Re-rolling on the other faction; how do I see everything?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re-rolling on the other faction; how do I see everything?

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

So basically I've only seriously played alliance till now. But I want to see the game from the other side.

I currently have a 34 Tauren Paladin that I started on Saturday, and starting from scratch as a tourist I have a few issues.

- you can't dungeon without getting way over-level for the zone you're currently in. I did each dungeon as it was unlocked, usually just once, and had to skip the last half of Azshara and Ashenvale because things were turning grey. A dungeon will get you at minimum a whole level. Early ones more. Doing a "quest hub" seems to net about 1/3-1/2 a level. So a single dungeon will put you way past where you "should" be.

- you certainly can't do multiple zones in the same level range without getting over level. As in, there's just no point to doing Azshara and Northern Barrens. This was not nearly as true at release. Sometimes you'd have quests from 2-3 zones and only rarely did you have to start abandoning them. I have maybe four quests in my log now whereas before I can remember my log filling up from trying to get enough to level, and them being all spread out across hard-to-reach areas and multiple zones.

- As a greedy goblin, I have to mention that money is no issue if you pick gathering profs. I got 33 gold for a stack of light leather on Zul'jin. I now have 500 without even trying and having spent 120 on bags. I'm making sure skin all kills and hit every mining node that lights up as I go about my business, but I'm certainly not farming.

So to see all of the horde side I think it's pretty clear that I'm going to need multiple toons. As a "fun project", come up with some leveling paths (assume no or little dungeoning) that would give me Loremaster of both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms if you summed them all up and will keep me doing yellow/orange quests the whole time. Take as many toons as you need. Since I'm starting fresh, I'll need alts. :-D

Also, if an Alliance zone has been sufficiently re-done that it merits doing, please mention it. Although I may just mow through it with my main. I haven't leveled an Alliance toon since the lull between the last WotLK raid and the release of Cataclysm, so I know there's a lot of new material there.
Brute

Re: Re-rolling on the other faction; how do I see everything

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 am

Brute wrote:Also, if an Alliance zone has been sufficiently re-done that it merits doing, please mention it. Although I may just mow through it with my main. I haven't leveled an Alliance toon since the lull between the last WotLK raid and the release of Cataclysm, so I know there's a lot of new material there.

Definitely Westfall and Redridge and Badlands. Maybe Southern Barrens, Ashenvale, Swamp of Sorrows, Blasted Lands.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Brute wrote:Also, if an Alliance zone has been sufficiently re-done that it merits doing, please mention it. Although I may just mow through it with my main. I haven't leveled an Alliance toon since the lull between the last WotLK raid and the release of Cataclysm, so I know there's a lot of new material there.

Definitely Westfall and Redridge and Badlands. Maybe Southern Barrens, Ashenvale, Swamp of Sorrows, Blasted Lands.

Did Westfall already, started on Redridge but I need to finish it. Questing goes fast when you're 85 in a 10-20 zone with turbo flying. Thanks for the other recommendations.

I guess I could just make an excel sheet of all the different zones with horde quests and line them up to make multiple paths for different toons. I'm being sent to unexpected places since so much of old world has been re-tuned, with mob levels changing everywhere you look.
Brute

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

I generally use this chart: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... elflow.jpg - doesn't include MoP, but its a really nice visual aid for where you go (and what zones exclude achother)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Return to General