Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 am

Mage got up to 89 now, and after a day of dungeon rushing, got my paladin up from 34 to 44. Ran dungeons together with my gf's new priest, and I think we ran into the same "random" people like 4 times. (Who loved the speed with wich I was tanking, but hated the dps I was doing since I was leaving them far behind ^^ )
Andurin

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

only took me one sunday to rebuild my UI from scratch \0/
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Hespherus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 am

6/6 HoF last night. 1 shot windlord/ambershaper(which was still progression, we just switched from 2 healing to 3). Then proceeded to kill Empress in 6 tries.

Went back to MV and 2 shot Garajal HC, which puts us to 3/6 HC. Fingers crossed for Elegon HC tonight. All in all a pretty good week.
Hespherus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 am

culhag wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Glorious!

Time to uninstall npcscan!

Gratz! but do you have all the toys they drop ?

Eh I got most of what I wanted from them. Some of them are absolutely dumb to me and a waste of bag space so I'm not bothering to farm them repeatedly.
Teranoid

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Found a solution to the tank problem - got one of our monk dps to fill in as tank untill we get the 3rd one (if we get a third one ofc). now its just figuring out how to fix the healers (I mean we have 6 for a 10 man - even discounting one that is there with low possible attendance, it should be enuogh for a 2/3 raids available).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 am

Killed Will of the Emperor and 1st boss in heart of fear for 1st time on the weekend. Got bladelord to 5%.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 am

culhag wrote:

There's not an achievement for the toys...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:49 am

Skye1013 wrote:
culhag wrote:

Also this. The only one I would have really thought about farming would be the Bottled Tornado or whatever just so I could completely cheat the AC Torch daily with my glider but I'm already exalted so it's whatever.

I did keep the cool stuff like the mirror because I'm a sucker for transformation items. Wish I got Krastinov's Bag of Horrors on my main and not my DK but it's pretty funny when some idiot goes "LOL LOOK AT THIS NUB DW BLOOD TANKING" and the entire group buries them in insults.
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 am

Got 4/6 MSV this weekend, and the group I was with decided to do some attempts on Zor'lock because the RL thought it would be easier than Elegon. We were only able to make it into the 4th phase once (most of the raid was down at that point) before calling it quits... but we'd done garajal and spirit kings earlier that night, so it wasn't all bad. All in all, walked away with some pre-nerfed/pre-outgearing (for me anyway - others may have) raid experience and 3 upgrades (yay bonus rolls).

accompanying frustration: not being able to perform as well as was apparently expected right out of the gate. As a PUG, I didn't really know any of the people but it seemed like a few expected me to be able to one-shot all the mechanics after only seeing the MSV fights once in LFR. The RL seemed downright offended when I asked people to not smack Zor'Lock before I got onto the platform if they wanted to survive, because I couldn't actually do anything (aside from maybe 2/3 ranged hits on pull) until I got up there.
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 am

You should ask him if he'd be more offended that you'd have to wipe 12 times from running out of battle rezs for idiots who can't understand "he hits whoever is standing next to him the second he lands"
Teranoid

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 am

benebarba wrote:Got 4/6 MSV this weekend, and the group I was with decided to do some attempts on Zor'lock because the RL thought it would be easier than Elegon.

Zor'lock probably is easier than elegon. Things to succeed on this fight:
1. As you mentioned, don't get on the platform before the tank (this includes pets)
2. On attenuation melee need to be at the edge of the hit box, and to dodge the rings we found it best to run in the direction of the spiral, and then cut back in if you start getting close-ish to a wall.
3. Have a predetermined healer CD rotation for force and verve platform, and decide who goes into which bubble (since each only shields 4 people).
4. MC is pretty tame, however, in final phase they need to be broken out immediately or they might die to the other 2 abilities.
5. phase 4, people need to be using defensive CDs on force and verve and fall back to the predetermined healer CD rotation.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:39 am

Also, go play some touhou or another bullet hell game and switch camera to a top view angle

=p
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am

We killed that guy instead of Elegon on Sunday too. Main issues were - people getting hit by Exhale just as an MC ended; healer who kept dying to Attenuation; MC and Force and Verve happening together on last phase (usually because of earlier issues making dealing with them harder). Oh, and me getting MCed and totally exploding one of our dps with melee+windfury+flametongue+static shock. But we downed it, and on the attempt where I accidentally fat fingered Heroism on the first platform.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

benebarba wrote:Got 4/6 MSV this weekend, and the group I was with decided to do some attempts on Zor'lock because the RL thought it would be easier than Elegon.

Grats on the gear and experience!

I know my RL will be hitting Elegon again tonight assuming we can clear the first 4 without much stupidity, we were close the last time, but dots and such making the towers go down at different times is a pain. Hopefully a few more upgrades will push the dps just a bit where we aren't getting adds right at the transition and needing to wait to kill those, and then loosing to the enrage.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 am

Skye1013 wrote:
culhag wrote:

And the drop rate for some of the toys (or all of them?) is just stupid. Spent a good part of the weekend camping Scritch and Sulikboy, and over 20+ kills now, still have seen neither of the drops. If I hadn't been watching football on the other screen, I would have just farmed other stuff, would have been much more productive.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General