Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am

Skye1013 wrote:But how many people are going to keep up that pace once they no longer need the faction rep or have other sources of VP?

The point is the BMAH is an outlier. Blizz is notoriously slow to act in changing prices and such, so I highly doubt that they'll make any changes soon. The desirable items will keep selling, and that's all they really care about, a slow bleed of some of the "old gold".

On another note more related to real cost impact to players, I've noticed that the prices of herbs are going up, almost by 100% over the past few weeks. From the post launch herbing rush where they were down to 2G or so each, I had to buy Silkweed last night at 7G and GTL at 4G. The demand for raiding pots and the lack of herbers after they leveled are contributing (and perhaps some herbing bots banned?) Meanwhile, Golden Lotus prices are slowly falling, as people sell off their excess SoH through GL. I find it amusing that even as a Ins/tailor it's still easier to just sell the GL due to competition and laziness, lol.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:54 am

DMF is open as well, so maybe more people buying herbs to make decks?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 am

Skye1013 wrote:DMF is open as well, so maybe more people buying herbs to make decks?

Good point, that could be an added push, but Silkweed is the worst since it's needed for all the int pots. I'm not seeing the "20 stacks of 20" in Auctionator, but the scribes might be sucking them up.

Goblin senses tingling.. if the market swings back, might suck up low herbs after DMF and sit on them, if that is indeed what is happening.

halabar

Postby sahiel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Much as I enjoyed farming DM cards and churning out decks previously in Cata I actually found that at least on Medivh, the cheapest method seems to be simply buying the cards across both factions. I can often find them for 1k a card in the weeks between the DM faires, takes 2-3 weeks to build a deck but not like I can turn it in immediately anyways. Turning in the decks and then listing them for 25k once the DM shows up has worked every single time thus far, all the decks have sold within a day, I suspect Tiger deck will continue to sell well for the foreseeable future (much like Greatness did) however the rest, not so much.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Just saw this on my server:

The prices have plummeted in the last week, if it continues like this the jc mounts will be selling for under material cost. The black one is listed for 84999g.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Fetzie wrote:Just saw this on my server:

The prices have plummeted in the last week, if it continues like this the jc mounts will be selling for under material cost. The black one is listed for 84999g.

Hmm... need to check on my server. It's full of crafters willing to work for free.... >.>

halabar

Postby Winkle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am

My guildmate has already purchased a panther for 19k, i.e. at a loss to the crafter, incredible.
Winkle

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am

I think they may have nerfed the BMAH, there hasn't be raid gear or PVP gear there in almost a week, also last night I saw a Bombay cat listed with a starting bid of 1G, so clearly they've changed something.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Maybe they're finally realizing putting up stupid vendor and Argent Tourney pets for batshit insane prices is a waste of time.

I'd actually like to see some internal numbers on the amount of people actually buying half this crap that's thrown up there.
Teranoid

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

We had heroic raid gear three days in a row, before today. (Today it's plans, a pet, Raven Lord, and T3 Paladin boots.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Xfighter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm

We have a 509 neck in currently, hadnt seen any other gear for the previous few days. Seems like that chances of it going up have gone down a smidge from release.
Xfighter

Postby jere » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm

We had the bombay cat a month ago and it was very low price when I saw it. We've got a 509 cloak right now.
jere

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 am

Can't you get bombay cats from the cat lady near Stormwind? Or did she get removed with the new pet system?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 am

Yeah, we've got a 509 plate chestpiece up now. Does seem like the "drop rate" was reduced, but might be RNG.

halabar

Postby jere » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 am

I'm guessing RNG. There aren't a huge amount of data points yet to really say.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to General