Remove Advertisements

Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

I could make a case that blizzard has some cognitive dissonance right now, not unlike republicans

Zarhym wrote:Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only
at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What
pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the
game?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I could make a case that blizzard has some cognitive dissonance right now, not unlike republicans

Zarhym wrote:Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only
at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What
pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the
game?

... huh? what's wrong with what Zarhym's saying here?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nooska » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm

^wondering the same thing - remember context, he is replying to someone saying he is forced to do it on 9 alts already, making him quit the game at this point.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Brekkie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Interested to see how the new Cabinet fills out.

Hoping for Jon Huntsman as the new Secretary of State to replace outgoing Hilary. He'd make a great bipartisan pick, and I like him a lot more than Kerry.
Ultimately our most important foreign country to get negotiations with *right* is China, and as an extremely successful and popular Ambassador to China who had good rapport with the people and speaks fluent Mandarin, Huntsman is the best choice. (Iran is more of a National Security/Intelligence issue than a Diplomatic Relations issue. The SecState is pretty limited in what they can do with regards to Iran since we don't have diplomatic relations with them, so to me it makes more sense for this cabinet pick to be mainly focused on China.)

Leon Panetta is on his way out as Secretary of Defense, which is probably for the best because it was never really a good fit for him in my opinion. He was appointed to demonstrate the administration's seriousness when it comes to DoD contributing to deficit reduction, and has accomplished that job. We need someone new, ideally a veteran themselves, who can now take the DoD forward and demonstrate that while the military will be leaner and more focused it will not be gutted mindlessly.
Probably best to keep this seat with a Democrat, to avoid any temptation for a Republican SecDef to use the authority of the position to score cheap politic points by making statements to the press whenever the military doesn't get its way.
I would mind seeing this seat go to a woman either, just for the priceless reaction of some of the fundamentalist-neoconservative Generals.

Secretary of the Treasury will be an important pick, and another opportunity for a bipartisan peace gesture to help make up for some of the anti-business rhetoric. It will likely stay with a democrat though, just so the administration presents a united front.

Secretary of the Interior could be given to a Republican as well. Most of the land owned by the DoI is in midwestern Red States, so it's a logical fit to pick someone from there who is familiar with the regional issues.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... petitions/

So... if Texas successfully secedes... does that mean I'm no longer a natural-born citizen of the US?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 pm

if they do, i guess they are the lone star republic again

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Torquemada » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Brekkie wrote:Interested to see how the new Cabinet fills out.

I don't think Huntsman is a bad idea at all. He has the experience for this, and the skills, and he's a better choice than many. Plus it keeps him away from DoD and the economy, which were my issues with him for Prez.

As far as DoD, I'm trying to figure out which way Obama's going to go, because I agree that Panetta is not really the person that should be in the seat for the next for years. I see them going with a bureaucrat over a retired general. Maybe one of the previous branch secretaries, or someone who's been on the Armed Services Committee. I could almost see them putting John Kerry in it.

I don't really think anyone could do a worse job than Geitner. Hopefully the new appointee will, I dunno. PAY HIS TAXES before being nominated.

I'm not really sure who they'll pick for the other cabinets, nor am I much concerned. I'm far more interested in who will replace Petraeus as D/CIA, whether they'll replace the ODNI, and whether General Allen is hosed by the current scandal and gets booted out. They already have a replacement for him at ISAF, but no idea who'll get set up for NATO commander now. Maybe General Thurman, who's at USFK now and went through nominations at the same time as Allen. Doubt it, but I would love to work for JD again.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Postby econ21 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 am

Damn, during the election, I really took a dislike to Romney (from a European left position) as he seemed to ooze insincerity. Then this morning I came across this off the record exchange he had with a conservative radio presenter on Mormonism and abortion that has made me totally question that prejudice:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... c=obinsite

I agree with the Slate article commentary - I wish we had seen more of this Romney, sincere, articulate, forceful and intellectually supple.
econ21

Postby Torquemada » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:13 am

He ran as a politician. You saw the same thing with Bob Dole in 1996. He went on SNL and was witty, funny, and almost charismatic, and it was like, "Where the hell was this guy during the election?"

Politicians are like rock stars. They have image consultants and managers who tell them what they have to say and do, and sculpt and mould them over time into what they think that John Q. Public wants to vote for: America, apple pie, kissing babies, etc. I don't support much of Obama's platform, and he is incredibly artificial/scripted, but he managed to present the appearance that he isn't, and that's extremely novel at the presidential level of politics.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 am

I think that's why people like Joe Biden a lot -- he's full of gaffes, but damn if the guy doesn't appear human

This speech is just moving as hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZ6UfXm410
---
Klaudandus

Postby Torquemada » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I think that's why people like Joe Biden a lot -- he's full of gaffes, but damn if the guy doesn't appear human

This speech is just moving as hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZ6UfXm410

By that same argument, Dan Quayle should have been more popular. Though I did enjoy me a good "Bushism" back in the day.
Torquemada

Postby Koatanga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Brekkie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Texas peitions to secede from the Union.

The city of Austin petitions to secede from Texas and apologizes for the rest of Texas' stupidity.

New petition requests that all the residents of Austin who signed the peition to secede from Texas be stripped of their citizenship.

*head explode*
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Brekkie wrote:Texas peitions to secede from the Union.

The city of Austin petitions to secede from Texas and apologizes for the rest of Texas' stupidity.

New petition requests that all the residents of Austin who signed the peition to secede from Texas be stripped of their citizenship.

*head explode*

---
Klaudandus

Postby Brekkie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

We haven't seen hide nor tail of Fridmarr since before election day...

RIP
:(
Brekkie

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum