I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Postby Ardain » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:36 am

So in Experts i feel Fine i can mass pull and easily live

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ain/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bz3v ... details/1/

Is my WoL from last night i felt like i was getting Hamslammed super hard by most bosses i am new to paladin tanking.

Im not very good at understanding WoL

I felt like i was doing everything right but to be getting hit so hard in the face i thought something must be wrong, I know my Expertise is a little low but im figuring that can't be all of it?.

Can anyone offer any advice please !
Ardain

Re: I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Postby daishan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 am

At a quick glance the only things I'd change about your gear are switch the parry cogwheel for a exp one and get a belt buckle if you have the gold.
As for the logs your sacred shield up time seems a little on the low side 40% ish for the stone guard attempts, you should aim for 70-80% uptime going for 100% uptime will cost you holy power generation so less SotR.
The biggest thing from those logs is you didn't look to be using SoI very much it's a lot of self healing and melee splash healing if you use the battle healer glyph, for quite a small dps cost.
Hope that helps a little only on my phone so most likely other tips that ppl can add.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardain » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 pm

I have a Exp one in there i was thinking about getting rid of parry for a haste one and taking my two stam jc gems out and putting in 480 mastery ones and a 320 mastery gem in my belt instead?
Ardain

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm

If you're low on exp, I'd put in exp gems where possible over mastery (maybe even hybrid exp/mastery or exp/haste if they're yellow slots.) I can't look at your links, but are you reforged towards hit/exp?

Cogwheels for the trinket ideally will be hit/exp and either haste or mastery. If it's the goggles, I'd say hit/exp (possibly allowing you to reforge some of your hit to exp/haste/mastery on other pieces.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice