Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm

*snarky remark about republicans being poor losers*
Levantine

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Brekkie wrote:We haven't seen hide nor tail of Fridmarr since before election day...

RIP
:(

Did he secede? =P

I kid, I kid! *pops cds on the banhammer* =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Username: Fridmarr
Last visited: Yesterday, 15:48

Apparently he's still around somewhere.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Torquemada wrote:He ran as a politician. You saw the same thing with Bob Dole in 1996. He went on SNL and was witty, funny, and almost charismatic, and it was like, "Where the hell was this guy during the election?"

Politicians are like rock stars. They have image consultants and managers who tell them what they have to say and do, and sculpt and mould them over time into what they think that John Q. Public wants to vote for: America, apple pie, kissing babies, etc. I don't support much of Obama's platform, and he is incredibly artificial/scripted, but he managed to present the appearance that he isn't, and that's extremely novel at the presidential level of politics.

Same thing with Mcain. My brother had a hardon for obama from the beginning, when we saw Mcain's concession speech, I told my brother "If he'd been more like that, he would have won." And I heard that same exact sentiment on the radio the next day.
Melathys

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Melathys wrote:Same thing with Mcain. My brother had a hardon for obama from the beginning, when we saw Mcain's concession speech, I told my brother "If he'd been more like that, he would have won." And I heard that same exact sentiment on the radio the next day.

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 pm

and then there's the biden-palin 4koma exploitable
---
Klaudandus

Postby Torquemada » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Melathys wrote:Same thing with Mcain. My brother had a hardon for obama from the beginning, when we saw Mcain's concession speech, I told my brother "If he'd been more like that, he would have won." And I heard that same exact sentiment on the radio the next day.

He ran as a mild as milktoast wuss. He barely seemed to play up the veteran/POW card, instead focusing on calling everyone friend and being a nice guy. In reality, he's famous for being a hothead, cursing people out in the Senate, and having a horrible temper. I would have voted for that guy over the drone we got.

My favorite story about him was when he ran for Congress the first time. He'd married Cindy and moved to Arizona to help run her dad's Golden Eagle(Budweiser) distributorship. He was called a carpetbagger by some guy at a public event.

His reply: "Listen, pal. I spent 22 years in the Navy. My father was in the Navy. My grandfather was in the Navy. We in the military service tend to move a lot. We have to live in all parts of the country, all parts of the world. I wish I could have had the luxury, like you, of growing up and living and spending my entire life in a nice place like the First District of Arizona, but I was doing other things. As a matter of fact, when I think about it now, the place I lived longest in my life was Hanoi."

Imagine if that fiery, piss and vinegar son of a bitch had run.
Torquemada

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:40 pm

shit if we had that during the election 4 years ago...he might have won!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 am

Romney doesn't seem to get it
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/ ... gifts.html

No wonder Jindal called him out
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 33578.html

Not to mention that Romney had his own list of 'Free' stuff to give
Free stuff for young people: Increase spending on pell grants/student loans.
Free heathcare via the emergency room.
Free stuff for seniors: Increase spending on Medicare (because Obamacare cut it!).
Free stuff for military contractors because of increase spending on the Military.
Free stuff for the 1%: Reduced taxes
Free stuff for corporations: Reduce taxes.
Free stuff for oil companies: remove 'expensive' regulations/government fees.

Yeah, being facetious on the last part of my post, but its thursday morning and i got this terrible coffee that I have to drink...

And on other news...

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 22412.html
"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 am

No, it's not that Romney doesn't get it. The GOP doesn't get it.

Yahoo Article wrote:...because nominee Mitt Romney did not respond to criticism strongly enough or outline a specific agenda with a broad appeal.

"We need to figure out what we did right and what we did wrong, how we can improve our tone, our message, our technology, our turnout — all the things that are required to win elections," McDonnell said. "We are disappointed, but we are not discouraged."

"They spent all their time making Mitt Romney unacceptable and making him out to be someone who was untrustworthy and unacceptable to enough of the American people — and it worked," Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad said in an interview."

"In the hallways at the conference, the governors and their top advisers uniformly blamed Romney's loss on an uneven communications strategy. They said Romney allowed himself to be branded a corporate raider who put the interests of the wealthy above those of middle-income voters."

Yep. Totally just a Romney Problem. Total all about communications. Totally all about making Romney out to be a smarmy bastard.

It had nothing to do with their archaic batshit stupidity over

Abortion
Rape
Gay Rights
The Latino Community
The African American Community
The Female Population.

It's all because they are technologically backward dolts who couldn't find a way to get the bully to stop throwing rocks at their best guy.

Man... They are absolutely clueless.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:03 am

Skye1013 wrote:Username: Fridmarr
Last visited: Yesterday, 15:48

Apparently he's still around somewhere.

I'm here. I'm sure there is probably stuff here that I'd like to post about between this and the sports thread, but I just don't have time to post. I'm mostly just doing moderator stuff, checking on reported posts (which fortunately there hasn't been much) and deleting spam. I do peek into some threads to make sure there isn't a flame war going but that's about it.

I'll be back annoying people before too long though, I'm sure.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 am

Klaudandus wrote:John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 22412.html
"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Of course, he could have just raised his prices without being a dick about it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 am

but big business owners have to make a point!

he could have also waited until it takes effect...
i dont get ppl like them, there is a coal mine owner that has already canned ppl just cause obama won the election
doesnt matter his tazes wont go up for a year or two yet

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 am

Shoju wrote:No, it's not that Romney doesn't get it. The GOP doesn't get it.

Yeah, the GOP doesn't get it, and Romney seems to be the current unofficial spokesperson of the ideology the GOP has.

I mean, it seems the 47% remark is really how he feels about america, considering the following quote was just made some days ago
“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free healthcare, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free healthcare worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity. I mean, this is huge,” Romney said, the New York Times reported.

EDIT

GOP chief: Mystery black voters
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83895.html
“In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day,” Charlie Webster told Portland, Maine’s NBC affiliate on Wednesday. “Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in town knows anyone who’s black. How did that happen? I don’t know. We’re going to find out.”

EEDIT #2

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/ ... licans.php
A follow-up on the latest Romney fumble (the "gifts")

And a good editorial on it
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com ... ribed.html
"So is Romney's very low tax rate (compared with mine), for example, not a gift from the government? Are all the net federal transfers of wealth to red states not also, by that logic, a gift? What would Romney call getting offered a job with zero risk (Bain Capital), and a promise that if the investments did not work out, he could go back to his old job with no penalty, and retroactively get all his previous salary paid? Was that a gift as well? Or was that thriving, striving, Deseret?"
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 am

A rather interesting article on why people would rather work at wal-mart than in a manufacturing job
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/magaz ... .html?_r=0
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum