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That would imply that anyone who makes a public comment about religion is violating your rights and is therefore committing a crime. There could not possibly be anything less American than that. The government isn't responsible to keep you free from religion, they are responsible to protect your religious choices and to treat religions equally.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum