Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:33 pm

oh dont worry it will all become better in '14 when obamacare comes in!
:roll:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

bldavis wrote:oh dont worry it will all become better in '14 when obamacare comes in!
:roll:

Well, my insurance premium went up, and so did my deductible -- fuck you AETNA. I still keep it because you never know when something might happen -- but for the most part, I go across the border for usual medical treatment.

Just how doctors treat you is night and day.

When I first had my kidney stone emergency, I did not meet my doctor until he discharged me. He just shook my hand, told me I had passed a kidney stone (well, no shit... I think the whole feeling like you peed thorns gave it away) and that I should drink more water and a diuretic tea would help too, at least for the next couple of days... and then sent me on my merry way.

I've had better experiences with shady car mechanics...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

yeah
i had AETNA when i was working at the factory and my (now ex-)wife had a stroke
abulance ride from our apartment to the hospital - covered
airplane ride from our home town to portland (200+ miles by road) - partially covered
2 days in ICU - partially covered
6 more days on med-surg - not covered

all in all, we ended up with a i think it was 60k bill
might have been more, this was 6 or so years ago and i dont remember exactly how much

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Ret feels like Arcane did in Wrath and Cata during heroic 5mans lul. I suppose having exceptional burst to balance your ever so ho hum sustained dps is gunna do that to you when the fights have a 70-80% uptime on cooldowns.

Levantine

Postby Era » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:45 am

Not sure whether this should be a frustration (you'll see why), an amusement (when looked back upon) or a success (no one was hurt!), but here goes!

So, around 07:00 I get brutally wrested from my sleep by the insanely loud fire alarm (I'm not even joking, it physically hurts my ears). As is tradition in student dorms, nobody cares. The fire alarm goes off on a bi-weekly basis just because some retard has been smoking inside or left their pizza in the oven for half a day. Around 07:03 I heard the door out in the hallway get busted open and people shouting that everyone needs to get the hell out, RIGHT NOW! Funny how long it takes to dress when you're going to school/work, and how you can do it in 3 seconds flat once adrenaline kicks in. Didn't have time to put my lenses in though, so was semi-blind!

With nothing but my mobile (which was in my jacket) and my key (because my instinct told me to lock the door) I rush out with the rest, sharing the stairs with a row of burly firemen going the opposite direction (with axes!). Outside there's police who quickly get us away from the building, firemen with their huge trucks and ladders, and ambulances lined up in a row. The ambulance personnel seemed quite calm though, so I don't think anyone was hurt. According to the police the fire was on the fourth floor (that's the floor below me!), but the firemen got it contained and under control with impressive speed.

Was quite a hectic morning! And I'll admit I was very worried about all my stuff, not to mention that it'd be a long night without my wallet or usable eyesight.
Anyway, after maybe half an hour total we got let back in (except those who lived on the fourth floor) and everything seems fine!

Don't think anyone will be ignoring the fire alarm again any time soon!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Nooska » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Having had to evac a few times myself (before being completely "grown up", I've started to keep a set of clothe s(previous days) ready next to the bed, glasses in a container on the nightstand, and wallet in my jacket for ease of grabbing on the way out (now also with an external harddrive for pictuers and a box for the chinese hamster, comlete with some food in it).

It really is comforting to know you can get out qand be reasonably useful to yourself within about 30 seconds.

But yeah, firealarms are more annoynace than useful these days, I ave yet to see anyone actually going to the exits upon a fire alarm going off - its always the expectation that its a false alarm.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Modern day story of the boy who cried wolf.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Time for some arizona crazyness
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valley ... ilbert.php

*Snip* there are no indications she was impaired by alcohol or drugs at the time *Snip*

Not Alcohol nor drugs... just plane old STIR-FRY-BAT-SHITE-CRAZY with a healthy dollop of STUPIDITY. :D
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 am

I'm having a conversation with an "above-average" co-worker (read: not dumb) that's been having headset issues on his telephone. We quickly narrowed it down to the jack port on the phone - the port is in a indentation that's too small for the headset's jack. To which he states:

"Probably because the headset is hard to plug in - the sound waves don't go inside the headset."

*panic stare from me*

"What, it's sound wave that comes out there, right? Not electricity!"
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby culhag » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 am

Sagara wrote:I'm having a conversation with an "above-average" co-worker (read: not dumb) that's been having headset issues on his telephone. We quickly narrowed it down to the jack port on the phone - the port is in a indentation that's too small for the headset's jack. To which he states:

"Probably because the headset is hard to plug in - the sound waves don't go inside the headset."

*panic stare from me*

Technology works in mysterious ways.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am

culhag wrote:
Sagara wrote:I'm having a conversation with an "above-average" co-worker (read: not dumb) that's been having headset issues on his telephone. We quickly narrowed it down to the jack port on the phone - the port is in a indentation that's too small for the headset's jack. To which he states:

*panic stare from me*

Technology works in mysterious ways.

---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 am

The worst part is that he's decently smart, just badly informed.

Still, that was quite the shock.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 am

Sagara wrote:"What, it's sound wave that comes out there, right? Not electricity!"

Sagara wrote:Still, that was quite the shock.

I c wut u did ther
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 am

Sagara wrote:The worst part is that he's decently smart, just badly informed.

Still, that was quite the shock.

I hope you didn't charge him for your time.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General