Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 am

Hmm... 4 guilds at 5/6H, hopefully we'll see Treckie emerge soon....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm

halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:
theckhd wrote:They're optional in the same way that leveling to 90 or paying for your account are optional. You're not required to do any of that - in fact, you're not required to play the game at all. That doesn't make it any less of a giant grindy PITA for anyone who gives a shit about optimizing their character for raiding, though.


But it's far more than raiding, IMO.

It's actually playing once you hit 90 (and don't want to just annihilate low-level quests). It's having something to do with VP. You know, the carrot they dangle in front of most of the content these days.

Consider the extreme case of someone who does 'just want to see the content' - they'll do dailies once (well, except shado-pan and august celestials - they'll probably not get seen), maybe run some heroics and then what? More realistic is someone wants to get into LFR to see that, so they grind out Heroics because they don't want to do the dailies. Why? Because after you've done them once, the quests are mind-numbingly boring (if not sooner). But even they may as well toss the VP away since they can't use it for anything (ok, maybe they can trade it for conquest - but that kind of illustrates the issue as well).

This last case is the case some of my raid team is in: They want to raid, they just don't want to do innane dailies just to be able to buy gear with points they were able to obtain a number of ways that didn't include dailies.

"But normal raids are tuned for 463 gear!" you say. Yes, true. But what about the people who know they are probably going to need better than that? Or the ones who want to actually spend that VP they got slamming heroics and scenarios into the wall, but who didn't want to do the same 30 quests over and over?

So yes, I get they wanted us to see the content. Fine. Once I do all the dailies once, give me a tabard. Then let me go back to that thing they once spoke of: "having options".

/rant


Not to mention that even the "content tourists" are locked out of higher LFR until the purchase a fair amount of valor gear, BMAH gear, or get exceedingly lucky on Sha.

Face it, dailies are mandatory for ANYTHING endgame.


How about the Tabard you can buy at exalted being BoA and having the function of the WotLK and Cata tabards? So you do the dailies grind once, and can do dungeons for every other character?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Glorious!

Time to uninstall npcscan!
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Fetzie wrote:How about the Tabard you can buy at exalted being BoA and having the function of the WotLK and Cata tabards? So you do the dailies grind once, and can do dungeons for every other character?


I don't like that option because it only benefits people who have alts they don't want to grind on, and doesn't change anything for those who only play 1 character at end-game.

When I said once, I meant basically once you have done each of the individual daily quests from a particular faction, the whole 'experience the content' argument is moot for that faction. So literally, a week or so of dailies and you open up the option for a tabard. Of course, this would also require them not to attempt to extend the life of content by making you slowly gain more dailies.

As it stands now, I think they'd have to put it at say 'honored' or so - something that's not a terrible grind but does require *some* dailies, if only to justify the content existing.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm

benebarba wrote:I don't like that option because it only benefits people who have alts they don't want to grind on, and doesn't change anything for those who only play 1 character at end-game.


This makes absolutely no sense.

So you're basically saying you wouldn't support it just because you play one toon and thus would get nothing out of it? That's pretty dumb.

If you play one character then congratulations.. you don't ever have to put up with this inane bullshit. That in itself should be the reward.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:47 pm

i would love it if you got to say revered honored with a faction, and you had an option to get a tabard to get some rep from dungeons, a little less from scenarios, but the best way to get it was still dailies, and keep dailies as the only way to get lesser charms
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Teranoid wrote:
benebarba wrote:I don't like that option because it only benefits people who have alts they don't want to grind on, and doesn't change anything for those who only play 1 character at end-game.


This makes absolutely no sense.

So you're basically saying you wouldn't support it just because you play one toon and thus would get nothing out of it? That's pretty dumb.

If you play one character then congratulations.. you don't ever have to put up with this inane bullshit. That in itself should be the reward.


Where did I say that I didn't think there should be some BOA nature to it? Or that there *shouldn't* be some other benefit to people with multiple toons. I didn't support the idea because it *only* helped people with multiple toons.

I'll be sure to spell out explicitly any thoughts I have, so as to avoid any confusion next time. ;)
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby SeaTurtle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Benebarba: Got!
User avatar
SeaTurtle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 pm

SeaTurtle wrote:Benebarba: Got!

lol! Cute!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
SeaTurtle wrote:Benebarba: Got!

lol! Cute!


I admit it: I rode it around the summoning stone waiting for raid tonight :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby theckhd » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:06 am

Chest token from my bonus roll on Shek'zeer. Yay 2-piece!
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6205
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Treck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Grand Empress down finally, so much that has to go right in that fight its just annoying.
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Treck wrote:Grand Empress down finally, so much that has to go right in that fight its just annoying.


Bummer on not getting world first~ =(
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Treck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Sometimes you win, sometimes you dont, besides its Sha that matters anyway.
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Gz on Empress anyway (this is a success thread!)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Era » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Aye, congratulations! Will be looking forward to the final race!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Teranoid wrote:Glorious!

Time to uninstall npcscan!

Gratz! but do you have all the toys they drop ?
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Prot pally in heirlooms... Don't need quests, don't need LFD... Just solo everything.
From Ramps to Gundrak there seems to be very little that can really hurt me. (First boss in Gundrak can be a lil tricky)
Burn through packs pretty quickly, get insane exp and don't have to deal with the seething stupidity in LFD nowerdays.
Also solo'ed ring of blood and the LK version (Ampithetre of Anguish?).

As I have subsequently found, this "Keeping myself alive" practice has improved tanking on my main.
Got a better and instinctive feel for the rotation now.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Levantine » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Realised that if I used the 463 mace my cs and hotr would hit so much harder. Thus a legitimate tank set was born. Strength weapons are too mainstream.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 am

Mage got up to 89 now, and after a day of dungeon rushing, got my paladin up from 34 to 44. Ran dungeons together with my gf's new priest, and I think we ran into the same "random" people like 4 times. (Who loved the speed with wich I was tanking, but hated the dps I was doing since I was leaving them far behind ^^ )
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

only took me one sunday to rebuild my UI from scratch \0/
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Hespherus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 am

6/6 HoF last night. 1 shot windlord/ambershaper(which was still progression, we just switched from 2 healing to 3). Then proceeded to kill Empress in 6 tries.

Went back to MV and 2 shot Garajal HC, which puts us to 3/6 HC. Fingers crossed for Elegon HC tonight. All in all a pretty good week.
Hespherus
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 am

culhag wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Glorious!

Time to uninstall npcscan!

Gratz! but do you have all the toys they drop ?


Eh I got most of what I wanted from them. Some of them are absolutely dumb to me and a waste of bag space so I'm not bothering to farm them repeatedly.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Found a solution to the tank problem - got one of our monk dps to fill in as tank untill we get the 3rd one (if we get a third one ofc). now its just figuring out how to fix the healers (I mean we have 6 for a 10 man - even discounting one that is there with low possible attendance, it should be enuogh for a 2/3 raids available).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 am

Killed Will of the Emperor and 1st boss in heart of fear for 1st time on the weekend. Got bladelord to 5%.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest