Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 am

You telling me you plan on doing rep farms on all your alts? I already swore I will never do a daily again on my second char!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am

Can i hire you to farm reps for me?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 am

JoeBravo wrote:
Worldie wrote:Can i hire you to farm reps for me?

no.

Please? I got cookies

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 am

Worldie wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:
Worldie wrote:Can i hire you to farm reps for me?

no.

Please? I got cookies

cookies don't improve my characters.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 am

Anyway, actual amusement:

Was headed to the corporate cafeteria to get a coffee, when in the middle of a bunch of suits, someone's cell phone goes off. Ringtone? The imperial march. So highly out of place in such a corporate world setting and yet it made me giggle. :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby theckhd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

JoeBravo wrote:Not having the valor rewards on reputation or gaining rep with tabards will make doing dailys moot for a huge chunk of the playerbase, leaving the world void of players again.

I don't necessarily buy that "empty world" hypothesis. I would have done the rep grinds with or without epic rewards, just for the achievements. And in fact, rather than grinding them out for 2+ hours a day in the first few weeks, I would have focused on the one or two I wanted most urgently and spread that time out over a much longer period of "real" time. Rather than being done with them in a month and a half, I might've taken 3 months to finish them all up, doing a few dailies a day. If anything, what gives the world activity are things like the Ironpaw daily, the rare spawns, or the achievements that require you to do dailies in interesting ways. I'm working on them, bit by bit, on Theck. It's keeping me out in the world even though I'm exalted with everyone, simply because I want to chip away at those achievements.

And it works without burning me out because the time investment is small - I might do Tillers dailies, Shado-Pan (for an achievement), or August Celestials, but that's about it. I can stomach 30-45 minutes of daily "chores," as long as I feel like I'm working towards something I want. The 2+ hour daily grind every day for the first month or two was fairly exhausting, and almost burned me out on this expansion, which is saying something. I haven't felt that overwhelmed or tired of the game, ever, including Vanilla WoW (though, to be fair, I had a lot more free time back then, so it's not entirely a fair comparison).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

it has burnt me out for the most part, and my single raiding toon currently is feeling it
i just cant bring myself to do dailies on him, even though he needs them the most

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby sahiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

bldavis wrote:it has burnt me out for the most part, and my single raiding toon currently is feeling it
i just cant bring myself to do dailies on him, even though he needs them the most

Exactly the same, I've pretty much given up on dailies of any kind at the moment, despite 'needing' to finish the reps I got so sick of them I've been doing non WoW things instead in the 2 hours I had been spending on them all.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:Anyway, actual amusement:

Was headed to the corporate cafeteria to get a coffee, when in the middle of a bunch of suits, someone's cell phone goes off. Ringtone? The imperial march. So highly out of place in such a corporate world setting and yet it made me giggle. :D

Seeting:
Bank project presentation meeting.
A Cell phone goes off with a old tone ringtone... you know the trim-trim?
Nothing unusual but a third party contracted resource sudently goes into frenzy mode and start clawing in his suit trying to get to the cell...
Everyone goes silent because this guy in in panic, and everyone is looking: Why in hell is this guy panicking? it's just a call...
As the guy finaly gets his cell and as he is about to press mute... a voice comes out from the Ringtone:
"Pick up this shit, mother-fucker!"
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 am

^I lol'd
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 am

Oh noo, haha! :lol:
I never understood why people would want ringtones like that.

I've been using the boss battle theme from Final Fantasy VII for ages now. To most people it just sounds like any other ringtone, and then there's the rare "thumbs up" approving look from random strangers that actually recognize it. ^^
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:11 am

An acquaintance actually had Bloody Tears as his ringtone for quite a while -- he was genuinely surprised when I recognized it.

Apparently, he had gone years with it without anyone identifying the tune.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby jere » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 am

I'm a big fan of Battle on the Big Bridge (I think that's the name...the Gilgamesh theme song). It's one of my favorite ringtones.
jere

Postby Era » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 am

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General