Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

That's a big point there, why even get valor points if the things you can spend 'em on are locked away behind a wall of dailies that you have to grind for weeks just to open.

Dailies and the reputation grind that comes with them are not truly optional as blizzard asserts they are. If they were, there would be either
- An alternative way to gain rep
OR
- Valor point gear not requiring reputation
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11076
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Well the thing that's pissing me off right now is I have an alt who is almost at the 3k valor cap which I can spend almost none of it due to this bullshit and ridiculous notion that I should have to grind rep to buy the fucking things ON EVERY GODDAMNED CHARACTER I HAVE.

So my choices at this point are:

A)Do the fucking dailies again every day for a month just to stay under cap and actually have my warrior be somewhat viable to raid after I just spent over a month and a half on my shaman doing the exact same thing.
B)Sit on my ass and do nothing because basically have every heroic/scenario I run is wasted valor since I'd be capped.
C)Just not play my alts and say fuck it.
D)Twiddle my thumbs and say to myself "GOSH I WONDER WHEN 5.1 IS GOING TO ARRIVE"

At this point I'm almost leaning towards C.

Edit: And having reps locked behind other reps is just idiotic.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Teranoid wrote:Well the thing that's pissing me off right now is I have an alt who is almost at the 3k valor cap which I can spend almost none of it due to this bullshit and ridiculous notion that I should have to grind rep to buy the fucking things ON EVERY GODDAMNED CHARACTER I HAVE.


i think that's pretty much what I said in my previous post
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11076
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

the daily quest situation is the reason why i only have 2 90s
fuck leveling another one and doing anything beyond tillers until 5.1

even tillers is iffy
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

the daily quest situation is the reason why i only have 2 90s
fuck leveling another one and doing anything beyond tillers until 5.1

even tillers is iffy
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Mukat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Getting to do some one off quests for tillers and the people there at certain rep intervals was brilliant. Every 2-3 days getting something to break the monotony was awesome and kept me grinding away. Getting to challenge shado pan npcs was great too, and getting a new trainee or ravenmane's descending psyche at red crane temple each time was cool too.
Mukat
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Went into a sort of PUG MSV raid (more like a guild didn't have enough, so some friends were asked to come along.)

We only got the first two bosses down, but it did mark my first time doing pre-nerf (pretty sure at least) raid content in the 'appropriate' gear (ilvl 460 going in, got 2 upgrade drops) :D

Not fast, but progressing none the less.

Also, buffed health well over 500K now :D
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 am

cant sleep, so watch the only english streamer of WoT (World of Tanks)
get a song stuck in my head, find out what band it is ....and find a rapidly becoming favorite band in Sabaton
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 am

Only Urgolax left for Glorious.

Let the camping begin :\

That being said if anyone on this board actually plays horde and wants to be super awesome and CRZ me if you see it I'd love you forever. Battletag is Kektonic#1292
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby jere » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:10 am

Teranoid wrote:Well the thing that's pissing me off right now is I have an alt who is almost at the 3k valor cap which I can spend almost none of it due to this bullshit and ridiculous notion that I should have to grind rep to buy the fucking things ON EVERY GODDAMNED CHARACTER I HAVE.


If it helps at all, you should be able to get the epic necks without rep grinding per say. Honored with Klaxxi (all you need for 1250 VP epics) comes very easy if you do the questing in Dreadwastes to level.

The rings do require some rep grinding, but only a little as it is Golden Lotus honored, which doesn't take a huge investment to do.

If you are a human and completed the quests in Shadowpan Monastary, TLS, and KLS and do a sha kill quest, you can be honored with Shadow Pan without having to do GL dailies and can get the cloak.

I know those are very specific, but just on the offchance any were pertinent. Also, I know doing questing isn't a huge difference from dailies, but for some it is different enough, so figured I would mention those.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 am

Teranoid wrote:Well the thing that's pissing me off right now is I have an alt who is almost at the 3k valor cap which I can spend almost none of it due to this bullshit and ridiculous notion that I should have to grind rep to buy the fucking things ON EVERY GODDAMNED CHARACTER I HAVE.


Check MrRobot and see how the Conquest gear rates for you, for my spriest, there's one slot (bracers or gloves, I can't remember at the moment) that actually rate higher than most of the other PVE gear, so converting valor to conquest and buying those might be an option for you.

Yeah, getting forced into rep grinds to buy gear does suck. They should have left certain pieces out for the folks that just want to chain run heroics.

Another reason my alts are mostly benched at least until 5.1 and the rep boosts kick in.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:40 am

benebarba wrote:
theckhd wrote:They're optional in the same way that leveling to 90 or paying for your account are optional. You're not required to do any of that - in fact, you're not required to play the game at all. That doesn't make it any less of a giant grindy PITA for anyone who gives a shit about optimizing their character for raiding, though.


But it's far more than raiding, IMO.

It's actually playing once you hit 90 (and don't want to just annihilate low-level quests). It's having something to do with VP. You know, the carrot they dangle in front of most of the content these days.

Consider the extreme case of someone who does 'just want to see the content' - they'll do dailies once (well, except shado-pan and august celestials - they'll probably not get seen), maybe run some heroics and then what? More realistic is someone wants to get into LFR to see that, so they grind out Heroics because they don't want to do the dailies. Why? Because after you've done them once, the quests are mind-numbingly boring (if not sooner). But even they may as well toss the VP away since they can't use it for anything (ok, maybe they can trade it for conquest - but that kind of illustrates the issue as well).

This last case is the case some of my raid team is in: They want to raid, they just don't want to do innane dailies just to be able to buy gear with points they were able to obtain a number of ways that didn't include dailies.

"But normal raids are tuned for 463 gear!" you say. Yes, true. But what about the people who know they are probably going to need better than that? Or the ones who want to actually spend that VP they got slamming heroics and scenarios into the wall, but who didn't want to do the same 30 quests over and over?

So yes, I get they wanted us to see the content. Fine. Once I do all the dailies once, give me a tabard. Then let me go back to that thing they once spoke of: "having options".

/rant


Not to mention that even the "content tourists" are locked out of higher LFR until the purchase a fair amount of valor gear, BMAH gear, or get exceedingly lucky on Sha.

Face it, dailies are mandatory for ANYTHING endgame.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 am

Hmm... 4 guilds at 5/6H, hopefully we'll see Treckie emerge soon....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm

halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:
theckhd wrote:They're optional in the same way that leveling to 90 or paying for your account are optional. You're not required to do any of that - in fact, you're not required to play the game at all. That doesn't make it any less of a giant grindy PITA for anyone who gives a shit about optimizing their character for raiding, though.


But it's far more than raiding, IMO.

It's actually playing once you hit 90 (and don't want to just annihilate low-level quests). It's having something to do with VP. You know, the carrot they dangle in front of most of the content these days.

Consider the extreme case of someone who does 'just want to see the content' - they'll do dailies once (well, except shado-pan and august celestials - they'll probably not get seen), maybe run some heroics and then what? More realistic is someone wants to get into LFR to see that, so they grind out Heroics because they don't want to do the dailies. Why? Because after you've done them once, the quests are mind-numbingly boring (if not sooner). But even they may as well toss the VP away since they can't use it for anything (ok, maybe they can trade it for conquest - but that kind of illustrates the issue as well).

This last case is the case some of my raid team is in: They want to raid, they just don't want to do innane dailies just to be able to buy gear with points they were able to obtain a number of ways that didn't include dailies.

"But normal raids are tuned for 463 gear!" you say. Yes, true. But what about the people who know they are probably going to need better than that? Or the ones who want to actually spend that VP they got slamming heroics and scenarios into the wall, but who didn't want to do the same 30 quests over and over?

So yes, I get they wanted us to see the content. Fine. Once I do all the dailies once, give me a tabard. Then let me go back to that thing they once spoke of: "having options".

/rant


Not to mention that even the "content tourists" are locked out of higher LFR until the purchase a fair amount of valor gear, BMAH gear, or get exceedingly lucky on Sha.

Face it, dailies are mandatory for ANYTHING endgame.


How about the Tabard you can buy at exalted being BoA and having the function of the WotLK and Cata tabards? So you do the dailies grind once, and can do dungeons for every other character?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Glorious!

Time to uninstall npcscan!
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests
?php } else { ?