Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 am

not enough people signing up for raid, and seemingly people just not logging in on raid nights. We have a group of ~4 who can be counted on to be around, but our RL occasionally just doesn't show up without a warning and I don't know what happened to the other 5-6 who'd wanted to raid.

I'm thinking we may finally get around to a guild raid sometime next tier. Maybe. I can't help but wonder if the daily grind required to buy VP gear is part of it, or if people just gave up.
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 am

benebarba wrote:but our RL occasionally just doesn't show up without a warning

That's absolutely ridiculous.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:
benebarba wrote:but our RL occasionally just doesn't show up without a warning

That's absolutely ridiculous.

My grammar or the event ? (egads that was an ugly sentence :P)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if I got a heads up (being an assistant RL). It's the logging on sometimes and wondering if he's going to be around. Probably doesn't help people on the wings seeing invites and nothing but maybe a 5-man or scenario happening.
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 am

The event. The fact that someone can call themselves a raid leader and yet leave their raiders wondering if they will show up is horrible. That's not a leader - that's an utter flake.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:09 am

How in the HELL does it make sense to charge $800 for a flight from Toronto to Dublin, with a connection in London (Heathrow), yet a flight from Toronto to Heathrow is $200-$300 more?!?!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 am

Please someone more "up" on British sites tell me that

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357 ... esurrected

Is some horrid joke, or onion type site?
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 am

Nikachelle wrote:How in the HELL does it make sense to charge $800 for a flight from Toronto to Dublin, with a connection in London (Heathrow), yet a flight from Toronto to Heathrow is $200-$300 more?!?!

After several years of taking flights all around europe and somewhere in africa, I have lost all belief that flight companies prices make any sense. I occasionally payed more a flight from Bari to Milan than from Bari to London.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am

Shoju wrote:Please someone more "up" on British sites tell me that

I've heard rumours about that as well, but as far as I know, nothing is confirmed. And to be honest, I doubt anything related to major plot events will be revealed/confirmed in a while yet.

But then again, who knows. From a cynical point of view it's all about money, and Darth Vader will generate profits (if not in the original fan base, then through today's young).

EDIT: Talked with a British friend. He wasn't quite sure, but said the paper isn't one of the giants, but probably not "full of horseshit like the Daily Mail" either. Interpret at own risk. :P

EDIT 2: The Daily Mail Song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
Last edited by Era on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Winkle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 am

Shoju wrote:Please someone more "up" on British sites tell me that

The express is a daily paper in the UK, it's certainly far from the best journalism, but it's not a joke site either.
Winkle

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 am

Nikachelle wrote:How in the HELL does it make sense to charge $800 for a flight from Toronto to Dublin, with a connection in London (Heathrow), yet a flight from Toronto to Heathrow is $200-$300 more?!?!

Its not cheaper, its a discount for having to change.

Last time I went to the states (Copenhagen -> Detroit) they didn't have any direct flights so I had to go via JFK, ATL, DET both ways, the trip was remarkedly cheaper than teh direct flight would have been, and also cheaper than the flight just to JFK would have been.

Yeah, its not human logic, but its air-carrier logic, for each additional stop, we add a discount.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 am

Nooska wrote:

Its not cheaper, its a discount for having to change.

Last time I went to the states (Copenhagen -> Detroit) they didn't have any direct flights so I had to go via JFK, ATL, DET both ways, the trip was remarkedly cheaper than teh direct flight would have been, and also cheaper than the flight just to JFK would have been.

Yeah, its not human logic, but its air-carrier logic, for each additional stop, we add a discount.

Yep - probably been like that since they expanded how many places they could fly direct. Since aircraft need to move around to service various routes and empty seats on planes flying are a 'loss' - so to entice people onto 'less desirable' routes/times, you give a discount. Sometimes an extreme one. Very occasionally you see the opposite - where a hop to a tiny airport costs you an arm and a leg.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Have you looked at Canadian Affair? They were much cheaper than what I was finding on expedia/lastminute/etc when I flew over. (Though of course they're not exactly luxury flights, pretty basic.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Can you do crz lfr?

If so, my guild runs lfrs on friday nights, 9 pm cst, if you are horde and want to come, msg me.

Cuz i keep hearing about people and their lfr horror stories.

We are doing heart of fear...

Oh yeah, only need dps and healers.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:

Have you looked at Canadian Affair? They were much cheaper than what I was finding on expedia/lastminute/etc when I flew over. (Though of course they're not exactly luxury flights, pretty basic.)

They're (Air Transat, aka canadianaffair.ca aka exitnow.ca) who I typically use to fly to the UK and Ireland, but even their prices are stupid atm. So far prices to Dublin or Belfast are $858 with a connection in London (fucking stupid - I've flown direct to Belfast before for less than that) and prices to London are around $1100. Having flown to both of those locations repeatedly, there is no way in hell I am paying those prices. The average price for a ticket to England is usually around $550-$600 CAD and the most I've ever paid was $800 but that was over a Christmas break. I think I'm just looking too far in advance and will probably wait a few months to look again.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Can you do crz lfr?

Yes, you can.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General