Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

You can with fishing. The sealed crates drop them occasionally.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 am

Skye1013 wrote:You can with fishing. The sealed crates drop them occasionally.

But not consistently enough to be a system to get them. I've gotten trillium ore once, not going to depend on those for a source of ore.

Best source is still killing higher level stuff.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Might not be quick, but it's still doable ;). And if you're a big fan of fishing, but not killing things, then it sounds like a win to me.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 am

Skye1013 wrote:Might not be quick, but it's still doable ;). And if you're a big fan of fishing, but not killing things, then it sounds like a win to me.

Considering you can get 16 motes a day from the farm, getting 2 motes a week from fishing is hardly worthwhile, especially given the better drop rate in just killing stuff.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 am

So is the shuffle even worth it in MoP? I'm sitting on a giant amount of lesser gems and I'm debating whether or not it's just better to take the risk in getting perfect gems or just make them into rings and whatnot.

Also whoever decided every gem xmute should use a golden lotus is an idiot and should be fired.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 am

Teranoid wrote:So is the shuffle even worth it in MoP? I'm sitting on a giant amount of lesser gems and I'm debating whether or not it's just better to take the risk in getting perfect gems or just make them into rings and whatnot.

Too early to tell. Not enough sockets yet, and the rate of gearing has been slowed due to the new LFR loot system. I've sold some perfect gems, but the rings and whatnot sell SLOWLY.

However, what seems to be happening, at least on my server, is we are battling mature economies. Not a lot of room for major moves.

The other issue is the new dailies, which mean that people are spending a lot more time on mains, and a lot less time on alts, which result in less demand for a lot of stuff. A lot of alts are getting mothballed.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 am

I was thinking more of just DE'ing the rings. All I know is sitting on 200+ of every lesser gem is annoying and eating away at my already limited bank space.
Teranoid

Postby sahiel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 am

I've actually had great success selling the rare rings for 250-400g depending on the suffix, I suspect it all depends on how many people level alts on your server. Mine has very little raiding and such Horde side, so people tend to spend a lot of time gearing and leveling alts, which has led to a very healthy state of sales for both the Cata and MoP rare rings/necks from JCing.

The shuffle is alive and well, it just ignores perfect cuts on most realms as the jewellry gives a far better rate of return. Ghost Iron > Prospect > Cut/sell rares > craft uncommons into JC gear > sell rares > DE uncommons > sell scrolls.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm

sahiel wrote:I've actually had great success selling the rare rings for 250-400g depending on the suffix, I suspect it all depends on how many people level alts on your server. Mine has very little raiding and such Horde side, so people tend to spend a lot of time gearing and leveling alts, which has led to a very healthy state of sales for both the Cata and MoP rare rings/necks from JCing.

The shuffle is alive and well, it just ignores perfect cuts on most realms as the jewellry gives a far better rate of return. Ghost Iron > Prospect > Cut/sell rares > craft uncommons into JC gear > sell rares > DE uncommons > sell scrolls.

This...100% this.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Holyblaze wrote:
sahiel wrote:I've actually had great success selling the rare rings for 250-400g depending on the suffix, I suspect it all depends on how many people level alts on your server. Mine has very little raiding and such Horde side, so people tend to spend a lot of time gearing and leveling alts, which has led to a very healthy state of sales for both the Cata and MoP rare rings/necks from JCing.

This...100% this.

Hasn't worked as well on my server, what has been working better is DEing the cloth and leather items, for those that can craft them.

In other news, the best shuffle still might be the cooking mats.

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Gems are tanked on my server. We're talking ~50g for Bold/Brilliant/Delicate. Primals are all below 1k (many for MUCH less.) I kind of wonder if that's Blizz's intention... prevent people from building up massive stockpiles of gold while funneling a lot of it out with the BMAH/mounts/etc.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 am

The enchanting mats seem to be working.. sold a couple of the rare crafted rings as well. Anything is better than them rotting I suppose.

Cut gems if they aren't pvp related seem to not be worth shit on Stormreaver sooo.. guess I'll just try and roll them into JC mounts.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 am

Teranoid wrote:The enchanting mats seem to be working.. sold a couple of the rare crafted rings as well. Anything is better than them rotting I suppose.

Cut gems if they aren't pvp related seem to not be worth shit on Stormreaver sooo.. guess I'll just try and roll them into JC mounts.

I think part of it may also be people are still trying to figure out what cuts to use. Some of the PVP ones that I'm trying to unload from the discovery process are down to 5G or so (that's 5G for rare gems). The good red cuts still aren't over 200G. Metas are in the 1,000-1,500 range depending on the cut.

But the gem prices (and the sales) have been slow enough with too many players that I've been making my gold elsewhere. Enchanting is busy too, too many campers to make many sales.

With all the dailies and rep needs, I don't have the time to properly manage my markets.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah...the JC gem market is shit I have to say. The rings are still selling good @300-500g (Compare that to the lame ass 5-40g for a rare cut)and Trns the Primal Meta has been a great boon for me as well. THough I am sad to say that even those are down to 600g now :(
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby oldboyz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 am

i confirm same situation on my serveur : so small margin on all markets now... (i made some good margin previous week on gemm 300+, glyph 200+, meta 2000, JC ring, but very very low volume)

no time IG to try to better control the AH (thanks to PITA dailies and my 3 lv90 to manage)

look like the best way to make the most gold these days is to do it the old way : simply farm herb&ore all day long
oldboyz

PreviousNext

Return to General