Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am

So I only just noticed last week that I can open recent documents from the taskbar in windows 7 for any program pinned there. Suddenly all my desktop shortcuts at work are useless. (And suddenly the ideas behind Windows 8's Metro start to make sense.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby amh » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 am

Worldie wrote:I just figured out you can click a quest giver under a thousand giant mounts by just clicking his ! or ? ... how long has that been in game for

Sunwell, wasn't it? Those burly golem-like guards weren't fans of unintended pvp around the armorer.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Something interesting for hunters:

Tallstriders give Sunder Armor debuff, all 3 stacks at once, AoE. 25 sec. CD - that's actually pretty cool.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby econ21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Sha of Anger drops gear based on spec not class. (It's been bugged, hence the misinformation from other sources.) I thought I'd gotten suspiciously lucky getting both tier pieces for prot. Time to start queuing as dps.
Last edited by econ21 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:43 pm

econ21 wrote:Sha of Anger drops gear based on spec not class. (It's been bugged, hence the misinformation from other sources.) I thought I'd gotten suspiciously lucking getting both tier pieces for prot. Time to start queuing as dps.

Sha of Anger drops items? :(
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Do you know if quickly respeccing before your bonus roll changes the outcome of the loot spec?

Reason is that for 2 Sha of anger groups ive not been needed as tank, so ive been derping, but I want tank gear so quickly respec as soon as the loot roll window pops. No luck yet getting loot mind you.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby theckhd » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Yes, that should work. I'm sure it does on raid bosses in MSV/HoF, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work on Sha.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Kool TY Theck.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Do you know if quickly respeccing before your bonus roll changes the outcome of the loot spec?

Reason is that for 2 Sha of anger groups ive not been needed as tank, so ive been derping, but I want tank gear so quickly respec as soon as the loot roll window pops. No luck yet getting loot mind you.

It does work. Our warrior tank got his shield from Spirit Kings that way.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 am

I don't think anyone would notice if you stay in prot spec on Sha though. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 am

Newsom wrote:I don't think anyone would notice if you stay in prot spec on Sha though. :P

barely getting 25 ppl, but do having 6 tanks and 9 or 10 healers doesn't really work tho.
not that I'm speaking out of personal experience :roll:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby culhag » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 am

I recently realized that the skeleton keys are now actually cheap enough to be worth using.
I'd kept the idea since vanilla, when they were made with rare metals, that they were too expensive to be practical, but now they're made with ghost iron (1 bar = 1 key) which is dirt cheap.

No more boxes sitting unopened in my bags for months !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:44 am

JoeBravo wrote:
Newsom wrote:I don't think anyone would notice if you stay in prot spec on Sha though. :P

barely getting 25 ppl, but do having 6 tanks and 9 or 10 healers doesn't really work tho.
not that I'm speaking out of personal experience :roll:

Really? Even on my dead low pop server we always manage to get 40 people. At least on Weds.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Apparently I've always thought Unholy Aura and similar abilities affected the CD on our abilities.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:22 am

I only realized this week that Lil' Canny, the robot wandering around the engineering area of Shrine, is a bank.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General