Remove Advertisements

I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Postby Ardain » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:36 am

So in Experts i feel Fine i can mass pull and easily live

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ain/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bz3v ... details/1/

Is my WoL from last night i felt like i was getting Hamslammed super hard by most bosses i am new to paladin tanking.

Im not very good at understanding WoL

I felt like i was doing everything right but to be getting hit so hard in the face i thought something must be wrong, I know my Expertise is a little low but im figuring that can't be all of it?.

Can anyone offer any advice please !
Ardain

Re: I feel like im getting crushed in raids.

Postby daishan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 am

At a quick glance the only things I'd change about your gear are switch the parry cogwheel for a exp one and get a belt buckle if you have the gold.
As for the logs your sacred shield up time seems a little on the low side 40% ish for the stone guard attempts, you should aim for 70-80% uptime going for 100% uptime will cost you holy power generation so less SotR.
The biggest thing from those logs is you didn't look to be using SoI very much it's a lot of self healing and melee splash healing if you use the battle healer glyph, for quite a small dps cost.
Hope that helps a little only on my phone so most likely other tips that ppl can add.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardain » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 pm

I have a Exp one in there i was thinking about getting rid of parry for a haste one and taking my two stam jc gems out and putting in 480 mastery ones and a 320 mastery gem in my belt instead?
Ardain

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm

If you're low on exp, I'd put in exp gems where possible over mastery (maybe even hybrid exp/mastery or exp/haste if they're yellow slots.) I can't look at your links, but are you reforged towards hit/exp?

Cogwheels for the trinket ideally will be hit/exp and either haste or mastery. If it's the goggles, I'd say hit/exp (possibly allowing you to reforge some of your hit to exp/haste/mastery on other pieces.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice