Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Paxen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 pm

halabar wrote:Normandy comes to mind as another special type of hell.

The Eastern Front was a fair bit more hellish though.
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Stalingrad -- Hitler didn't learn from Napoleon
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 pm

halabar wrote:Normandy comes to mind as another special type of hell.

You mean like the one populated by people who take advantage of young women and people who talk in movies?

;)
benebarba

Postby Nordix » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 pm

>Coming up with guildnames that are not 100% serious
>"Bad Company"
>boo
>"SSDD"
>boo
>"Loot Mafia"
>boo
>someone says "Lemon Cheesecake"
>Everyone yelling in euphoria
>"Quantum Shish Kabob" "Ferret Ninja" "Lemon Cyborg"
>people peeing themselves in joy on skype

WTFx1000000000000000
Nordix

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Stalingrad -- Hitler didn't learn from Napoleon

yeah

but really, nothing in WWII is the same hell as the trenches of WWI
yes, the island warfare in teh pacific was terrible
yes the landing on normady beaches of D-Day was a needed evil
the eastern front...that was just a fuck up from the beginning - if hitler had waited until england was taken care of before he broke the non-agression pact with the USSR, he probably would have won the war (well that and if he studied history)

but all of this didnt have the sheer horror of years of living in a trench, going up and over into a hail of machine gun fire, and knowing that once you got over it, if you were still alive, you would be surrounded by thousands of the enemy in their home turf...not to mention all the health issues that could kill you in your own trench

oh and Mustard Gas...
yeah i say the trenches in WWI were hell on earth, but WWII was no picnic either

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 am

bldavis wrote:the eastern front...that was just a fuck up from the beginning - if hitler had waited until england was taken care of before he broke the non-agression pact with the USSR, he probably would have won the war (well that and if he studied history)

The eastern front wasn't hell because Hitler fucked up. Rather, it's hell because all the rules for warfare went out the window. Think the germans were bad in the west? Or maybe not all that bad? How do you think they went about when they warred against the "subhuman" slavs? And the the russians retaliated. Not to mention stuff like german soldiers being sent into Russia without winter gear ("we'll be in Moscow in a month"), or russian soldiers getting one gun for every other (or every third, or fourth) man, being sent into the hellhole that was Stalingrad on pain on machinegun fire in the back. And so on.
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:26 am

im not saying they are saints by any stretch of ANY imagination

i was just saying that had he waited, the war might have turned out differently
and to the nazi's anyone not tall, blond, and blue eyed was sub-human...the aryan race was THE perfect race and the only one that should be allowed to have power
which in itself is funny as hitler was 5' something (i think 6, idr though) had brown hair, brown eyes, and was born in Austria, and was part jewish

my other point was that yes, WWII had its own horrors
every war does
but imo, based on research i have done (i am a HUGE history buff, and WWII/WWI are my favorite modern subjects) WWI trenches were a special kind of hell that from which millions of soldiers died. no one LET them selves die though, they all tried to live. it came down to pray to any/all god(s) you worship/believe in and go across or stay and get shot for not moving, as well as things like trench foot and mustard gas

name a somewhat modern war/military action and i am sure you can find examples of horror and hell in it
but nothing comes close to what trench warfare was like, and i hope that nothing ever will again

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 am

Blackitt! Blackie! Look at him. He worked on that cake like no one else I've ever known. Some nights it was so cold, we could hardly move, but Blackie'd be out there slicing the lemons, mixing the sugar and the almonds. I mean, you try trying to get butter to melt at fifteen degrees below zero! There's love in that cake.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 am

Stormreaver's BMAH is a joke. Aside from one Invincible I haven't seen anything other than T3 noone bids on and stupid Argent Tournament pets.

Meanwhile my gold just keeps piling up with nothing to spend it on. :\
Teranoid

Postby Treck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Apparently (due to the fact that my belt isnt in the wowhead database) I missed out on the fact that I only had one JC gem on progress after first boss, damn i feel stupid, some fanboy pointed it out tho from checking armory ;(
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Treck wrote:Apparently (due to the fact that my belt isnt in the wowhead database) I missed out on the fact that I only had one JC gem on progress after first boss, damn i feel stupid, some fanboy pointed it out tho from checking armory ;(

I have done that so many times. And can't remember how many times I have raided with an inactive meta gem.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Atleast that is a thing of the past nowadays.
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah. As is the chance to be raiding heroic ICC25 with 30 defense skill under the cap because somebody hypothetically forgot to change some of his gear back when comparing off-spec loot at the second boss and didn't notice until sindragosa...not that anybody else noticed either.
Last edited by Fetzie on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I raided with a chef's hat once. I deleted that sucker pretty quickly after that.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I raided with a chef's hat once. I deleted that sucker pretty quickly after that.

Dalaran ring anyone? :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General