Remove Advertisements

[10N] Will of the Emperors

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Will of the Emperors

Postby Hespherus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 am

Failing too much on the dance, thus stacking that 10% less armor debuff?
Hespherus

Postby Winkle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 am

Pinupgirl_Madoran wrote:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wwiy6vk5o0zxb0gg/

I have no clue what we're doing differently or wrong here, but, we can't figure out why our tanks are spiking constantly on damage taken, whereas tons of successful kills we're browsing on WoL kinda just wobble the whole fight without spiking...

After each combo the bosses do some serious damage to the tanks, if it happens at the same time as titan gas the tanks get smashed, but as long as healers and tanks are aware of this its not a big deal to survive.
Winkle

Postby Winkle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 am

Juugimus wrote:There should be a leaderboard for Opportunistic Strikes on these guys. My best so far is 10.

Post those high scores!

12 for me. Out OT got 10.
Winkle

Postby Brokenone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 am

Brokenone

Postby Pinupgirl_Madoran » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am

Winkle wrote:
Pinupgirl_Madoran wrote:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wwiy6vk5o0zxb0gg/

I have no clue what we're doing differently or wrong here, but, we can't figure out why our tanks are spiking constantly on damage taken, whereas tons of successful kills we're browsing on WoL kinda just wobble the whole fight without spiking...

After each combo the bosses do some serious damage to the tanks, if it happens at the same time as titan gas the tanks get smashed, but as long as healers and tanks are aware of this its not a big deal to survive.

Well, we figured out part of it.

Adds not getting picked up/MD'd to tanks, not taking damage from adds during odd-phases, and actually that we're -not- getting hit by slams. At all.

Though we are taking more base damage than other people, and that I can only account for with cooldowns, gear, and active mitigation. Not sure if there's some special trick to using AM on this fight, but, I really don't feel like there's some special "way" I can use my SotR to make it less spikey.
Pinupgirl_Madoran

Postby Darielle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 am

The main difference is that not using ShoR during the actual combo (unless you're at 5 HP) means you're guaranteed to come out of the combo with at least a 50% DR active for at least 6 seconds out of the 12 or so that they melee.
Darielle

Postby Brokenone » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:02 am

Darielle wrote:The main difference is that not using ShoR during the actual combo (unless you're at 5 HP) means you're guaranteed to come out of the combo with at least a 50% DR active for at least 6 seconds out of the 12 or so that they melee.

This has the bonus effect of making sure you have max PoJ all the time. It's definitely easier to dodge combos with an extra 15% run speed.
Brokenone

Postby Calleana » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 am

Our guild is starting raiding next week but my co-tank and I tried this on LFR this week and found the dance really hard work. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips about how the dance should be performed.

It is possible my camera wasn't far out enough to make the moves look different enough and potentially reading DBM rather than looking for visual cues was again a misstep but any help appreciated.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Juugimus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 am

Just practice. No real magic bullet here. When first learning, don't worry about attacking the boss or anything. Just concentrate on dodging.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Brokenone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 am

Don't look at DBM. Don't look at which way he is facing. Just look at the blue lines and the poofs of smoke. Get Pursuit of Justice and keep at least 2 Holy Power (go to 5 before spending). Dodging most of the blue lines should be pretty easy. The only really challenging one, if you aren't ready for it, is if he does a slash towards you directly after a stomp. I suggest running in right away after a stomp to help prevent an error in that situation.
Brokenone

Postby daishan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 am

^^ Good advice.
I find having the camera looking straight down helps a lot, not many things are as annoying as having the camera hit the invisible wall at the bottom of the steps at a bad time.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:58 am

Also consider that the ranged will all be far far away from the bosses, thus there's no harm in turnin them facing the raid. The melee might have to adjust temporarly, but they would anyway be doing the dance as well in that moment so no big difference.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Calleana » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:09 am

Just wanted to report back that LFR went better this week actually "danced" so thanks for the help.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 pm

The first two times I tanked, I looked at the boss. That's the biggest mistake you can make on this fight. Zoom all the way out and look straight down and you'll be golden.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 pm

How would looking down help? seeing the blue lines easier?
I always look at the boss tbh.
The side hits are really really easy to dodge, the only annoying things are the frontal one and the stomp, and those you see the easiest by just looking at how the boss is standing imo.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)