All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 am

Andy Reid watch in effect?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey Shoju, not sure if this is good or bad
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... mur_g.html
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 pm

And apparently, Jerry Jones doesn't want to win a Super Bowl.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/07/cowbo ... &eref=sihp
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

Klaudandus wrote:Hey Shoju, not sure if this is good or bad
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... mur_g.html


After watching the game, I wanted to write a big long rant about how Rich Gannon was a tard, but I kept my mouth quiet on that, but since this article brings it up, let me just tell you, that Rich Gannon is a flaming idiot. He was lambasting Weeden, at times, for absolutely ridiculous things.

Did Weeden look sharp in the game? No. Were there times where he was impressive? absofreakinglutely.

When did Gannon talk? During the bad times. Did he point out the good things he did? Maybe once.

I give Weeden a LOT of grief because of his age. At 29, I'm just not sure that he is "the long term solution". But, To say that he has been awful is a stretch.

Weeden has made good strides. He's also been the victim of a LOT of drops (31 according to the article) But, we have

Rookie QB
Rookie RB
2nd year (technically 3rd, due to injury) backup RB's
2x Rookie WR
1x 2nd year WR
and Mo Mass, who just... can't catch.
We've also got a Rookie RT
1 TE in his second year,
1 Journeyman TE

We aren't exactly brimming with experience.

I knew this season was going to be rough. I knew that we weren't going to win a lot of games, and I'd be ok with it if I felt like Shurmur was part of the solution. But so far, his playcalling decisions leave me wondering if we would be better with a better play caller.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Flex wrote:http://deadspin.com/5956562/nate-silvers-braying-idiot-detractors-show-that-being-ignorant-about-politics-is-like-being-ignorant-about-sports?tag=nate-silver

Very interesting read!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:
Being bent out of shape because you have experienced great success, but not "the greatest success" seems silly to me.


Tell that to the Yankees and the Cowboys. (And the Red Sawx Pink Hats)


^^^

Success: Got Shoju to do statistical analysis to attempt to prove a point in a sports thread.

Edit: Also tell that to the Lakers fans that are in hysteria because the team is 0-2.


Brown fired
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--laker ... 51809.html
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm surprised they fired him. I always liked Brown as a coach, especially, because there were times where you could see the tension between he and LBJ. He'll coach again.... And probably win a title before CLE>
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Shoju wrote:I'm surprised they fired him. I always liked Brown as a coach, especially, because there were times where you could see the tension between he and LBJ. He'll coach again.... And probably win a title before CLE>


Move to LA, then you'll understand.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Reports are trickling in that the Indians are fielding calls from the Boston Red Sox for Justin Masterson and Shin Shoo Choo.

I'm boggled. We'll keep Allballsdo Nostrikemez, and look at trading Masterston? Why? One Bad Season?

Choo? Really? we're going to let another guy with an average+ bat go away? Do we really want to look back in a couple of years and see that he did the same thing as VMart? 300 ba 20 hr 100RBI? and we let them walk?

Fuck me. Francona is going to get jobbed by the front office.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Well, Masterson was once a Red Sox...

Anyways.... 'bama - a&m -- I watch ncaa football, but not as much as I used to, and follow my alma mater even less, but damn if I would not be proud of my aggies if they mess up with the bcs standings =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

Shoju wrote:Reports are trickling in that the Indians are fielding calls from the Boston Red Sox for Justin Masterson and Shin Shoo Choo.

I'm boggled. We'll keep Allballsdo Nostrikemez, and look at trading Masterston? Why? One Bad Season?

Choo? Really? we're going to let another guy with an average+ bat go away? Do we really want to look back in a couple of years and see that he did the same thing as VMart? 300 ba 20 hr 100RBI? and we let them walk?

Fuck me. Francona is going to get jobbed by the front office.


The bigger question is what are they going to get in return? If the Sawx manage to pan off Lackey on you, then yes, you truly are cursed.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Image

Thank you Aggies!!!

This feels better than beating Texas
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:41 pm

i dont always root for A&M, but when i do, they beat the tide AT HOME!

GO AGGIES!
now we just need KSU to lose and the Ducks are #1!!!
rest of the season plays out right, ducks in national championship, and beavers in rose bowl! (yes i am from oregon, what was your first clue?)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 am

bldavis wrote:i dont always root for A&M, but when i do, they beat the tide AT HOME!

GO AGGIES!
now we just need KSU to lose and the Ducks are #1!!!
rest of the season plays out right, ducks in national championship, and beavers in rose bowl! (yes i am from oregon, what was your first clue?)

Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 am

Things I learned from Sunday

- Von Miller having Newton eat grass is Magic
- 420 TDs from Peyton is Magic as well.
- Fitzpatrick snatches defeat from the jaws of victory
- Andy Reid watch is still in effect // Nick Foles era begins?
- Giants defense didn't make it to Cincy
- Wade Phillips is a horrible head coach but a really really good defensive coordinator
- Jason Campbell was better than he seemed to be
- 49rs and Rams kissed their own sisters... seriously Rams... walking to the line with 15 secs to go?
- I knew the Falcons were overrated as an undefeated team, but that they lost to the Saints is what surprises me.
- Why do they keep starting Mark Sanchez? Jets are paying 10 million dollars to Tebow for nothing, oh yeah, and draft picks too.
- WTF happened to the Lions? This is more than Madden Curse cuz as far as I know, only Megatron was in the cover, not the whole team.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:Things I learned from Sunday

- Von Miller having Newton eat grass is Magic
- 420 TDs from Peyton is Magic as well.
- Fitzpatrick snatches defeat from the jaws of victory
- Andy Reid watch is still in effect // Nick Foles era begins?
- Giants defense didn't make it to Cincy
- Wade Phillips is a horrible head coach but a really really good defensive coordinator
- Jason Campbell was better than he seemed to be
- 49rs and Rams kissed their own sisters... seriously Rams... walking to the line with 15 secs to go?
- I knew the Falcons were overrated as an undefeated team, but that they lost to the Saints is what surprises me.
- Why do they keep starting Mark Sanchez? Jets are paying 10 million dollars to Tebow for nothing, oh yeah, and draft picks too.
- WTF happened to the Lions? This is more than Madden Curse cuz as far as I know, only Megatron was in the cover, not the whole team.


I didn't watch a lot of football this weekend. I couldn't get any games that I cared to watch, but
Cincy trouncing the Giants felt good.
Who knew that Dallas had a Defense? (I picked them up in Fantasy because of Vick's turnovers.... And they won me the week for sure)
New Orleans is better than we all thought. Even without their coach
Jeff Fisher needs to practice the Troll Face. Man that game was... odd.
Rex Ryan should be fired. Maybe before Shurmur. I have never seen a team look so dreadful, and see so many people not blame the HC.
Freeman is a good QB.
WTF happened in Miami....

as far as College, now I just need Kansas State to find a way to lose, setting up what could be one of the most Epic BCS Championship Games ever. O R E G O N OREGON! VS The Irish. When I was a teen, I was a big Irish fan (I couldn't tell you why anymore... But I thought they were a lot of fun to watch. Now, ND is looking for legitimacy, Oregon is this... Blitzkrieg offense that is just awesome to watch, AND! No SEC team in the Title game. That would make me happy.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 am

Talking about the ducks -- I would like to see Chip in the NFL for this
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-act ... lution-nfl

The reason why the Saints victory surprises me is because their Defense had been atrocious all season long.

And regarding the Jets -- I had already posted this article, but this bears repeating
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2077 ... -tim-tebow

They suck royally with Sanchez, might as well start Tebow, that would at least electrify the fans for a while -- just like it happened with the Broncos last season.

Did I mention I loved Von Miller?
Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 am

Love/hate the Lakers drama.. ex-coach who wanted it all, family-feud, fans who demand immediate success, old old stars, and it will be on the radio non-stop for the next 7 months... :(
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am

Sanchez is so bad, he ranks 33rd in completed passes -- he's so bad, he ranks behind Arizona's backup!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 am

Klaudandus wrote:Sanchez is so bad, he ranks 33rd in completed passes -- he's so bad, he ranks behind Arizona's backup!


Which means he ranks behind Cleveland's WheelChair rookie... Oh dear sweet god. I wonder if Mark has called up Pete Carroll yet, and said "You were right. I should have stayed"
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am

Shoju wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Sanchez is so bad, he ranks 33rd in completed passes -- he's so bad, he ranks behind Arizona's backup!


Which means he ranks behind Cleveland's WheelChair rookie... Oh dear sweet god. I wonder if Mark has called up Pete Carroll yet, and said "You were right. I should have stayed"


Two words: Matt Barkley.

No, he shouldn't have stayed, but USC QB's are gonna start getting a rep for being overrated.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Let's make a pool on who gets fired first

Shurmur
Turner
Crennel
Reid
Ryan

Edit:
Garret as a Dark Horse entry -- as apparently Jerry Jones and Holmgren are in talks.
Last edited by Klaudandus on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9430
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 pm

I've got dibs on Shurmur, but wouldn't be surprised if Ryan beats him. . That's going to be a close race.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest