[10N] The Spirit Kings

Postby Phonic » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 am

Any tips/guides?

Attempting this tonight after we get spiritbreaker

thanks!
Phonic

Re: [10N] The Spirit Kings

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Keep the bosses generally centered in the room. It helps for dps dodging things like Volley and Flaking Orders.

Keep the shadow adds against the walls so you know when they're respawning.

Do not do any dot aoe when you all get MC'd.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby heuvarius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 am

Use AD to eat the first Annihilate from Qiang and watch yourself do silly DPS.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 am

Didn't they change Vengeance to ignore overkill?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 am

Overkill does not add to vengeance indeed.
BUT if you use all your CDs and shield of the Rigtheous, the overkill damage will be very small, in fact if you use everything AD wont even procc.
You get instant 600k vengeance.
Treck

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 am

Treck wrote:Overkill does not add to vengeance indeed.
BUT if you use all your CDs and shield of the Rigtheous, the overkill damage will be very small, in fact if you use everything AD wont even procc.
You get instant 600k vengeance.

I thought that was the case when I tried it on normal, but I wasn't logging most of our normal modes and couldn't confirm. Thanks, Treck!
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:53 am

Get an addon that shows you vengeance tbh.
Proper DPSers should know when their trinkets procc and duration left on hero and such.
I really think tanks should keep track of their current vengeance so that you dont pop CDs when you have like 20k vengeance, when we can have like 80k.
Treck

Postby Petrus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:29 am

I'm curious about damage intake on Spirit Kings. I was tanking it with my haste/mastery setup (capped hit and exp), and was getting totally wrecked by Meng the Demented when he had Crazed. Our healers just couldn't keep me up.

We swapped to our warrior tank and killed it two pulls later.

However, on my last pull and the warrior's first pull, both of which were ~7 minutes long (within 10 seconds of one another) and had the same boss order (Qiang/Subetai/Meng/Zian), I took ~9.7m damage and he took ~8.8 million.

I know the haste/mastery setup isn't designed to avoid damage but rather to smooth it out, but it's pretty clear that the warrior was vastly easier to heal than I was and his damage intake was significantly lower than mine. Unfortunately, I don't have logs, but is there some fight-specific reason for this or am I going crazy and not doing something fundamental here?
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Meng with high Crazed just needs ample cooldowns. At 50 Insanity, he's hitting for 2x damage, and at 100 Insanity, he'll be at 3x damage. It's pretty much the one place in the entire fight where tank cooldowns are useful anyway, so just use all of them during this phase.
Darielle

Postby wawel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 am

Few usefull information for guys who are to tank it for the very first time:

- Wait for boss to spawn. After that all raid can move to the middle and stay there with out agro'ing boss ( not exactly in the mid but a bit closer to his spawn point ). You just need to check thi spot yourself as it makes pull a lot easier.

- State on vent/ts/chat where you will move when he casts flanking orders. I always step back even if it is not shortest way to avoid it but its just easier for ppl to stack/move.

- Set ppl who will dps raid grp when you need to put dmg on your group. There is nonething worse than retarded dk/rogue doting ppl or mage poping orb just to wipe grp.

That should be it as tbh its easiest boss you can 8 man ( as we did when 1 guy dced and other forgot to move away from Anihilate ). :)
wawel

Postby Nova » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Petrus wrote:I know the haste/mastery setup isn't designed to avoid damage but rather to smooth it out, but it's pretty clear that the warrior was vastly easier to heal than I was and his damage intake was significantly lower than mine. Unfortunately, I don't have logs, but is there some fight-specific reason for this or am I going crazy and not doing something fundamental here?

I'm no expert, but I think overall we Paladins are going to take more overall damage than other tanks, for the time being. The point is, as you say, to avoid spikes.

As recommended above, blow cooldowns when Meng has high insanity. You can use Holy Avenger to chain many Shields of the Righteous. That, and a glyphed Divine Protection should do the trick...
Nova

Postby Astronomic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Nova wrote: I'm no expert, but I think overall we Paladins are going to take more overall damage than other tanks, for the time being. The point is, as you say, to avoid spikes.

I've heard (and observed) DKs being more spiky, though in my personal experience our paladin is just a better player than our DK.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)