Remove Advertisements

[10N] Blade Lord Tayak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: Blade Lord Tayak [10m] normal

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

It depends on your DPS, but I would advise not using heroism in phase 2. Our group was consistently hitting enrage after the first switch in phase 2 (at 10%) and the boss would enrage immediately after. The phase just takes so long that you run out of time. Heroism at the start of the fight buys you the extra time you need.

Have the raid start running along the breeze at 12-13% so that the boss will arrive just as they reach the other side. We left our warrior tank behind, since he proved that he can keep himself alive until enrage on a previous wipe. That plus dots will tick him down and you'll be in position and stable when the boss switches spots.
Belloc

Re: [10N] Blade Lord Tayak

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 am

Nifty trick our group found on this fight. As a resto druid I symbd the ele sham and got spiritwalker's grace. In phase 2 when the group is taking massive damage while running to the boss and dodging tornadoes use the spiritwalker's grace in conjunction with tranquility.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby frontallobe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 am

Nifty trick our group found on this fight. As a resto druid I symbd the ele sham and got spiritwalker's grace.

We figured this out week two as well. God I love symbiosis. So amazing!
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Nova » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:41 am

Does anyone have any additionals tips regarding the Unseen Strike? We're pre-stacking before it comes out (no issues with that), but the boss sometimes ends up killing one or two randomly, even though we're all knocked back and hit. Seems a bit buggy.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Nova

Postby Astronomic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

I've seen that a few times. I've looked at the death log and seen my rejuv ticking for zero on someone (meaning they're at full hp) then they took a ~270k hit from unseen stike that killed them. I know they have around 380-410k hp so that doesn't add up.

Guess all I can really advise is to stack up exactly on whoever has the arrow, not even like 2 yards away.
Astronomic

Postby Gab » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Nova wrote:Does anyone have any additionals tips regarding the Unseen Strike? We're pre-stacking before it comes out (no issues with that), but the boss sometimes ends up killing one or two randomly, even though we're all knocked back and hit. Seems a bit buggy.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

It's quite possible that the people who are dying also have the bleed from Wind Step. It's impossible to know without logs though.

It's usually best for people who have the bleed to just stay out of the unseen strike to insure they don't get gibbed by the combination of a bleed tick and the Unseen Strike at or near the same time.

Edit: Unless, as previously mentioned, you removed the bleeds with a BoP or the person who has the bleeds is using personal cds.
Gab

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Healers just need to be aware of who has the bleed(s) and make sure they get something right after the strike. If your raid is really good at stacking and all getting hit you can leave out the debuffed people, but that seems overcomplicated.

Pretty much the entire fight is the stupid tornado dance at the end. Plan ahead your cooldowns and movement there wisely.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:12 am

Yes, the bleed is an issue, but I'm talking about insta-deaths of random people even though we're all properly stacked.
Sometimes players would get knocked back (meaning they took the hit), but loose no damage at all, and that damage gets divided among the others, thus making it so that one or two people don't get hurt, get knocked back, and the rest take the combined hit of 8 people instead of 10.

Weird.
Nova

Postby Tebin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Still wiping on this, it's amazing. Of our 3 healers, only 1 consistantly makes it to his platform on p2.

Do other guilds' healers heal on the move? We've started healing everyone up at the start of p2, we pop three raidwalls (2x devo aura and a shout), and our warlock manages to leap out of the transition and have a gate setup that means people only need to cover about 1/2 the distance. Despite all this, our priest and druid healers only make it about 30% of the time, complaining that they need to heal people to keep them alive.
Tebin

Postby Finkum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 am

Tebin wrote:Still wiping on this, it's amazing. Of our 3 healers, only 1 consistantly makes it to his platform on p2.

Like you, we wiped regularly on the initial P2 slog up the tornado gauntlet until our restoration druid popped Symbiosis on our shaman, and then used Spiritwalker's Grace + Tranquility - once we started doing this everyone made it up the end comfortably. Obviously not very helpful if you don't have a shaman in your raid, though!

E: Whoops I see this is mentioned already up-thread, nevermind!
Finkum

Postby Tebin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 am

Finkum wrote:
Tebin wrote:Still wiping on this, it's amazing. Of our 3 healers, only 1 consistantly makes it to his platform on p2.

Like you, we wiped regularly on the initial P2 slog up the tornado gauntlet until our restoration druid popped Symbiosis on our shaman, and then used Spiritwalker's Grace + Tranquility - once we started doing this everyone made it up the end comfortably. Obviously not very helpful if you don't have a shaman in your raid, though!

E: Whoops I see this is mentioned already up-thread, nevermind!

We tried this, he still gets hit...honestly i've no idea what to do with them. I'm considering having our DK go OS tank and i'll heal it in some gimpy holy set.
Tebin

Postby Lastwolf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 am

One of our DPS kept messing up the torando, just told him to stay down the hall until the boss got there, it made the beating the enrage timer pretty touch and go but was less aggravating, can't do that with healers though, they just need to be less terribad.

I find it easier to treat it like a salom, otherwise I don't get enough forward movement,I've got caught out like once out of 10 or so goes.
Lastwolf

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 am

Do other guilds' healers heal on the move? We've started healing everyone up at the start of p2, we pop three raidwalls (2x devo aura and a shout), and our warlock manages to leap out of the transition and have a gate setup that means people only need to cover about 1/2 the distance. Despite all this, our priest and druid healers only make it about 30% of the time, complaining that they need to heal people to keep them alive.

Given how much healing the druid can do with instants, priests having double prayer of mending, double cascades, shields, renews, presuambly at least one circle of healing, and everyone having healthstones, "needing to heal people to keep them alive" should have no impact whatsoever on their ability to move through the gauntlet, so that's just a cop-out really on their part. They just need to fix their keybinds or whatever so that hitting their instant casts doesn't stop them moving properly.
Rhiannon

Postby Astronomic » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 am

Rhiannon wrote: "needing to heal people to keep them alive" should have no impact whatsoever on their ability to move through the gauntlet, so that's just a cop-out really on their part. They just need to fix their keybinds or whatever so that hitting their instant casts doesn't stop them moving properly.

The problem is having to look at health bars and tornadoes simultaneously. Sometimes I even have to resort to using rejuvs in the general vicinity of my raid frames, because I cant always afford to look at the bars during that phase.

A good tip we picked up to get our kill is before he does his 2nd transition at 10%, at around 11.5% we all jump in the air streams on the sides to get down to the other end super fast, while DoTs and our blood DK finish off the last 1.5%.
Astronomic

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 am

I would recommend that you just burn every sprint and defensive cooldown you have in your raid and not worry about healing until you get to the other side. If you pause for a few seconds before you take off running the first time, your healers can pre-HoT the entire raid and top everyone off, so you'll be in good shape if no one gets picked up by a tornado. You only need to do the run one time, so use everything on the first run to the platform (see earlier in this thread for the strat to leave the boss early so you sprint to the other side for the 10%-0 burn).
baleogthefierce

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)