Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 am

/groan
and i thought some of my jokes were bad...this thread is full of them!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

Yeah, i was feeling negative due to some bad raiding last night, but the outlook is improving..i might even have a positive day after all, if the end users dont give me too much resistance... I mean,my schools are magnets to endless workorders at times
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 am

Klaudandus wrote:Yeah, i was feeling negative due to some bad raiding last night, but the outlook is improving..i might even have a positive day after all, if the end users dont give me too much resistance... I mean,my schools are magnets to endless workorders at times

Klaudandus wrote:Yeah, i was feeling negative due to some bad raiding last night, but the outlook is improving..i might even have a positive day after all, if the end users dont give me too much resistance... I mean,my schools are magnets to endless workorders at times

In stereo even!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 am

Players: WTF BLIZZ Y U NERF MY 10 BILLION GOLD TRINK I QUIT SCREW YOU
Ghostcrawler: Uh.. we didn't change anything about the trinkets other than a flag that will allow them to be upgradable in 5.1. Must be a datamining error?
Players: YEAH WHATEVER YOU BACKED OFF AFTER WE ALL COMPLAINED YEAH WHAT NOW SUCK IT I HATE DAILIES FIX IT THIS GAME SUCKS

Every.Single.Time.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 am

Teranoid wrote:Players: WTF BLIZZ Y U NERF MY 10 BILLION GOLD TRINK I QUIT SCREW YOU
Ghostcrawler: Uh.. we didn't change anything about the trinkets other than a flag that will allow them to be upgradable in 5.1. Must be a datamining error?
Players: YEAH WHATEVER YOU BACKED OFF AFTER WE ALL COMPLAINED YEAH WHAT NOW SUCK IT I HATE DAILIES FIX IT THIS GAME SUCKS

Every.Single.Time.

Werent you complaining about dailies as well?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am

I never said I'd quit playing the game over it. I'm also not crying over a datamined change for a patch that hasn't even released yet.

It's more of an amusement over how the players go on their witch hunt without stopping to try and rationalize the situation and then basically thinking their batshit insane uprisings suddenly turns the tables when in reality they're a bunch of idiots.
Teranoid

Postby Amirya » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am

I thought it was about the required dailies to gain rep to buy gear and/or unlock more rep to grind to buy gear and/or unlock more rep...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am

Amirya wrote:I thought it was about the required dailies to gain rep to buy gear and/or unlock more rep to grind to buy gear and/or unlock more rep...

And that is the reason why i think "dailies" are broken*

*is not that they are broken, is that they are the only source of rep, which you need to in order to unlock vp purchases

Someone can cap vp for a week easily by doing lfr, raiding and heroic farming, as early as thursday but will be prevented from using tat vp because they are being cockblocked by vp gear requiring reputation with several factions (specially shado and ac) -- the fact that blizz is unwilling to concede this point is what tells me that there is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on.

Several major podcasts have chimed on this issue and with rather negative views on it.

Also, teranoid, i didnt say you were gonna quit the game while flipping tables on yourway out, but the claims on the forums are not baseless
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:Also, teranoid, i didnt say you were gonna quit the game while flipping tables on yourway out, but the claims on the forums are not baseless

I never said they're baseless. I'm laughing at the people who conduct themselves like children and jump to conclusions every time and then when it turns out to be a mistake it's "LOL YAH MISTAKE MORE LIKE YOU SCARED OF LOSING MONEY WHATEVER CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" and then they go stomping off to make idiots out of themselves on another issue.
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Amirya wrote:I thought it was about the required dailies to gain rep to buy gear and/or unlock more rep to grind to buy gear and/or unlock more rep...

And that is the reason why i think "dailies" are broken*

*is not that they are broken, is that they are the only source of rep, which you need to in order to unlock vp purchases

Someone can cap vp for a week easily by doing lfr, raiding and heroic farming, as early as thursday but will be prevented from using tat vp because they are being cockblocked by vp gear requiring reputation with several factions (specially shado and ac) -- the fact that blizz is unwilling to concede this point is what tells me that there is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on.

This is probably the single major issue I had with the way they were setting up the level 90 content end game content.

I was under the impression (possibly mistaken) that they didn't want to force players to do one type of content to do another type of content. For me, Dungeons, and Dailies would fall under the "different kinds of content". That could just be my perspective about it, but it was one of the "items" that kept me feeling uninterested as they were beta-ing the new expac. It harkened me back to the TBC rep grinds, and how much I absolutely loathed them.

EDIT:

I just went and read the blue posts to get a better understanding of the problem.

To answer your first two questions, the difference is there is a reward structure in place for dungeons, and a reward structure in place for reputations. You want full access to rep rewards and dungeon rewards without putting effort toward both. Purely from a player standpoint, in terms of getting what you want with as little hassle as possible, it's understandable you might not see anything wrong with that.

In response to the bolded part, they are missing the point that the reputation is standing in the way of them getting the rewards from running the dungeons. Those points that they are getting from running the dungeons aren't usable until they have unlocked the reputation.

So they are running the content, and then not able to spend the currency they were rewarded for running the content, because it requires you to do something else with your time to make sure that you are able to spend the rewards.

But here's a design problem in the Cataclysm model you want back:

Doing dailies over time unlocks access to rep rewards
Doing dungeons gives you a shot at loot drops, in addition to points you can use to buy gear (in case RNG hits you hard)
Wearing a tabard while doing dungeons gives you a shot at loot drops, in addition to points you can use to buy gear, in addition to access to rep rewards

You may not like daily quests. But that alone isn't justification for making daily quests irrelevant for those running group content. By running dungeons with tabards, you effectively got to double-dip in Cataclysm by gaining access to rep rewards, VP rewards, and dungeon drops. It was super convenient, and also left players with a system that didn't really reward you for doing more than the bare minimum of raiding and running seven dungeons each week.

This argument would hold true if the reputation rewards didn't require justice points and valor points to purchase.

I know that they had talked about offering JP / VP for doing non dungeon things. I see looking at wowhead, that you can earn 5 valor points per day for doing daily quests. I could see putting some specific items on reputation vendors that you can unlock, but not everything, because then you are hurting the community of people who want to run dungeons, and then spend the currency that they are.

I'm taking my information here from wowhead, so pardon me if some of it is incorrect.

I see that you get Justice Points from:

Random non heroic dungeon (60 per)
Heroic dungeon boss (35 per)
Scenarios (after first two 84 per)

None of these activities require reputation to perform. As such, there should be a vendor that doesn't require rep to spend the currency. Having these items on Rep Vendors is really confusing based on the Blue Post I'm quoting. They don't want you to double dip for your time in a dungeon, but they are forcing you to double dip with dailies and rep, by tying the dungeon currency into it.

I see that you get Valor Points from

Daily Quests: 5 per
LFR: 90/45
Mists Bosses: 25 per
Challenge Mode: 80+
Scenarios: 40/20
Heroics: 80 per day.
Cloud Serpent races.

So, you get VP from doing dailies, and Cloud Serpent races. I'm not up on the races, but I would assume that those take rep. This means that it is fair that they have SOME but not all rewards on rep vendors. There are still plenty of things that you can do in the game that you don't have to do dailies or deal with rep to accumulate Valor POints.

Again, They don't want you to double dip for your time in a dungeon, but they are forcing you to double dip with dailies and rep, by tying the dungeon currency into it. There should be Valor Point Vendors that don't require rep.

To stonewall and say that this model is "good" and that it doesn't "Force" people to do dailies, is a joke.

EDIT #2

I went to MMO-C and Wowhead to do this research for this post, and I saw some dude that looked like Deathwing. It wasn't until I went back to close the browser windows did I realize that he was NOT from WOW.... That is truly an amusement.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Which is it, the big boss dragon with the chin from Guild Wars 2?

Anyhow, regarding Valor, it's my opinion now, based on the way Blizzard talk about the Valor gear and the "requirement" to do dailies, that Blizz just made Valor gear too powerful for the purpose they intended. They should have made it all 476, not on-par with early Normal mode raiding. That would make LFR a truly viable alternative and Valor gear a gap-filler for raiders much like the Honor gear is for people at Heroic dungeon level.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Which is it, the big boss dragon with the chin from Guild Wars 2?

No some Rift guy. He looks like a Drakonid version of Deathwing. Same Jaw, Same Eyes, Same type of "adamantium plating" look to his legs.

Anyhow, regarding Valor, it's my opinion now, based on the way Blizzard talk about the Valor gear and the "requirement" to do dailies, that Blizz just made Valor gear too powerful for the purpose they intended. They should have made it all 476, not on-par with early Normal mode raiding. That would make LFR a truly viable alternative and Valor gear a gap-filler for raiders much like the Honor gear is for people at Heroic dungeon level.

Looking at the valor gear found on the vendors, I was under the assumption (apparently wrongly so) that the gear was supposed to be the same as the Valor gear you had on Vendors in Cata. Alternatives to normal raiding drops when you didn't get the piece that drops, or in some instances, BEING the ilvl blah blah blah item for that gear slot (cloaks in DS type thing).

Looking around at the armory at people in <Lurkers>, the gearing for the expac so far seems..... more convoluted than the 10/25 man splits in WOTLK. I have seen people with

440 epics for less than level 90
470 epics (holiday stuff?)
476 epics that have boss names from Heroics (a ring from someone in the scarlet halls?), crafted epics, Raid Finder
489 epics from quests, from raid bosses, and from VP/Rep.
496 epics I'm told are from Heroic Raids

And then the last two Raids have a higher ilvl than MV?

It just seems like a lot of "stuff" that doesn't seem to jive with the idea of a cohesive design model. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's... meh.
Shoju

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

496's are from HoF, Terrace, Garalon, and Sha.
Heroic MSV is 502, while I think 509 is heroic HoF and Terrace.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Lastwolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 am

Also 483 for pvp epics and LFR HoF and Terrace.
Lastwolf

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 am

tweet I saw yesterday:
Greg Street‏ @Ghostcrawler:
We want players out in the world. We don't think WoW will have enough legs as an instance only game. Convenient != best design.

also, on valor points:
Greg Street‏@Ghostcrawler:
Soon you can spend them to upgrade the ilevel of epic items. There are also 1-2 pieces that require very little rep.

It's not the 'stand in stormwind/orgrimmar and do some raids/dungeonsand be done' game anymore.
Ignoring parts of the game (being out in the world mostly) has drawbacks now. You don't have to like it (I don't either for that matter), but it does make some sense.
Not having the valor rewards on reputation or gaining rep with tabards will make doing dailys moot for a huge chunk of the playerbase, leaving the world void of players again.

Besides, I'm glad that I won't be as bored as I was in cata soon, which made me level 8 alts. most of which I got bored with soon after hitting 85.
Now I have 3 lvl 90's and not enough time to get the most out of all of them immediately.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

PreviousNext

Return to General