Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:Image

Seriously...

I kinda like it actually, but higly doubt it'll make the final productionmodel.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Passionario » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 am

Followers of Chalana Arroy can't become tribal kings/queens in KODP, even with all-Heroic stats. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Gab » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 am

Tebin wrote:Feeling like prot pala is pretty weak right now. I can work my ass off trying to time SotR, use CDs meaningfully etc, but a DK can still out DPS, out heal, and take less damage than me. I can't speak for feral tanks, but we definately feel weaker than warriors and DKs atm.

LTTP but Paladin tanks certainly are not "pretty weak" from my experiences. Try two dog tanking on Heroic Stone Guards and see how much less damage you tank than the one dog OT. Not to mention out healing the healers. The SotR buff is amazingly strong on a number of encounters when used properly.

There are fights where we absolutely shine, and the ones where we don't there isn't a very large disparity. At least in my experiences compared to my Druid co-tank and our off spec Warrior tank.

Edit: ShoR not SotR...
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 am

Fucking deer!

I want to go and get a permit and kill the max quota right now!

Almost had an accident about 30 mins ago thanks to one, i missed it by a couple of feet! The truck next to me did not and is now sporting half a deer hanging from its windshield as a hood ornament.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:Fucking deer!

I want to go and get a permit and kill the max quota right now!

Almost had an accident about 30 mins ago thanks to one, i missed it by a couple of feet! The truck next to me did not and is now sporting half a deer hanging from its windshield as a hood ornament.

Mmm... venison sausage.. lunchtime it is..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am

Klaudandus wrote:Fucking deer! I want to go and get a permit and kill the max quota right now!

Also, where's your maintankadin spirit? Don't let the offtank get away with all the glory!
EDIT: Though I guess if the other guy had a truck then he's kind of the maintank...

In all seriousness though, glad to hear you got away ok. I take it the other guy wasn't badly hurt either?
Had a few close calls with some fairly massive moose over the years here in Norway. Scary business.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm sorry -- I didn't feel like stealing aggro in my small Kia Soul; in comparison, the rancher that did end up hitting the deer was driving a huge diesel truck...

Compare
with
and this

I woulda been one shot

And the driver of the other vehicle just missed getting deer on his face by mere inches, he did get cuts from all the glass shards when his windshield exploded thanks to a couple of hundred lbs of deer

And fluttershy killed a bear in season 2, so don't give me that face!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Latest ElvUI update completely breaks profiles. Awesome.

Welp time to finally dump this shit and just build my own UI.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Teranoid wrote:Latest ElvUI update completely breaks profiles. Awesome.

Welp time to finally dump this shit and just build my own UI.

4.68?

Installed it in the morning, no problems.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Every profile I have is completely broken. I even redid my main's UI.. logged onto another toon and then logged back.. boom back to default again.

Fuck it. ElvUI has had some annoying things I've tolerated for a while but this gives me the oomph I needed to shitcan this UI for good and just do it myself.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Era wrote:In all seriousness though, glad to hear you got away ok. I take it the other guy wasn't badly hurt either?
Had a few close calls with some fairly massive moose over the years here in Norway. Scary business.

Having seen what a cow can do to a small car, I can only imagine a moose, whose mass sits up a foot or so higher. The old VW bug i saw after a cow looked like it had been hit with a steamroller.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

The website stalling on data updates, meaning I can't get the date imported frehsly and hopefully get rid of the wishlist bug. (come to think of it, its stalling earlier now, so maybe teh API calls have been maxed out for today?)

Sorry Sag, looks like you'll have to wait for the webmaster to fix the bug you are having.

PS. You are on for the raid tomorrow night, regardless of whether the website is available or not :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

halabar wrote:Having seen what a cow can do to a small car, I can only imagine a moose, whose mass sits up a foot or so higher. The old VW bug i saw after a cow looked like it had been hit with a steamroller.

Yeah, it can get pretty bad. I don't drive a lot since I live slap bang in the middle of Oslo, but when I go home to visit my parents' there's always some driving involved since they live in a small off-the-edge-of-the-map town (population of 2000). The last 30 minutes to get there is basically all mountains and forests (to be fair, that's 90% of Norway, but oh well).

Used to see a lot more wildlife than in the past few years though. Kinda makes me sad. "Kinda", because while it's nice to see moose and deer and reindeer and lynxes and fox and all those mostly harmless creatures, it's slightly different when there's bear or wolf sightings. Great animals, those too, just don't want them near any kind of comfort zone. :roll:

I'm sorry -- I didn't feel like stealing aggro in my small Kia Soul; in comparison, the rancher that did end up hitting the deer was driving a huge diesel truck...

Yeah, I believe you. ^^ You should totally reinforce the frame of your car with some dwarven steel and mount a Bulwark of Azzinoth up front! It'll eat trucks for breakfast.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 pm

This is what a small wild boar (only 80-100 kg) can do to the front of a car:

They get a lot, lot bigger around here. We're talking 300-400 kg and the forests here are full of the damn things. Hardly a week goes by without the local news reporting a wild board collision and a totally totalled car.

Frustration: 2.1 million hp wipe at the first boss in HoF :/ Oh, and on one of the attempts he only summoned one bubble to stand under.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Nooska wrote:The website stalling on data updates, meaning I can't get the date imported frehsly and hopefully get rid of the wishlist bug. (come to think of it, its stalling earlier now, so maybe teh API calls have been maxed out for today?)

Sorry Sag, looks like you'll have to wait for the webmaster to fix the bug you are having.

PS. You are on for the raid tomorrow night, regardless of whether the website is available or not :)

That's the wonder of pushing for high tech :-p

Also - Re: P.S. - Woohoo \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General