Remove Advertisements

Walking Dead Episode "The Killer Within"

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Walking Dead Episode "The Killer Within"

Postby Thalia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm

For those who watch the show and read the comics, what did you think about this episode.

I really think it needs to win an award, the scene with Lori and Carl...omg and Andrew Lincoln's reaction performance at the end, as well as T-Dog's heroism...I haven't cried this bad for a show in a long long time. Literally my heart jerked and i couldn't hold the tears. I was trying to be all brave watching it next to Aergis...but couldn't help myself.

I saw this in another forum..and this member trully captured how I felt after and what I was doing!

Thalia

Re: Walking Dead Episode "The Killer Within"

Postby Aubade » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Maybe I'm just a heartless bastard. But I hated Lori, and I hate rick. So I was like "Cool, now focus less on those shit-bags and focus on The cool people, like Glen and Maggie, and Hershel's Recovery"

Although T-Dogs Heroism got me a little...

But seriously though, So glad I don't have to hear Lori bitch anymore.

EDIT: I used to hate Carl. I used to yell at the T.V. And tell him to stay in the house. No Longer will I participate in this. He earned his man-card yesterday, and he earned it well.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Thalia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

SPOILERS!

Aubade wrote:EDIT: I used to hate Carl. I used to yell at the T.V. And tell him to stay in the house. No Longer will I participate in this. He earned his man-card yesterday, and he earned it well.

I was mad at Carl ever since he indirectly caused the death of Dale, who I really really cared for (well his character).

As a mother and wife, perhaps that's why Lori's performance got me so hard. Ya she did a lot of stupid things, but in the end she made amends with her son and gave him the words I think he needed to hear to continue in that world. She also spoke "goodnight my love" right before Maggie cut her open, so I think she always loved Rick, and he was her last thought.

The fact that the little boy had to step it up...ugh heart wrenching what he had to do.

Rick in the end, what gets me about this performance was that I felt the regret in his pain.

Gahhhh, need more beer.
Thalia

Postby Aubade » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 pm

I figured since the title of the thread had the episode name in it, spoilers were guaranteed Haha. My bad =[

Yeah, he did a lot in those last moments. I'm sure Lori did, but the shit she put Rick and Shane through for no reason at all just makes me mad. The Man that Rick has turned into makes me mad too. I liked the original Rick from Season 1, haven't liked him since.

Also; I had forgotten about the dale thing... =[ Bringing back Old Wounds.

Ah, and Maggie = 2nd best character in the show. Glen being first.

She's a pro, and I will stop watching the show if she gets killed off.

and from someone who hasn't read the comic:
I predict:

The Kid will be Shane's kid, and Glen/Maggie will Adopt him/her and Darryl will be the godfather since he's the 3rd most bad-ass guy in the show.
Aubade

Postby Thalia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm

We sell Walking Dead Trades at the store every day and I have not dared to pick one up yet...since I am enjoyed the show adaptation.

Anyway, I have always thought that there is some sexy time tension between Carol and Darryl, maybe they will be helping with the baby too.

Though we are both assuming that Rick will want nothing to do with the child.
Thalia

Postby Aubade » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:09 pm

He's a bad person in every other aspect of his life, I don't expect him to start today.
Aubade

Postby Melathys » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

I got about 6 episodes into the first season and then I gave up on it. To be fair though, thats longer than I got through Revolution before the stupidity made me stop watching that one.
Melathys

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:47 am

I love the Walking Dead. I have also shied away from the comics because I want to be "content" with watching the show. I have friends who have read them all, so I'm "sort of" up on the comics.

This episode should win serious awards. I think that it was fantastic, and I'm not going to lie, I cried a little. To think about having to be the one to put a bullet in your mom's head to make sure that she doesn't come back?! T Dog's heroism was cool, but he knew that his time was coming to an end. He had been bit. It was only a matter of time. It was cool to see him go out in a "blaze of glory" though.

I don't hate Rick. I think that he has been put in an awful situation. Left for dead, woke up to a nightmare made real. Comes back to find his wife who thought he was dead screwing his partner, who oh by the way, has tried to kill him several times. To top it off, he has become the de facto leader of a group after it was formed, and it sort of just "came to him" I don't think that he tried to "be" the leader. The problem is, he has had everyone chirping at him about what they think, and how they think, and what they want. It's sort of a reflection of politics in the US right now, on a "micro scale".

I too have had a serious dislike for Lori, but the ending was... wow. I didn't expect it to end that way. I didn't expect her son to have to do it. She readily admitted that she had been awful towards Rick. That doesn't make life easy.

I hope Carol doesn't die. There are some interesting things to be had with her character, and I hope that they explore them before they kill her, but I'm not so sure that will happen.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

The show doesn't know what to do with its female or minority characters.

The women can't be strong without a man. The minorities are either useless background characters (RIP T-Dogg) or simply yes men to the white people.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Aubade » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm

I refuse to think Glen is a yes man. I just love him so much
Aubade

Postby econ21 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Flex wrote:The women can't be strong without a man. The minorities are either useless background characters (RIP T-Dogg) or simply yes men to the white people.

Crazy samurai sword lady says hi.
econ21

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:30 pm

econ21 wrote:
Flex wrote:The women can't be strong without a man. The minorities are either useless background characters (RIP T-Dogg) or simply yes men to the white people.

Crazy samurai sword lady says hi.

The samurai sword is male. Your argument is invalid.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 am

While it is a great adaptation and the show is one of the best things currently on it really isn't award winning standard and hasn't been since the first episode with possibly the exception of 'Sofia' in the second season mid season break episode. [Why the hell do they do that? It isn't novel, it is just sodding annoying]

The Thick Of It, Peep Show, Deadwood, Invasion and Sherlock had to wait quite a while for recognition and all of those shows are superior in every way to this while on a much lower budget.

I am hoping The Walking Dead runs for 4 or possibly 5 seasons only before coming to a conclusion, I don't want to watch another drawn out series that goes past its sell by date and then has an appalling ending./looks at 'Lost' which ironically I wish I had never 'Found'.

Make it like Deadwood please but actually finish it. IE have good characters like Daryl, Shane, Dale, Maggie and Glenn as Allbad says. I do feel sorry for Andrew Lincoln, at least his character in This Life had a natural progression rather than the dross he is having to go through now which I don't think is well written at all.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Walking Dead but it isn't 'Band of Brothers'.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 am

I disagree, I love the writing on The Walking Dead. It might not be Band of Brothers, but It certainly isn't as bad as the writing got on another of my favorite shows as it wound down (Rescue Me) the Last season and a half or so really just didn't sit well with me, and F/X telling them that they couldn't kill Tommy REALLY pissed me off. Part of me wishes the show would have ended in the bar with Teddy offing Tommy.
Shoju

Postby Thalia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Personally, I do think that scene deserves one, it moved me like no other in a long time. I usually run away from scenes like those, I really don't like watching them, but this one kept me on the couch, I couldn't look away and I couldn't contain myself. The power of that scene was well felt in our household, the build up and writing up to it culminated into a bunch of cry babies throughout the Walking Dead fan base; must mean something lol.

And part of me is just also being mad that sci-fi shows get ignored and pushed to the side. I often thought that BSG needed to win an award, the social drama was amazing. But hey, though I am a fan, they keep giving awards to shows like Mad Men (which totally sucked this season IMO) and ignore the perceived "nerd" shows.

Guess I feel like a lot of the sci-fi/fantasy shows get glazed over because maybe there is a prejudice against their perceived "geekdom" fan base, as if we don't matter.

But then again, I am sure there are lots of sci-fi shows that might have gotten awards that I am not aware of.

But on its own, I still feel this was one of more powerful episodes I have scene in my life, on the pure raw human emotion and sacrifice.

P.S. I loved Band of Brothers =)
Thalia

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum