Remove Advertisements

[10N] Amber Shaper Un'sok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby Bellanka » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am

One of the more enjoyable fights this tier, but starting to get frustrating.

How are those of you on this fight handling P2/P3?

We've been trying having the first non-tank Reshaped in P2 stay on the big add full time and drink pools as necessary, as well as burning bloodlust there. We're going to try it a little differently tonight, with each P2 construct drinking one pool for debuff overlap and saving lust for P3.

Also, are you 2 or 3 healing it? We've been using two, and when one healer becomes the construct it's pretty much a wipe.

We've done most of our pulls with:

Tanks: Monk and Paladin
Healers: Druid and Priest
MDPS: Rogue and Frost DK
Ranged: Fire Mage, Shadow Priest, and a mix of two of the following: BM Hunter/Boomkin/Ele Shaman
Last edited by Bellanka on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: Amber Shaoer Un'sok

Postby Kishandra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

You really shouldn't have much pool drinking going on in phase 1/2 (as in, the average construct shouldn't drink a pool even once). If you don't have ~30+ pools in phase 3, you'll run out and suddenly you lose all your dps because they went insane :( Try to save lust for p3 as well.

World of logs seems to be split down the middle on whether groups used 2 or 3 heals. 2 heal it if you need the dps and just pray for good rng, or 3 heal for more stability if you have the numbers.
Kishandra

Re: Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby Auracle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Hey folks,

Will be trying this fellow this weekend and I had a question regarding phase 3.

From browsing logs, it appears that almost all groups are killing ~ 6 - 7 packs of living amber during the first two phases. So, based on having ~ 30 pools at the start of phase 3, I was wondering where you come down on the DPS strategy.

As I see it, there are two methods:
1) Have one mutated Construct drink pools and stay on boss, keeping its stacks up, while having DPS handle any new constructs that form. Obviously, this splits raid DPS between constructs and the boss.
2) Have ALL constructs that mutate simply gang up on the boss and get his Destabilize stacks ridiculously high, aiming to kill him before you lose too many people to Mutated Constructs running out of willpower.

I realize this is likely something we'll simply need to test, as it depends greatly on each raids DPS output, # of heals, and skill level, but I wondered if anyone could conclusively say that the Mutated construct pile-up for P3 is viable.

Thanks!
-Auracle
Auracle

Postby Hespherus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:48 am

Auracle wrote:As I see it, there are two methods:
1) Have one mutated Construct drink pools and stay on boss, keeping its stacks up, while having DPS handle any new constructs that form. Obviously, this splits raid DPS between constructs and the boss.
2) Have ALL constructs that mutate simply gang up on the boss and get his Destabilize stacks ridiculously high, aiming to kill him before you lose too many people to Mutated Constructs running out of willpower.

I realize this is likely something we'll simply need to test, as it depends greatly on each raids DPS output, # of heals, and skill level, but I wondered if anyone could conclusively say that the Mutated construct pile-up for P3 is viable.

Thanks!
-Auracle

The only problem i see with nº1 is that its kinda hard to dps any constructs down in phase 3 due to the AoE the boss does. If the Aoe hits the construcs they heal for 20%. We tried it for a while, but we just werent able to kill it.

Im just wondering how to do it with just 2 healers. I mean, most of the times we would have a healer getting reshaped asap which makes the healing really hard. If you get your second reshape on your other healer, you are basically screwed unless im missing something.

Are people keeping the stacks on the boss in phase 2? We usually keep the construct on the monstrosity. But i mean if could definately see some benefits on keeping it on the boss only. That would mean a quicker burn on the boss in the last phase which is really the dangerous phase.
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 am

Hespherus wrote:
Auracle wrote:As I see it, there are two methods:

Thanks!
-Auracle

The only problem i see with nº1 is that its kinda hard to dps any constructs down in phase 3 due to the AoE the boss does. If the Aoe hits the construcs they heal for 20%. We tried it for a while, but we just werent able to kill it.

Im just wondering how to do it with just 2 healers. I mean, most of the times we would have a healer getting reshaped asap which makes the healing really hard. If you get your second reshape on your other healer, you are basically screwed unless im missing something.

Are people keeping the stacks on the boss in phase 2? We usually keep the construct on the monstrosity. But i mean if could definately see some benefits on keeping it on the boss only. That would mean a quicker burn on the boss in the last phase which is really the dangerous phase.

Got him last night, finally, after going back to two-healing. So two-healing works. Our Resto Druid, who usually carries our heals, was (one of?) the first ones reshaped in P3. That left our Disc Priest to solo heal it. It was rough, and I had to stop and throw some heals out as well, but it is doable.

P2 all debuffs need to be kept on the monstrosity. It is a huge waste of the debuff and DPS to put it on Un'sok because of his Amber Shell buff that reduces all damage by 99%

The way that finally worked for us was to have all constructs broken out ASAP in P1/P2 and ignore constructs in P3, but to tank Un'sok near all the piles of goo so your constructs can feed quickly.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:15 am

I think it's the most common strategy, also what we did. Break all constructs free until the hostile construct (phase 2) is down. Then don't break any at all any more. One of our 2 healers got it early and the 2nd around 25%, but it's still fine. You'll lose the non-construct players but as long as the tank can chain some CDs to hang in there (boss hitting a construct is -40 willpower, so you do need a tank, at least for a while), it's alright as the dps on the boss just scales up so much.
We tried briefly to keep a construct up the whole fight, but that didn't work very well at all.

BW has good timers for the amber explosions and also highlights timers for your own constructs exp and the hostile one, DBM wasn't all that helpful there, but I guess they'll fix that more sooner then later.
Kai

Postby Auracle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Awesome input folks thanks much, will try it this weekend :D
Auracle

Postby Taeron » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Why 2 tanks? Haven't done it yet so dont know what requires the switch.
Taeron

Postby daishan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 pm

In P1 he turns 1 tank then the other into a construct, then in P2 he'll pick the current tank up and chuck the tank at a raid member stunning the tank for 3 sec I think.
As far as I know there's no way round having both tanks turned into constructs one after another in P1 (you can't have a construct tank as they loose 40% willpower each time the boss melees them), P2 could probably be solo tanked the short stuns would be rough to heal through but most likely manageable. Tbh though it didn't seem that much of a dps check to us, if you have the dps for Garalon and Wind lord you should be fine once you have the tactics right on Amber-Shaper.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 pm

When you get picked up and Flung, your threat on the Monstrosity is dropped, and you're stunned for 3 seconds.
Darielle

Postby Taeron » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 am

Ah, missed the whole throwing stuff. Thanks.
Taeron

Postby Hespherus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 am

The only thing i can recommend on top of what everyone said, is to go with 3 healers. Makes phase 2 a bit longer, but phase 3 is a walk in the park.
Hespherus

Postby ederick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 am

Beat it on 10 man last night, didn't see a hotfix posted but smash from the construct was hitting for around 100-120k base instead of the 40k it did previously. Made phase 2 go much quicker
ederick

Postby Bellanka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm

ederick wrote:Beat it on 10 man last night, didn't see a hotfix posted but smash from the construct was hitting for around 100-120k base instead of the 40k it did previously. Made phase 2 go much quicker

Construct Damage is also modified by the debuff you stack on him. More constructs = more damage debuff stacking = more damage from all constructs.

The soft enrage is running out of pools to feed your constructs before they all go made and start bombing your raid to death.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby iAvatar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Long time reader, first post!

Killed this last night.

2 tanks 3 healers.

Opted for the longevity route given that I could find no mention of a tightly tuned beserk timer.

In p1 we pushed Amber Shaper to 70% halfway through burning down the tank in the Construct as we found that the boss ignored swapping to p2 at 70% if he was busy casting Scalpel - he would finish Scalpel, Reshape a tank and then summon the Monstrosity, which was shit given we had a fresh tank to break out before a Fling (we could probably handle this now though).

P2 - make sure you raiders don't have stupid bar mods/have tested them on wipe pulls/LFR that fuck up the construct. We didn't try to keep the debuff stacked on the Monstrosity, focused solely on interrupting the Monstrosity, yourself in the Construct and killing the Living Ambers. DPS on Monstrosity was lowest priority. There is a few seconds of downtime between Constructs that you can finish off the Ambers - have your dps put some dots on them/a few casts before starting dps on the new Construct. If explosions do go off/you can see them coming as nobody is a construct, use a major healing cooldown.

We found that the first Monstrosity Explosion took ages to happen, we had the first person Reshaped eat 1 puddle so we could always interrupt it as the Monstrosity cast it between the 1st and 2nd Reshape casts which was shit as it would kill someone.

Ignored the current Construct when the Monstrosity hit 10%, they ate pools as required, dps killed the Ambers.

P3 - stacked up ASAP as the phase began, started rolling cooldowns with Spirit Link to stabilise. Usual deal here, tank boss near pools on ground, interrupt your construct and rage at bonus roll gold.

e: Our feral druid did say he the tank armour bug in the Construct was still happening, as was Archimonde's Vengeance for warlocks in the Construct. I was using Grimoire of Sacrifice, couldn't tell if the heal was still happening on the Construct as I only had it once in p2.
Avátar of <Last Attempt> Thaurissan
6/6 H MSV | 6/6 H HoF | 4/4 H TEOS
iAvatar

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)