[10N] Elegon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Elegon

Postby Ailiya » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am

My guild is having a tough time with this as well. Seems we cannot leave phase 1 without getting 3 adds. And in phase 2 orbs are barely making it. I assist on two to the left of console so I have no insight on what's going on on the right dps wise.

Phase 3 seems to spawn a crap ton of adds on the right side (opposite me). Has there been clarification on what determines the amount of adds? Kinda getting frustrated so I am open to suggestions as well.

Posting the recent wol report to find out if there its something glaringly obvious up to and including myself that is being done wrong. Any advice is much appreciated as always.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d7b587ilmvum7ycg/

*edit for bad spelling... Stupid cell phone auto correct...
Ailiya
Maintankadonor

Postby Tebin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Utterly fucking frustrating. We're getting the fight down, but have had a few wipes to dumb shit like adds not spawning, or pillars not spawning (known bugs apparently). Also fairly fucked off that they put the hardest two bosses in the dungeon really far in, with no place to repair meaning a massive run every few wipes.

Ailiya wrote:My guild is having a tough time with this as well. Seems we cannot leave phase 1 without getting 3 adds. And in phase 2 orbs are barely making it. I assist on two to the left of console so I have no insight on what's going on on the right dps wise.

Phase 3 seems to spawn a crap ton of adds on the right side (opposite me). Has there been clarification on what determines the amount of adds? Kinda getting frustrated so I am open to suggestions as well.

Boss spawns adds every X seconds, with X reducing for every pillar that's killed. The best way to avoid this being a problem. If you are having problems with this you need to distribute your DPS to kill the adds at the same time.
Tebin

Postby Pruke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 am

For the adds that spawn quicker as you kill a pillar. We have DPS split up and take all 6 down to 15%. Then we kill all 6 within 10 second window. Still seem to have adds pile up on one side or the other. Maybe we are doing it wrong, but it gets brutal trying to gather up 6-8 adds on one side. I would like to know if we can do this differently. We are close to killing him now but this part of the fight seems unstable. Best was 4.7% last night.
Pruke

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Finally made it,on the forth try where we managed to hit the <35% phase :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 am

We wont be able to seriously try Elegon until the 7th, maybe all the way till the week before thanksgiving...
-- Our RL and best dps is out due to family issues
-- Our best healer is on a month long vacation with her family
-- We have problems at times filling the 10th spot as it is

We tried anyways last night and we got to the pylons and kill 'em but we got murdered when P1 restarted -- because we had issues killing the orbs during his draw power subphase...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 am

15, 10 and 1,5% wipes yesterday. still constantly tweaking the strategy to see where we can improve.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 am

If you can get comfortably to last phase with 8+ waves, it's just a matter of improving the DPS. Healers can only keep up the raid for so long before the tanks just get oneshotted by the breath.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 am

We're hitting ragetime in fact. And we typically have 8-10 stacks on Elegon going into the final phase.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 am

I say your healers are awesome and your DPS bad :p

Are you doing it with 3 healers? We have been doing it with 2, gets a bit itchy in last phase, but the extra DPS really makes a difference in the final burst.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:02 am

I'll let Joe answer to that - he's been in there, I'm mostly crunching numbers.

WHich leads me to something I read here some time ago - is there a breakup point where we have too many stacks? Especially during the second draw power phase.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 am

logs of our fail: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8eb25cf8ncqijjjq/
try 15 was our 1,5% wipe I think.
2 healers.

had various setups last weeks: healers 1 paladin with either druid, paladin, shaman
tanks: warrior and monk/druid
dps: mages (x3), shaman, warrior, dk, monk (x2), shadowpriest, warlock, druid
constantly changing setup didn't help, but still feel it shouldn't take us this long.
So yea, we suck apparently.

problems atm:
-getting protector at phasechange, thus losing dps on boss. wasn't constant, but sucks when it happens.
-reliably killing enough sparks waves: we had 4 differnt ppl who had trouble at some point or another killing their assigned spark. so getting 2 solid sparkphases to burn the boss hardly ever happened.
-small adds either raping tank or dps/healer, especially when the platform comes back up and boss/protector need to be taken care of.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:03 am

It's bad to get protector at phase change. If you really have to get a 3rd, stop dps at 87%ish and 52%ish, kill protector then nuke the boss.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Pruke » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am

I agree with Worldie, we stop DPS on the boss if a protector is close. For the adds we kill the towers and collapse on the thing you use to spawn the boss. Where I (warrior tank) drop a mocking banner and use shockwave to stun most of the adds. I then heroic leap towards the boss to give me space and not get 1 shot. Druid tank picks up the boss, warlock and dps warrior are spec'd to stun and use them once mine wear off.

Also we do 5 sparks 1st wave, 4 the 2nd wave and this makes the kill much smoother. We also do not reset stacks after 2nd collapse. Just rotate druid tree tranq, dps warrior and I use rallying cry, resto shammy uses spirit link. Boss dies 45 seconds before enrage.
Pruke

Postby frontallobe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 pm

My guild has 4 ten man raid teams. Two of them are now on Elegon. I made a video for them of all the little tidbits we did to get the kill. It's not a guide but more of when this happens do this with this class type of stuff. They all liked it so I made a more official one and uploaded it. I hope some of this helps you guys still at this cock block of a regular boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCwlcDh1I9E
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks... I'll check it out tomorrow -- this boss is the one giving us problems right now in MSV -- we're starting to get to the burn phase, but we're still having issues, specially because the sparks seem not want to stick to me after the pillars fall down...

That's been our biggest issue, neither me nor the other tank seem to be hated by the sparks, they prefer to wail on the healers instead....
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)