Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 am

Teranoid wrote:You should ask him if he'd be more offended that you'd have to wipe 12 times from running out of battle rezs for idiots who can't understand "he hits whoever is standing next to him the second he lands"

So the interesting part of this is that someone knew he reset aggro when he landed after each phase, but I hadn't thought it would be the same on the pull *facepalm*.

That's what I get for not going to actually look up the strat and instead figuring the guy who said we should do it would actually know *all* the important mechanics (or at least explain them)

One thing that took some poking was to get people to not stand on him... but a few people dying to exhale because there was no way for me to even see the effect, much less get in the way, seemed to help people get that his hit box is about the size of manhattan.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:Also, go play some touhou or another bullet hell game and switch camera to a top view angle

=p

Yup - top view worked, as did taking advantage of the massive hit-box real estate he rocks. Also Speed of light to get between platforms worked wonders. Probably just have to hit it and hope we spend > 45 seconds on the first and second platforms

I found running in roughly a circle seemed to work out for the rings, then cutting in at the end. But I got hit a couple times. I'll try running with the spiral next time.
benebarba

Postby Lastwolf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

Unless you think you can do 20% of the boss's HP in 45 seconds you should be fine, I always am.
Lastwolf

Postby Stubblerump » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:46 pm

My pally tank and lock both received a lot of LFR love this week. My pally tank got tier gloves from Sha, the Elegion axe, and shield from MV raidfinder, and 483 tank helm from HoF raidfinder, along with a boe leg drop from tiller vermin. The lock got the offhand from HoF raidfinder. Also went crazy seeing what my lock could solo. Really loving my voidwalker tank. An incredible difference on holding aggro 100% from the cata version where I had maybe 25 seconds before I'd have to soulshatter for another maybe 10 seconds before he couldn't get aggro back. Anyway, Soloed Tempest Keep, then Mag's to clear a trial of the Naaru quest that I've had since BC (yeah that was just lols), 4 bosses from SSC for tier 5 belt/boots and sword/wand mogs, took her to ICC and farmed trash rep (should've got her exalted during Wrath ><) but bonespikes still a problem on first boss, can survive one, but goes downhill from there and still a bit squishy to not use tankbuddy. Then went to Trial of Crusader and downed the animal bosses (need a wand mog) while getting the 2 worms in 10s achieve (yay soulswap, lol) and the demon boss after that. Could probably do faction champs, got 2 down, but will need to look up kill order again and wasn't that motivated to kill anything other than first animal bosses anyway. Might have to try some FL trash for the lols. I had quit old content since the expac came out until now. But this week, was LFR/Sha complete and valor capped on both and was about to get dry heaves from the thought of more dailies. :lol:
Stubblerump

Postby Nooska » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

We had a raid! and we got down 2/6 without a lot of trouble - considering 2 new tanks and 3 dpser sthat hadn't actually been in the fights before, thats a pretty good night - especially since there wer worries that the raidgroup would dissolve less than a week ago! :D
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Two new bosses in one night, and Garalon was down to 39%.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby econ21 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 am

Discovered the GTFO add-on.

I run LFR as dps but have an embarassingly low life expectancy. It's like I can't see a pretty fire on the ground without wanting to plant myself on it. GTFO is a perfect antidote.

MOP seems very keen on fires on the ground, encouraging movement rather than tank and spank fights, so GTFO is also good for 5-man zergs and even fighting those rares out in the world.

I had assumed such an add-on would be redundant with a boss mod like DBM, but it isn't. And I find sound cues - such as it provides - are by far the most effective in-game way of conveying information fast (as in DBMs "Run away little girl!").
econ21

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 am

econ21 wrote:Discovered the GTFO add-on.

I run LFR as dps but have an embarassingly low life expectancy. It's like I can't see a pretty fire on the ground without wanting to plant myself on it. GTFO is a perfect antidote.

MOP seems very keen on fires on the ground, encouraging movement rather than tank and spank fights, so GTFO is also good for 5-man zergs and even fighting those rares out in the world.

I had assumed such an add-on would be redundant with a boss mod like DBM, but it isn't. And I find sound cues - such as it provides - are by far the most effective in-game way of conveying information fast (as in DBMs "Run away little girl!").

I love that addon. only problem might be: I've come to rely on it. :P
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Forgrim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:19 am

4p ret set bonus. now to take advantage of 85 second reduction til 5.1 hits and i get sad.
Forgrim

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am

Fun little evening - reached Exalted with Anglers, and Shado-pan will be over tonight, leaving me with the Celestials (yay) and GL (meh). We tried HoF part 2 on LFR, and the Amber-Shaper seems to be quite the bitch, as we kept getting 1/3 queues. Thanks to wowhead's /rw, we eventually 2-shotted everything.

And then, cherry on cake - the Sha is generous enough to drop the tier pants!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 am

After rebuilding our raid group for the 3rd time already this expansion I wasn't holding out much hope when it was decided to do some heroic stone guard for the first with 4 new people.

Quite pleased when we downed it, first time (after the 30odd other times we died) :D
Lastwolf

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 am

Two pieces of PvP gear from Sha to go with the one piece last week, seem to be well itemised as well. Bit frustrated that Sha drops gear that is higher ilvl than LFR.

3rd clear of BWL and 2nd clear of MC (on Warrior) -

Zero Wrath.
1 Binding.
1 Eye of Sulfurus.

Not sure if I will get round to crafted the legendary nice the option is there if I want it.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 am

well Sha is replacement for BH/VoA so it should drop normal tier
you still need to get a bunch of ppl, beat the other fac....oh wiat that is galleon...
Sha you just have to get friends and lolfaceroll

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 am

2 chest upgrades in LFR \0/
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 am

JoeBravo wrote:2 chest upgrades in LFR \0/

AS if you weren't geared already... The others musta been pissed :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General