Remove Advertisements

Nikachelle's Mists of Pandaria Paladin Tank Gear List

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Nikachelle's Mists of Pandaria Paladin Tank Gear List

Postby Extermi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks for the list, it is really helpful for me. My only complained is that the linked tier heads have a bit too much spirit on them for my taste :-)

(Read: These are the holy ones being linked)
Extermi

Postby pbean » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 pm

As far as I can tell, the Blacksmithing items which are crafted using raid-dropped patterns are missing.
Gauntlets of Battle Command
Unyielding Bloodplate
Ornate Battleplate of the Master (intended as DPS item)

Bloodforged Warfists (DPS item with crit)

I find myself using filters like these quite often to find gear lists. :)

Hope this helps.
pbean

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

In light of haste being awesome and all that, I feel that the Jade Charioteer Figurine (item level 489, MGV Trash) deserves a mention.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am

Put up the Relic of Nizao, would you? The tank DMC trinket of the expansion. It's lovely when gearing up.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Aurzon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Just curious, if this is a "Paladin Tank Gear List" why are there Ret pieces (and also Holy pieces marked as Ret pieces) in the list? Thank you for the list though! It's a great resource. ^.^
Clicky for Armory link.
Aurzon

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Aurzon wrote:Just curious, if this is a "Paladin Tank Gear List" why are there Ret pieces (and also Holy pieces marked as Ret pieces) in the list? Thank you for the list though! It's a great resource. ^.^

Not sure which pieces you're referring to specifically (as I can't view the links at the moment), but:

If a piece has hit/exp/haste/mastery and not crit, it's just as valid for a tank (see Theck's guide under basic training.)

If it has hit/exp and crit, it might still be an upgrade compared to a piece which has neither hit/exp (as in the control build hit/exp is valued quite a bit.)

Additionally, if a piece has int, but includes haste/mastery, the loss of str is negligible compared to the gain on secondary stats.

Someone please correct me if my assumptions on why they might have been included in the list are wrong.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelerei » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 am

Something else that's worth taking into consideration is the "normal elite" items (ilvl 503) and "heroic elite" items (ilvl 516) that drop from Protectors of the Endless if the raid kills Protector Kaolan last. (Think back to the Assembly of Iron in Ulduar -- same concept here.)

So, we can add to the list:

Neck:

ilevel 516 [Shackle of Eversparks] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Heroic Elite)
ilevel 516 [Kaolan's Withering Necklace] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Heroic Elite)
ilevel 503 [Shackle of Eversparks] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Normal Elite)
ilevel 503 [Kaolan's Withering Necklace] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Normal Elite)

Wrist:

ilevel 516 [Bracers of Defiled Earth] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Heroic Elite)
ilevel 503 [Bracers of Defiled Earth] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Normal Elite)

Feet:

ilevel 516 [Deepwater Greatboots] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Heroic Elite)
ilevel 503 [Deepwater Greatboots] - Protector Kaolan, Terrace of Endless Spring (Normal Elite)

Then, someone mentioned the rare 476 drops from the 5 man dungeons. We have two items of interest to us: [Inelava, Spirit of Inebriation] is a 1H sword from Yan-Zhu the Uncasked in Stormstout Brewery, and [Helios, Durand's Soul of Purity] is a hit/haste necklace from High Inquisitor Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery (expect to fight plate DPS for this).

I'd also give an honourable mention to [Ook's Hozen Slicer] as it's pretty much the only pre-raid tanking weapon available. (Inelava has a 0.3% drop rate according to Wowhead; as such, I don't consider it "available".)
Kelerei

Postby Loliinacan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Your links for the tier helms link to the holy ones instead of the prot.
Loliinacan

Postby mclem » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Skye1013 wrote:If it has hit/exp and crit, it might still be an upgrade compared to a piece which has neither hit/exp (as in the control build hit/exp is valued quite a bit.)

...on which note, I've been umming and ahhing over the Ring of the Golden Stair for valor instead of Alani's. Expertise and crit vs. Dodge/Parry. Worth adding to the list?
mclem

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 am

We just had the discussion on the Gear Check thread - it's a very good piece, but there's an even BETTER valor piece coming with 5.1, so you might hold onto your horses just yet.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:14 pm

An update to this is coming... ONCE THIS FRIGGING SITE STOPS CLOUDFLARING MY ASS. ARGH.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:49 am

Nikachelle wrote:An update to this is coming... ONCE THIS FRIGGING SITE STOPS CLOUDFLARING MY ASS. ARGH.

CF.gif
CF.gif (817.22 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:43 am

It's like... "awww kitteh" then "ewww Cloud Flare" then "OMG HE USED COMIC SANS /rage"
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 am

Nikachelle wrote:It's like... "awww kitteh" then "ewww Cloud Flare" then "OMG HE USED COMIC SANS /rage"

I'm going to sound utterly moronic, but tried working on a formatted version on a word process then do an edit -> select all -> paste -> submit when the server is stable?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 am

Sagara wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:It's like... "awww kitteh" then "ewww Cloud Flare" then "OMG HE USED COMIC SANS /rage"

I'm going to sound utterly moronic, but tried working on a formatted version on a word process then do an edit -> select all -> paste -> submit when the server is stable?

Problem was I needed to read through the additions people had made and I couldn't even get to the second page to read comments. Anyway, it's stable now, I'll likely get it done sometime during the work day today.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice