Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 pm

It's Philly, one of the reasons that I was ok with getting him in the trade. If my trade deadline wasn't this week, I would have thought about trading him after. As it stands, I will probably use him for the bye, and then drop him, and use the roster spot to speculate on someone for later. At this point, I'm hooking my ship to RGIII and setting sail. He'll win it for me, or lose it for me. (thankfully the Steelers game didn't ruin me this week)

STARTERS
QB - Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
RB - Jamaal Charles, KC RB
RB - Willis McGahee, Den RB
WR - Victor Cruz, NYG WR
WR - Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
TE - Brent Celek, Phi TE
FL - Steve Johnson, Buf WR
D - Chargers D/ST D/ST
K - Matt Prater, Den K

Bench
Rob Gronkowski, NE TE (Bye)
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
Robbie Gould, Chi K
Domenik Hixon, NYG WR
Danny Woodhead, NE RB
Stevan Ridley, NE RB (Bye)
Tony Romo, Dal QB

I'm actually pretty pleased with my team right now. Hixon, Woodhead, and Gould are hold overs from Bye Weeks that I haven't replaced yet. I'm actually trying to replace all three right now, just waiting out waivers.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

The worst part about this season compared to others is that, at least for a couple of people in my league, we all agreed that after the third or fourth round it felt like "hmm which third string player who will never probably play a down short of an injury apocalypse should I take".

The waiver wire is devoid of anyone with any actual talent 99% of the time so when Amendola went down my choices were nonexistent to the point where with some of them I said to myself "holy shit they still play in the NFL?"

At a glance I guess I ave a really solid team and I'm really happy with how I drafted this year but man.. it's been really rough at times.
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Teranoid wrote:The worst part about this season compared to others is that, at least for a couple of people in my league, we all agreed that after the third or fourth round it felt like "hmm which third string player who will never probably play a down short of an injury apocalypse should I take".

The waiver wire is devoid of anyone with any actual talent 99% of the time so when Amendola went down my choices were nonexistent to the point where with some of them I said to myself "holy shit they still play in the NFL?"

At a glance I guess I ave a really solid team and I'm really happy with how I drafted this year but man.. it's been really rough at times.

Yeah, the lack of "impact" players on the waiver wire is abysmal. Though, I'm currently in the process of trying to get the Falcons K (who is still available?!), if that happens, I'm going to be dropping both of my K's.

A buddy of mine drafted a team that would have been rolling the league... in 2011. Rivers, C Johnson, Fred Jackson, Megatron, Andre Johnson. he's currently 2-6.

Hard to believe NO ONE drafted Amendola in my league. I picked him up as a FA just in time for him to get smashed in the shoulder. I'm watching the wire, hoping to pick him back up.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

I dont play FF -- but why the hell would someone pick Rivers?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 am

Klaudandus wrote:I dont play FF -- but why the hell would someone pick Rivers?

Because in terms of Fantasy Football, in many league formats, he has been the #1 Fantasy Scoring QB in the league.

You get points for Yards, Touchdowns, and Rushing Yards from your quarterback. Some league formats give you points for Completions as well.

Rivers had a good run for several years where he was a really good option. Maybe not Rodgers / Brees level, but still a really solid option. This year? Not so much He is the #28th ranked QB. In my league, that puts him behind even Brandon Weelchair in terms of Fantasy Points.

I'm actually pretty surprised at some of the QB's that are still available while being stuck with Rivers. The problem might be, that Rivers has the "undroppable" tag, which means you can't dump him at the side of the road.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 am

THE SKY IS FALLING THE LAKERS LOST... I hate this time of year, it's going to be a long 7 months... every year I hate the NBA more.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Spanier, Schultz and Curley formally charged with conspiring to cover up the Sandusky sex scandal
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/bre ... 48121.html
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

I wonder if Reid will be fired by the end of the season... the players are going with one of those players-only meeting, which is normally a bad sign more often than not, and Reid being on the record that Vick will continue to be their starting QB down the road...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 am

Klaudandus wrote:I wonder if Reid will be fired by the end of the season... the players are going with one of those players-only meeting, which is normally a bad sign more often than not, and Reid being on the record that Vick will continue to be their starting QB down the road...

If he is fired before Shurmur, we have a serious problem.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 am

Yeah, you said that earlier already =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 am

Klaudandus wrote:Yeah, you said that earlier already =P

And I'll stick to it. Personally, I don't really get what the Eagles Fans are so bent about. It's not even that Reid is mediocre. .602 Winning Percentage? 9 playoff seasons? 1 trip to the super bowl? 11 winning seasons?

Yeah... Cry me a river.

Norv Turner though? He's mediocre. 17 years as a head coach, .479 Winning Percentage, 4 Playoff Seasons? That is mediocre.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 am

You're talking about Philly... they boo Santa Claus
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Klaudandus wrote:You're talking about Philly... they boo Santa Claus

That's true. I forgot. Philly hates everything. Even my hate for change in WoW didn't compare to Philly's rampant hate.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 am

Shoju wrote:

That's true. I forgot. Philly hates everything. Even my hate for change in WoW didn't compare to Philly's rampant hate.

Add to that the Eagles, unlike some of the teams you root for, always have hope.. yet consistently come up short. Unfulfilled expectations breed hate as well. If you don't expect much, hard to be disappointed (which doesn't explain Norv).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:

Add to that the Eagles, unlike some of the teams you root for, always have hope.. yet consistently come up short. Unfulfilled expectations breed hate as well. If you don't expect much, hard to be disappointed (which doesn't explain Norv).

I guess I don't see how 9 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl appearance is coming up short, unless you are saying that since they didn't rattle off 6 super bowls with McNabb, that somehow Reid is a bad Coach.

I mean. Here we are:

Code: Select all
8   Pittsburgh Steelers      6   2
8   Dallas Cowboys         5   3
7   New England Patriots      3   4
6   Denver Broncos         2   4
5   San Francisco 49ers      5   0
5   Green Bay Packers      4   1
5   New York Giants         4   1
5   Washington Redskins      3   2
5   Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders   3   2
5   Miami Dolphins         2   3
4   Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts   2   2
4   Minnesota Vikings      0   4
4   Buffalo Bills         0   4
3   Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams*   1   2
2   Kansas City Chiefs      1   1
2   Chicago Bears         1   1
2   Cincinnati Bengals      0   2
2   Philadelphia Eagles      0   2
1   New York Jets         1   0
1   Baltimore Ravens      1   0
1   Tampa Bay Buccaneers      1   0
1   New Orleans Saints      1   0
1   San Diego Chargers      0   1
1   Atlanta Falcons         0   1
1   Tennessee Titans      0   1
1   Carolina Panthers      0   1
1   Seattle Seahawks      0   1
1   Arizona Cardinals      0   1
0   Cleveland Browns      0   0
0   Detroit Lions         0   0
0   Jacksonville Jaguars      0   0
0   Houston Texans         0   0

Every Team in the League's Super Bowl Appearances and W/L. So, the Philadelphia Eagles
have been to the same number of Super Bowls as 4 other teams.
They have been to the Super Bowl more than 14 Teams.
They have the same number of wins (ZERO) as 14 Teams.

In 46 Super Bowls, we have seen 18 Different Winners. 56% of the league has won the Super Bowl. 44% of the teams in the League have not. I guess I don't see why the fans think that they are entitled to bash a coach who has consistently put a winning team on the field. Winning the Super Bowl, while regarded as the crowning achievement of the NFL, is just not something that every team has done. Being bent out of shape because you have experienced great success, but not "the greatest success" seems silly to me.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General