Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 pm

jere wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:With a Ret Spec: round up ALL THE MOBS and AoE them down using Seal of Light + Glyph of Divine Storm. It will be like twice as fast.

I was less successful with that in my ret spec. I could handle smaller groups (8-12ish) in ret, but in prot I tend to round up tons of mobs (30+, especially in the klaxxi zone). I tried that in my ret spec and gear and died pretty quickly. Still, in Prot, pulls like that go really fast for me (I'm sure ret would be faster if I could figure out how to stay alive better). Klaxxi is even easier for me with the zone buffs. I can pull all kinds of stuff there as prot.

Uh, wow. I wouldn't be able to survive 30 mobs even as Prot. How are you managing that? Raid gear?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

There are some klaxxi mobs that do very little damage, I got no problem grabbing 15 or so in a row, problem is trying to prevent them from rubber-banding while getting all the mobs together =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Taeron wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:As long as LFR is the most efficient means of VP capping, people will do it.

Ehhhh not necessarily true.

Nika, been meaning to ask - how do you go about doing dailies and similar solo stuff since you have prot/holy specs? I was hoping questing in Prot would be at least as smooth as it was in Cata, but I find myself keeping retribution as the obligatory offspec.

It's a bit painful. It's easier now that I've got a bit more gear than a few weeks ago, but it's still slow. I think when I first started doing all the dailies it took me about three to four hours to do them all every day. I'm down to Shado-Pan and August Celestials now so it's not nearly as bad. But for about three weeks it was pretty miserable.

I end up watching a lot of YouTube during them mostly.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 pm

HAhaha! I did the same, watched a lot of Mayday/Air Crash Investigations and Seconds from Disaster episodes -- just made my phobia of planes worse =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:HAhaha! I did the same, watched a lot of Mayday/Air Crash Investigations and Seconds from Disaster episodes -- just made my phobia of planes worse =P

The older I get, the less I can handle plane crash movies, documentaries, etc. I never used to have a problem with them, but as of two years ago I've started to feel really, really wary of them. I know the statistics are such that you're more likely to be in a car crash than a plane crash, but... /shudder.

Doesn't help that an old friend's father died in plane crash about 5 months ago. :|

I'll stick to my YouTube makeup video thanks! ;)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Try doing those dailies on a spriest with great single target but crappy aoe.. hopefully they buff that a bit.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 pm

halabar wrote:Try doing those dailies on a spriest with great single target but crappy aoe.. hopefully they buff that a bit.

That's my next 90. And that's depressing. :(
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:Try doing those dailies on a spriest with great single target but crappy aoe.. hopefully they buff that a bit.

On the plus side, if you don't overpull, and do 1-3 at a time (3 is pushing it) with Renew and PoM and perhaps shield and some other spriest tools I haven't learned yet, you can still mow through pretty well, just sucks when you need drops and have to kill 30 to get them.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby jere » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Uh, wow. I wouldn't be able to survive 30 mobs even as Prot. How are you managing that? Raid gear?

It's not terribly hard as long as you don't go for the groups of (elite?) bugs in sha touched areas. That comment was actually for Townlong Steppes though. I typically end up pulling all 12 serpent binders, their serpents and a few packs of doggies during the mogu chain for shadow pan dailes. I generally start out popping divine protection, then once they are grouped up, pop light's hammer, and rotate through consecration/hotr/judgement and keep spamming ShoR on cooldown. If/when I hit 75% health, I pop Avenging Wrath+Holy Avenger and go crazy on ShoR. Stuff usually all dies around 30-40s after I start that, so I typically have lights hammer ready during the next pull and still have my major cooldowns if needed, but that usually finishes at least one of the quests so I waste some time flying to the next. On the off times where I get dangerously low, I still have LoH, but I don't typically need it. In terms of gear, I was in all 450-463 gear (for both ret and prot sets) with the sha quest boots and the epic klaxxi JP legs on my tanking gear. I've since geared better, but I also finished Shadow pan rep, so it doesn't help me much.

I tried that is ret but wasn't able to survive it all. I could handle about 4 serpent binders+dragons and a single pack of dogs in my ret gear, but I kept dying on the full pull that I normally would do in prot. It could easily be lack of ret experience on my part though.

It's much easier to do big pulls as prot in Dread Wastes though. The iron maiden (edit: sorry, Iron Mantid rather) enhancement is amazing there with large groups.

benebarba wrote:o.0 I think in most of the areas, I haven't seen 30 quest mobs (not counting things like the flies that are in groups of like 5-8) in one area let alone close enough to snag them all. I'm lucky if I can round up 10 without someone tagging one or some rubber banding.

There are plenty of places to grab 30ish mobs in both Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes (well maybe not for blackguard...way to sparse, but for Wu lai and the mogu ones, that shouldn't be an issue). Just off the top of my head:

Scorpions/Turtles area - 4 groups of scorpions plus some turtles (have to watch cooldowns on this sometimes)
Sha touched areas - plenty of places to round up 30 bugs. The swarmers don't hit hard either, which is nice.
Mogu area - tons of places to get dog packs and pixie packs (they don't hit hard though). There's an area in the NW area of the island (I think it's NW) that has a lot of serpent binders and most people on my server don't go there for the quest. You have to use speed of light to grab a bunch though (and you have to actively tag them cause they are spaced out some) and you need to time things with their knockdowns once you have them grouped.
Bug island - this should be easy to find 30ish together...HOWEVER...I avoid this if there are regenerators (healer) or drones (really damaging spray attack). I typically only get 8-15 of these due to trying to avoid those mobs and not wanting to risk it. Also, avoid most elites if you try this...especially will breakers.

Now Golden lotus is harder for me to get even a group of 8 due to how farmed the dailies are, but when I was doing klaxxi and later on shadow pan, I didn't have much competition at all, so large groups were easy to get there.
jere

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 pm

halabar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

On the plus side, if you don't overpull, and do 1-3 at a time (3 is pushing it) with Renew and PoM and perhaps shield and some other spriest tools I haven't learned yet, you can still mow through pretty well, just sucks when you need drops and have to kill 30 to get them.

I don't mass pull, but I do chain pull on my spriest. Dot up 2-3, burn one down (keeping dots up on all) pull another, rinse and repeat.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 am

I'm having no problems on my relatively worse geared spriest on mobs. Its the easiest class I have at 90 for the Fatty Goatsteak daily. Remember Fear (cower glyph) and Psyfiend, and don't aoe, multidot with SW_P and enjoy the free MB's with .. DI? FDCL? - and the shield for 20% health when hit below 30% and Divine Start for another heal every 20 seconds (along with renew and PoM and the glyph).
Spreisting aoe is a breeze.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby jere » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:36 am

I always enjoy watching people fly in really fast to nab those goats and then pull the group back to an edge and start AoE'ing...not knowing what is about to come out next. Happens a lot less now than right after release, but still happens.
jere

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 am

jere wrote:I always enjoy watching people fly in really fast to nab those goats and then pull the group back to an edge and start AoE'ing...not knowing what is about to come out next. Happens a lot less now than right after release, but still happens.

It took me about 5 seconds to realize that the right way was to pull them to a wall :P

I'll round up as many as I can get - that's one of the areas I like because the mobs are close enough to really round up and burn. The klaxxi manacles quest and the GL keg quest makes me want to hit devs with heavy things though.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 am

We have some good news! Turns out that one of the proposed solutions on this thread was already planned and is currently being worked on by our dev team, they intend to implement a functionality that will convert excessive Valor Points into Justice Points in the near future.

Awesome!!! 'cept we don't need JP past a certain point. JP ilvl upgrades seem to only work on blue quality items. We've been drowning in JP since early Cata that we prolly have all possible heirlooms that can be purchased with JP for any class/role combo possible.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am

Klaudandus wrote:We've been drowning in JP since early Cata that we prolly have all possible heirlooms that can be purchased with JP for any class/role combo possible.

I don't...

Then again, I don't foresee myself overcapping VP any time soon either.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General