Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:00 am

bldavis wrote:well Sha is replacement for BH/VoA so it should drop normal tier
you still need to get a bunch of ppl, beat the other fac....oh wiat that is galleon...
Sha you just have to get friends and lolfaceroll


Galleon is pretty much faceroll too, unless the other faction attacks. Galleon is just rare.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm

2nd night of raiding in MoP - Gara'jal gives up the ghost, and the Kings are looking like they'll fall Sunday.
Got a necklace to boot!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

We actually found Kings to be easier than Gajaral

And yay on the new necklace
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah, and Gara is nothing apart from a tight DPS check.

Was failry easy in the end.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Klaudandus wrote:We actually found Kings to be easier than Gajaral

And yay on the new necklace

Kings feels like a joke compared to everything else in there.

That being said, someone made that exact same comment this past raid weekend and, of course, we proceeded to wipe 6+ times on Spirit Kings as a result. Typical.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:well Sha is replacement for BH/VoA so it should drop normal tier
you still need to get a bunch of ppl, beat the other fac....oh wiat that is galleon...
Sha you just have to get friends and lolfaceroll


Galleon is pretty much faceroll too, unless the other faction attacks. Galleon is just rare.

i was saying beat the other faction to a tag
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:well Sha is replacement for BH/VoA so it should drop normal tier
you still need to get a bunch of ppl, beat the other fac....oh wiat that is galleon...
Sha you just have to get friends and lolfaceroll


Galleon is pretty much faceroll too, unless the other faction attacks. Galleon is just rare.

i was saying beat the other faction to a tag


Depending on the server, ya.

However, the bigger challenge may just be getting in the group. Not many know of the "leave group and invite others to share the tag".

I've gotten in a group once so far, from the group first forming to the pull was 5 min tops, likely less. Easy to miss out on that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

i havent even seen him up on either server so...
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Level 80 pallytank alt... with Heirlooms, crafted and those REDONKULOUS i409 random panda drops.

56k health.
8% dodge.
52% parry.
35% haste.
17% hit (wish i could get rid of more)
17% expertise (ditto)

LULS. JUST. LULS.

And I just went from 80 to 81 farming that big room of undead supplicants/worshippers in the smaller citadel next to icecrown citadel for cloth drops. Pull all of them at once.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Extermi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 pm

After 2 weeks and ~40 wipes we finally got Elegon down and then 3-shotted the last boss, clearing the first raid instance. Yay ! And, me being top DPS in the final fight due to all my opportunistic strikes - opportunism never felt that good :)
Extermi
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby alayire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:We actually found Kings to be easier than Gajaral

And yay on the new necklace

Kings feels like a joke compared to everything else in there.

That being said, someone made that exact same comment this past raid weekend and, of course, we proceeded to wipe 6+ times on Spirit Kings as a result. Typical.
kings is easy if you get Subetai second. anything else can turn into a clusterfuck of epic proportions, especially when you can have overlapping abilities, like pinning shot over maddening shout, or pretty much everything with maddening shout.
alayire
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:43 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:06 am

I finished Glorious!
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 am

culhag wrote:I finished Glorious!


Welcome to the club :)
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am

bldavis wrote:i havent even seen him up on either server so...


Considering how fast groups fill and down the boss, you could take a bio and miss him. Not to mention if that a larger guild sees him, no invites will go out at all, he'll just disappear.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Newsom » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:We actually found Kings to be easier than Gajaral

And yay on the new necklace


Wait until you see it on heroic, probably the hardest heroic boss in there. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

Luckily for me, my guild is not touching heroics until they've been nerfed by 30%
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 am

Dumb BM Hunter successes:

Finally got a green Portent (have a blue and red as well), and Glimmer (what a pain this guy is to find). Now if I only had about 10 more stable slots I could keep everything else... (Finally had to dump one of the Spirit Beasts to make room, but I never used Banthalos anyway as the flapping is really annoying).

Also, the Pink Flamingo is a sweet raid pet. :) Spirit Beast healing is still good, but AoE Sunder Armor is just insane at times.

Non-dumb BM Hunter success: Got the Bow from LFR Vaults, which was nice.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 pm

culhag wrote:I finished Glorious!


Me too! Had the hardest time getting Nessos and Morgrinn but both were up this morning and Nessos dropped Hardened Shell which I had planned on farming anyway. Good start to the day.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Sagara wrote:2nd night of raiding in MoP - Gara'jal gives up the ghost, and the Kings are looking like they'll fall Sunday.
Got a necklace to boot!

And now I gotta read up on 2 bosses for sunday rather than 1 - thanks a lot :p (but seriously, awesome to get a first kill without me being there, was a bit afraid it was jinxed - oh wait, I gotta remember to give you first kill bonus on the dkp - more work for me!)
--

My feeling of success today is that we managed to hold the raid group together and get a - by all accounts - awesome new tank, thats not afraid to talk and fits in nicely with the guild in general.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Got some bracers, a ring, and levelled alchemy to 600 on my druid (now have one of each specialization).
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 am

Finally got the Shard from Sulik.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby JoeBravo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 am

Nooska wrote:
Sagara wrote:2nd night of raiding in MoP - Gara'jal gives up the ghost, and the Kings are looking like they'll fall Sunday.
Got a necklace to boot!

And now I gotta read up on 2 bosses for sunday rather than 1 - thanks a lot :p (but seriously, awesome to get a first kill without me being there, was a bit afraid it was jinxed - oh wait, I gotta remember to give you first kill bonus on the dkp - more work for me!)
--

My feeling of success today is that we managed to hold the raid group together and get a - by all accounts - awesome new tank, thats not afraid to talk and fits in nicely with the guild in general.


yw.

when can I expect that 50k you offered for sabotaging our 2nd raidteam?

:mrgreen:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 am

LOL
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 am

Finally got a Galleon kill! And won a 496 neck!
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4839
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm

In my second week of raiding (with another guild, my main guild is still prepping), we did what took us 2 nights in 1. Tonight, we dine with Elegon.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest