Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 am

Holy has some fairly decent DPS right now ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Worldie wrote:Holy has some fairly decent DPS right now ;)

this is something I played around with levelling back in cataclysm when we had castable exorcism. The big problem there was hyou had no HP dump until 81 when you get Inquisition, and by that point Ret had also gained many tricks to be significantly superior.

So now that we have harsh words, what's the optimal grinding rotation for holy? I played with it on a dummy a week or so ago and couldn't really figure it out. It seemed like spamming Denounce and Holy Shock on CD and ignoring Judgement/Crusader Strike was the best dps?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 pm

My limited experience at 85 on my alt Paladin: Ret in Holy gear is faster than Holy in Holy gear.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Without a Ret spec, just round up ALL THE MOBS and aoe them down. Vengeance should help speed it up (though nothing is likely to be faster than Ret.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

Skye1013 wrote:Without a Ret spec, just round up ALL THE MOBS and aoe them down. Vengeance should help speed it up (though nothing is likely to be faster than Ret.)

Think that'll be limited if you are holy though :P

But yep - I quest as prot and get annoyed when the devs decide to space mobs out so I can't round up 8 of them at a time without one rubber banding. Or to make the lvl 90 dailies go faster, I grab a DPS or healy buddy and go nuts.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 am

benebarba wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Without a Ret spec, just round up ALL THE MOBS and aoe them down. Vengeance should help speed it up (though nothing is likely to be faster than Ret.)

But yep - I quest as prot and get annoyed when the devs decide to space mobs out so I can't round up 8 of them at a time without one rubber banding. Or to make the lvl 90 dailies go faster, I grab a DPS or healy buddy and go nuts.

Hah!

Two guildies and i always group together to do shadopan/ac dailies - we call it the shadopan express, we normally finish the quests in less than 25 mins..
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 am

Klaudandus wrote:
benebarba wrote:

Hah!

Two guildies and i always group together to do shadopan/ac dailies - we call it the shadopan express, we normally finish the quests in less than 25 mins..

Shado-Pan express. I like it.

Tonight, I'm going to begin declaring it like a station operator: "Shado-Pan express, with stops at the Golden Pagoda, Shado-Pan Garrison and Whichever-Temple-They-Say. ALL ABOARD!"

:P
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am

With golden lotus included it can take between 35 and 50 mins
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 am

With a Ret Spec: round up ALL THE MOBS and AoE them down using Seal of Light + Glyph of Divine Storm. It will be like twice as fast.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby jere » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 am

Sabindeus wrote:With a Ret Spec: round up ALL THE MOBS and AoE them down using Seal of Light + Glyph of Divine Storm. It will be like twice as fast.

I was less successful with that in my ret spec. I could handle smaller groups (8-12ish) in ret, but in prot I tend to round up tons of mobs (30+, especially in the klaxxi zone). I tried that in my ret spec and gear and died pretty quickly. Still, in Prot, pulls like that go really fast for me (I'm sure ret would be faster if I could figure out how to stay alive better). Klaxxi is even easier for me with the zone buffs. I can pull all kinds of stuff there as prot.
jere

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 am

Klaxxi works nice if you have Children of the Grave (i think?) the one that has a 50% of turning a corpse into an aoe bomb -- so if you round a bunch of adds, start with the ones that have the less total health. Best thing? adds that die to the bomb have a chance of turning into bombs... so as prot, the more targets you have the better cuz all of the sudden, you have all the adds dying to these aoe bombs and die really fast.

Really nice when its the scorpions and turtles
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 am

jere wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:With a Ret Spec: round up ALL THE MOBS and AoE them down using Seal of Light + Glyph of Divine Storm. It will be like twice as fast.

I was less successful with that in my ret spec. I could handle smaller groups (8-12ish) in ret, but in prot I tend to round up tons of mobs (30+, especially in the klaxxi zone). I tried that in my ret spec and gear and died pretty quickly. Still, in Prot, pulls like that go really fast for me (I'm sure ret would be faster if I could figure out how to stay alive better). Klaxxi is even easier for me with the zone buffs. I can pull all kinds of stuff there as prot.

o.0 I think in most of the areas, I haven't seen 30 quest mobs (not counting things like the flies that are in groups of like 5-8) in one area let alone close enough to snag them all. I'm lucky if I can round up 10 without someone tagging one or some rubber banding.
benebarba

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am

I'd probably get the one that gets the stacks from absorbing/avoiding hits that turns into an aoe damage/stun for my Enhancement as prot. The Augmentations are more of a toss up since none of them really scream prot to me, but for survival the Amber healing thingy (on the off chance you manage to pull "too much") or maybe the double jump. I generally like the Manipulation one, but I'm not sure what MC'd mob would be good against a group of 30+ :P.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:10 am

Again, get the ones that turn dead mobs into bombs!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am

Klaudandus wrote:Again, get the ones that turn dead mobs into bombs!

QFT. As a Tank, you'll have a blast (ahah). Grab ALL THE MOBS, then trail the mobs 50 yards and grab ALL THE MOBS again, repeat until satisfied, then focus fire the weakest. When the second bomb pops, enjoy the fireworks - it's not stopping anytime soon.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General