Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 am

Skye1013 wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Sounds like a cache glitch. I think my client still shows the VP Honored items as requiring Revered.

Could be. I had just installed NPCScan and I was hunting rares at the time. I had deleted my cache folder to start out fresh, so possibly related.

Mine did that as well Friday night during raid.. haven't seen the problem since.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Vengeance Changes clarification posted this evening/afternoon/morning depending on where in the world you live:

Daxxarri wrote:There has been some confusion about the recent changes to Vengeance that we’d like to clear up. Two things have changed with Vengeance lately:

• Oct 8 - Vengeance should now ramp up more quickly. Avoidance will now grant Vengeance based on the average damage of the avoided NPC auto-attack, instead of just refreshing existing Vengeance. This does not apply to enemy special attacks.
There should be an addition to this: Vengeance was also reduced by 10% at the time that hotfix was noted. We apologize for that being missed in the patch notes. Vengeance now accrues at a rate of 1.8% of damage taken, down from 2.0%.

• Oct 16 - Fixed an issue with the way that Vengeance is calculated that could cause very large but infrequent spikes of damage to grant much more than the intended amount of Vengeance.

Based on the hits a tank takes, Vengeance attempts to predict what 50% of average Vengeance for that level of incoming damage will be, and bumps the tank straight to that level. However, it previously based that calculation on a 1.5 second attack speed. It now bases the calculation on the enemy’s auto attack speed for auto attacks, and a 60 second interval for special attacks.

Tanks will still get the expected amount of Vengeance from the damage taken. This change just means that the first hit from a slow-attacking boss will bump Vengeance straight up to the expected amount.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:21 pm

So am I reading this correctly?
Old version = you take 2 mill damage, you get vengeance as if you would keep taking that ammount of damage.
New version = When you take a damage spike, it averages the damage out over the past 60sec, and then gives you vengeance.
Or what am i missing?
Treck

Postby Darielle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Ish.
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Basically they completely negating the "oh i will eat a stupid hit to have stupid vengeance and win the meters".

Fine by me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Not completely, but instead of getting 600k, you get 100k, so you do still get a bit out of it, its just not really worth as much.
Treck

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 am

October 25

* General
The Valor Point rewards from random Dungeons, Challenge Mode Dungeons and Scenarios have increased.

Can anyone check how much they've changed?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 am

80 for first random hc, 40 for first scenario, then half for the following.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:57 am

Instead of 60 and 30.
I guess more is nice, since capping is pretty annoying once you stop doing all dailys.
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am

Looks like they've changed run speed while dead again. We're running at 165% in spirit form now.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Did the guild bonus increase or is that a base increase?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Am I crazy, or did the enrage timer on Garalon increase by a minute?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 pm

You're not crazy. It was hotfixed to a 7 min Berserk instead of 6 min.
Darielle

Postby Bellanka » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Darielle wrote:You're not crazy. It was hotfixed to a 7 min Berserk instead of 6 min.

I was hoping my threats of cutting people where they pee made the DPS step it up, but nope ... stealth nerf. Bah.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm

THey also made it so that his Mend Leg is Faster and his Crush is "slower" (I'm guessing more delay between the passing and the Crush? I'll have to see during raid).
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General