Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Postby Brekkie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Haha yeah, so true.

When Petraeus was visiting one time he sent word that he wanted a SIPR and a NIPR laptop in his hotel room. And when we were like "errr....yeah..... we can't do that..." he threw a fit.

Then when he arrived he threw a fit again because the laptop they had for him to use during the car ride didn't already have all his favorite websites bookmarked for him.

Also, his advance party sent word ahead that it was absolutely CRITICAL that there be a supply of Atomic Fireballs candy available for him at all times. So here we are in the middle of the desert trying to figure out how the hell we are going to somehow get some Atomic Fireballs within a couple days.

Freaking generals dude, I swear to god.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Levantine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Sounds like a fucking drama queen. If I didn't know it was about a CIA dude I'd think it was about Beyonce or some other celebrity diva. D:
Levantine

Postby Brekkie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 pm

That aint nothin.

Me and a couple other Marines were supposed to be having a meeting with the Secretary of Defense, and got told our meeting was delayed because he was still enjoying his nap.

It was that moment when I decided that one day I will be that powerful.

p.s. One thing I've realized about myself is that I base a decent amount of my opinion on various political figures directly on how they treat their staff. Hilary, for example, is cool as hell. Rumsfeld, I'm told, was a gigantic douchenugget to everyone who worked for him.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Torquemada » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Brekkie wrote:That aint nothin.

Me and a couple other Marines were supposed to be having a meeting with the Secretary of Defense, and got told our meeting was delayed because he was still enjoying his nap.

It was that moment when I decided that one day I will be that powerful.

p.s. One thing I've realized about myself is that I base a decent amount of my opinion on various political figures directly on how they treat their staff. Hilary, for example, is cool as hell. Rumsfeld, I'm told, was a gigantic douchenugget to everyone who worked for him.

Yeah, they all theink they're rock stars with giant riders on their contracts. Members of our division band used to have to go to the CG's house down at Yongsan in Seoul(God forbid he live up at Camp Red Cloud with the rest of us) and play country music for him and his wife every night while he drank beer before bed. It's not just the ones who get caught who let it go to their heads.

Absolutely agree with your statement about how folks treat people. General Thurman, my other old CG, is cool as hell and currently the USFK commander. General Hammond, the guy who succeeded him at 4th ID, was a douchenozzle of the highest order. There's a General who shares my last name but is no relation, and he's really down to earth. I worked for the White House for about 2 years during Dubya's presidency. Cheney and Rummy were straight up dicks, but Bush was really, really cool to work with/for. Call him stupid if you feel you must, or disagree with his politics and policies if you want, but he was very good to his staff.
Torquemada

Postby Passionario » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 am

Sagara wrote:Worst part? That he would say that sounds BELIEVABLE. I guess that's the line between satire and horror stories?

That's Poe's Law.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 am

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... me?ref=fpb

Also, some Tea Party schadenfreude
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/10/39 ... tives.html

And Southerner Governors think hating Obama is more important than helping the poor
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 03384.html
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/cathy-mcmorris-rodgers-gop-doesnt-need-to-become?ref=fpb

Also, some Tea Party schadenfreude
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/10/39 ... tives.html

And Southerner Governors think hating Obama is more important than helping the poor
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 03384.html

The Kansas one made me think of this, I saw on George Takei's Facebook recently.

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:

In light of your immediate failure to financially manage yourselves and also in recent years your tendency to elect incompetent Presidents of the USA and therefore not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up ‘revocation’ in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated sometime next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter ‘U’ will be reinstated in words such as ‘colour,’ ‘favour,’ ‘labour’ and ‘neighbour.’ Likewise, you will learn to spell ‘doughnut’ without skipping half the letters, and the suffix ‘-ize’ will be replaced by the suffix ‘-ise.’Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up ‘vocabulary’).

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ”like’ and ‘you know’ is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter ‘u' and the elimination of ‘-ize.’

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can’t sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.)

8.You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. New Zealand beer is also acceptable, as New Zealand is pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth – see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat’s Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

God Save the Queen.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Cuz this is relevant to Shoju
http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/11/12/ ... mandering/

You know what is absolutely hilarious? There was an initiative on the ballot to redistrict Ohio, It wasn't just defeated, it was beaten to a pulp, and shoved out the door 63.45% to 36.55%.

Most opponents of the bill feared that it would be the beginning of an action to do this very thing to the state. As it is, Obama did win the popular vote by a decenty margin, but he LOST in 70 of 88 counties.

In my county, Obama lost 42% to 56%.

People think I'm crazy when I tell them that Ohio is a terrible place. If you look at the map of Ohio, and look at where Obama won, and where he lost, it's crazy. I hate this state.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm

I believe you. Same goes with Texas... 'cept for Austin and the Rio Grande Valley, all of Texas is red (Houston is purple at times)

The GOP has restructured the districts in Texas several times already, forcing long-serving Dems face each other under the new maps.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 am

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/ ... tolen.html

I really need to learn to stop checking American Thinker -- it's bad for my sanity.

Also, wow -- now this is chutzpah
Callista Gingrich on Petraeus: Affairs Are 'Painful' for the Family
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/dav ... -are-painf
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/was_the_2012_election_stolen.html

I really need to learn to stop checking American Thinker -- it's bad for my sanity.

I want to punch you for putting that link on here. That was.... ugh. painful to read.

Also, wow -- now this is chutzpah
Callista Gingrich on Petraeus: Affairs Are 'Painful' for the Family
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/dav ... -are-painf

This is humor.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 am

Yeah, I wont be posting American Potato links here anymore...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 am

Shoju wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/was_the_2012_election_stolen.html

I want to punch you for putting that link on here. That was.... ugh. painful to read.

Funny thing is, this reminds me more and more of the official forum's and MMO-Champ's conspiracy theories threads.

"Look at this info, then at this one. Now think like me and ignore everything else! Blizzard is screwing us over! It's a CONSPIRACY by Zarhym and GC!!"
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 am

Well I saw Zarhym say he was the mastermind straight oy granted, it was in cartoon form on the daily blink, but gosh darn it, he said it straight out!)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum