[10N] Garalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Garalon

Postby daishan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 am

My guild will be trying the fat bug tonight, any tips ppl would be willing to share would be much appreciated.
I know the enrage has been stealth nerfed from 6 min to 7 so not so tight now but still looks challenging.
We're going to start off with me and my monk co tank in tank specs to soak the swipes, I've thought about soaking them in ret as looking at logs tanks don't seem to get much vengeance and the swipe doesn't look to hit that hard on plate.
We're also looking to pass pheromones between the 2 tanks and 2 ranged each kiting for about 30 sec.
What do you guys and girls think stack pungency up higher? Have tanks go dps and a holy pally and ret soak swipes?
Thx in advance for any input :)
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Re: [10N] Garalon

Postby Bellanka » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 am

2 tanks and 2 ranged on Pheremones worked great for us. make sure you have a Shadow Priest or similar take it from the tanks, so they can disperse and not get stuck standing in a pheremone puddle after stomp. And if you have a rogue, leave him on the legs as much as possible and keep everyone else on the boss. Our Rogue was maintaining 120k the whole fight.

Save SoTR for his cleaves and crushes. It's ridiculous how little damage you take from those if you can time it right.

The new enrage timer makes him much easier.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 am

Thx for that, nice to know that 2 tanks 2 ranged works well.
Any idea if every man for himself gets ppl out of the stun?
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:43 am

No clue, we play the superior faction ;)
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby frontallobe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 am

2 tanks and 2 ranged on Pheremones worked great for us. make sure you have a Shadow Priest or similar take it from the tanks, so they can disperse and not get stuck standing in a pheremone puddle after stomp. And if you have a rogue, leave him on the legs as much as possible and keep everyone else on the boss. Our Rogue was maintaining 120k the whole fight.

Save SoTR for his cleaves and crushes. It's ridiculous how little damage you take from those if you can time it right.

The new enrage timer makes him much easier.

Great advice. We're trying him tonight as well. The stealth nerf should help but he still looks like a nightmare. Tips are awesome. Thank you.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Kai » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 am

we used 2 tanks, 3 healers, rogue, mage, mage, hunter, elemental. bloodlusted at the start, all dps on the legs, casters stood in the weak spots. we kited him counterclockwise and ignored the front right leg. if you slow him too much, it actually gets annoying and that leg was by far the most annoying to reach/target as we moved him along the wall.
once 3 legs were down, we had only the rogue on legs (doing 165k dps throughout the 6:30 fight, melees are good for something after all!) and he called for assistance if he fell behind. the range dps were standing middlish and just shooting the boss, ignoring the weak spots zones.

the first 2 kitesr were the two tanks and then 2 healers and back to the tanks. note that the raid dmg increases with the number of stacks on the current kiter. around 15-20 it gets annoying. if you want to 2 heal it, I'd probably cap it at 15 and use 5 kiters. the non-tank kiters should always run far enough ahead to not stand in the meteor-cleave.
Kai

Postby Ulrik » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Checked my guilds logs after trying out Hand of Purity for pheromones. Doesn't do anything.
Ulrik

Postby Darielle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 pm

The fight has been hotfixed to a 7 min Berserk instead of 6 min, btw.
Darielle

Postby Kai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 am

Ulrik wrote:Checked my guilds logs after trying out Hand of Purity for pheromones. Doesn't do anything.

it should affect the dmg the affected guy takes? I bubbled while I had it. Raid dmg kept going, debuff kept stacking up but I just didn't take any damage. I suppose HoPurity will have a similar affect in reducing the damage on the current target, but won't affect the aoe.
Kai

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 am

Seven minutes is still pretty damn brutal without a rogue. 5% wipes :x
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby daishan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am

We decided to clear MV first last night so didn't get many pulls in, got it to 12% at 7:14 without trying to max dps much, we do have a rogue (thank god) so can imagine 7 min will look pretty brutal if you don't have good classes. Not a hard enrage so gives you some wiggle room.
I can't imagine HoPur will work even on the current target as pungency is just a stacking debuff not a dot, all the dmg is from the raid wide aoe. I think clemency could be good for this fight BoP a squishy caster or healer before the stomp so they don't take dmg, forgot to check if it stops them from getting stunned as well.

Edit: I got it wrong it is a hard enrage, massive crush one shots the raid I don't know if my logs are wrong with the 7:14 wipe or just that, that is the enrage time.
Daishan
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 am

stacking buff that deals periodic damage, it might work. either way, the pungency target isn't the problem anyway. the more stacks you have, the higher the raid dmg scales up and the one guy with it doesn't make a difference.
HoProt should work against the stun, but that wasn't really a big problem for us at least. the damage isn't so bad, you just need to switch often enough to keep the general raid dmg low enough. never going above 20 stacks worked fine for us, using 2.5 healers with a disc priest dpsing most of the fight and healing after stomps.
Kai

Postby Bellanka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 am

Try to keep in mind that you should also plan your kite path for maximum DPS efficiency. We had a really rough time of it when people were just running around like kittens on catnip, planning our route and making sure the pheromones were overlapping helped quite a bit.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 am

We got our kill last night. We finished right at about 6:40. Opened the fight with hero and the entire raid burning legs. After the legs were down the ranged started on the boss while the rogue continued working on the legs. We moved counter-clockwise making it very hard for the rogue to hit the front right leg so when it was up myself and the co-tank would burn it down. We did 1.5 tank this fight. I tanked as Prot Pally while our Prot warrior went Arms and did some stance dancing. This helped tremendously with our enrage timer (we were hitting enrage and first pull with him stance dancing we killed it) We did a Ranged DPS - Tank - Co-Tank - Healer rotation. DPS was a warlock, then myself (pally tank), Warrior Stance Dance and finally Monk Heals.

Our kill video My View - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjBCEZM89g&feature=plcp
Kill Video Boomkin View - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDi1FAXUXWE&feature=plcp
Logs for the Night - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q8i3faw1768h25w5/
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 am

We ended up settling on a kite path around the outside edge of the platform with pheremone swaps occuring in the center of each side of the rectangle (obviously you don't want to swap in a corner as it gets crowded + it's easy for the pheremone target to eat the cleave).

This fight was designed for a Paladin tank, hold ShoRs until just before every cleave/crush and your healers will be falling asleep from boredom. Once your raid stops forcing crushes and gets a nice clean rotation going for pheremone swaps this fight is easily 2-healable, don't let your experience learning it convince you otherwise.
baleogthefierce

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)