Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Welcome

Postby kraid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello,

Kraid from Quelthalas US (Latin america section)

just started playing a tankadin 25 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes ago (not counting lvling time).

so far so good, this seems like a really nice forum, I have been lurking around here for some time now and indeed I want to te part of this forum comunity.
kraid

Postby DumpsterMummy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 am

hey there, been lurking for a couple weeks getting some good info for my brand new 80 pally. figured i would at least say hi.
DumpsterMummy

Postby Otuel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am

Howdy.

First off, thank you everyone for the thorough work you do. Here, I can get high quality and timely information without having to deal with EJ type attitudes.

A human Pally was my first toon in vanilla and I leveled him as holy since I reasoned if he could heal himself better it would be harder to kill him. Of course it was harder killing anything else either. I finally hit 60 about 2 months before BC hit and when the restructure of talents hit I respecced prot and have been that way ever since.

I am now in a steady 10 man raid team (horde side) that raids once a week for 2.5 hours. I know that is very different from what most of you do but it works for our schedules. Since time is limited for us, it is important that everyone does their homework so that we can be as efficient as possible.

Fortunately I have you guys. Thanks again.

-Ot
Otuel / Protection / Earthen Ring (US)
Otuel

Postby DW_tankaholic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time and I have employed alot of the strategies I've learned here on my warrior. I recently rolled a paladin and figured I should start contributing to the community. I look forward to seeing you on the battle field.

Tankaholic - Prot - US-Deathwing
DW_tankaholic

Postby Accelerator » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Well hello! I've found this website because I am in desperate need of information. I'm a huntard, and a very experienced player (BC raider), but I've never had a pally nor tanked for that matter. Recently a friend quit and gifted me his account, his main happend to be a tankadin. I came here because I want to raid with this toon in our alt raids, etc and I know nothing about pallies much less protection ones. So I need to learn everything from scratch.

I look forward to working with you guys. =]
Accelerator

Postby Dibdib » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi,

I've been reading a little while - my "main" is a gnome arcane mage but I like my tankadin so much that the mage hardly gets a look in. My pally is currently 84 and has been specced Prot from scratch, and has been levelled 99% tanking in dungeons (with the occasional battleground lately).

Now I'm getting close to reaching 85 and the real fun started, I wanted to learn all the stuff I need to know and here seems to be the best place to do it :)

Chris
Dibdib

Postby Nioknight » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Hey,

Been playing my Prot Paladin since mid Wrath and just now got caught up with high End Game raiding. So I thought that I could listen to all the theorycrafting and stuff going on here, it's great.

Me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ght/simple

Thanks for all the Info!
Nioknight

Postby Forboden » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am

Hi. I'm a 34 yr old husband adn father of one. I work as a graphic designer and cartoonist (probably nothing you know) in E-town, Kentucky.

I am also The World's Oldest n00b. In order to explain what I mean I'll give you a brief history of my time playing WoW:
I've been Playing WoW since launch. I leveled my first toon (a hunter) to 60 purely through grinding because I was simply too intimidated by the idea of questing. I finally decided to give questing a try around the second year of play and was hooked. That said, there was no way I was setting foot in one of those dungeons people didn't seem to want to shut up about. There was just too much that could go wrong there and I didn't want it on my head. Eventually thought dungeon finder came along and I screwed up my courage to give it a try. I began experimenting with a Protection Paladin but queuing up as dps. No one was happy to see me in a DPS slot but I secretly knew I was doing them all a favor. There was no way I was having all their deaths on my head over and over and HEY, now I was running actual dungeons right? Things were good.

Then something happened. My wife started playing. She got hooked fast and she had way more balls than I ever did at her level of skill. She wanted to do it all and she wanted to do it now! However, I'd managed to developed some modicum of skill over the years while my wife was still mouse clicking her abilities. I knew she'd need close guidance and if she insisted on going into dungeons right out of the gate, I wasn't going to let her do it alone.

And that's how my first tank was born.

Playing Forboden I quickly discovered that the fear which had always kept me from throwing myself into the game (the fear of fucking things up) had become my greatest strength. I studied hard and watched a ton of youtube vids. I asked a million questions and lived in dungeons from level 15 to level 85 (I've barely left Stormwind) I was not going to let my wife or the rest of my group down because of laziness or fear. I have since become a pretty successful tank and am looking forward to trying my hand at raid content.

I'm always on the look out for new tanking resources though, because a good tank is always growing, and stumbling across this site was like an epic world drop(hurr-hurrrrr). You guys do an awesome job and I love the atmosphere. I hope to contribute usefully and continue to benefit from the wealth of knowledge housed here.

-Tanks a bunch
Forboden

Postby MrDiamondJ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey all! I've been playing WoW for about two years now. A friend of mine I used to work with kept bugging me to get into it (he has since quit the game after playing it daily for six years straight), but I never figured I'd enjoy it. However, I was curious, and finally took the plunge after buying vanilla WoW on sale for $5.00 on Amazon. The rest, as they say, is history. I've been playing steadily ever since and I'm not looking back.

Currently my main is a Ret Pally, but I've been slowly accumulating tanking gear in order to make the jump from DPS to tanking. DPS is fine but I'm a little burnt out on it, and frankly I think I'll enjoy tanking a lot more once I become semi-competent. I've never done any end-game raiding, and I'm pretty much a noob at Heroics, but my goal is to eventually tank well enough to participate in end-game content.

Very glad to be here.
MrDiamondJ

Postby Ayronna » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

Hello all,
I've been playing WoW ever since Vanilla. Even though I've been playing priest in WotLK (Shadow mainly) and druid (dps, tank ánd healer) in Cata, I still like being a paladin as well, playing Dwarf and Blood elf at the moment. I've levelled most palas as tank, though I've tried healing as well. But I just love to run in and smash things to pieces, so tank is the best spec for me!

Anyway, hoping to get my tanking knowledge up a bit more, both as pala and druid.
Emerald Dream, Alliance EU: Narhuanna (90 Blood DK), Finnah (90 BM Hunter)
Aggramar, Horde EU: Narhuanna (90 Blood DK), Finnah (90 Resto/Ele Shaman), Ayronna (90 Disc/shadow priest), Ipurr (90 Feral druid), Marjimma (90 Frost/Fire mage), Torchwood (85 Demo lock), Confuzzed (71 Prot Pala).
Ayronna

Postby Darklya » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 am

Heya all,

I've been reading the forums on and off since wraith, but recently got back into the game with a scroll of Res so. Since then I've been playing my pally more than my other toons. Just here for some great advice.

Thanks
Darklya

Postby Riânnon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Hello!
My name is Riânnon of Demon Soul - US. I'm the Main tank for <Servant of None>'s Mythic Raid group. I'll be using your wonderful and informative information on paladin tanking as well sharing what i discover to help other paladins.
I have Dk tanked since wrath, took a break from tanking in Dragon Soul and am beginning to paladin tank for the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
thank you for the information and good luck in your raiding!
ImageImageImage
Riânnon

Postby pbean » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi I'm pbean. I've always been a tank. Started as a Warrior, but at some point switched to my Paladin and stuck. I also have a bunch of other tank chars.

I was wondering - is it possible for my name to be changed? I'd really much rather have it as my character name than this silly alias. :oops:
Last edited by pbean on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbean

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am

pbean wrote:I was wondering - is it possible for my name to be changed? I'd really much rather have it as my character name than this silly alias. :oops:

I would try PMing a mod (probably Aergis.) He might be able to assist with that (if it's allowed.) Or, figure out how to delete that profile and just create a new one :D.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 am

It is possible (I think), pm me with the details and we'll get that sorted. Hopefully I wont break anything :?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General