Should I gem for stamina?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Should I gem for stamina?

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 am

I've seen a lot of people asking about gems but not a lot of discussion.

I know the following for certain:
[*]We should probably match socket bonuses.
[*]We should not gem stamina if we are considering anything other than dual stam trinkets, with a possible exception for engineering.
[*]Stam/Hit is green (somehow) and a good choice for yellow sockets.

At the moment I'm leaning toward gemming stamina iff I can reach hit and hard expertise cap by reforging. I haven't done any serious tanking, though. What are other people doing?
Moo.
theothersteve7

Re: Should I gem for stamina?

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

Decent socket bonuses I match. (e.g., stam, str -- static bonuses). Weak bonuses I do not (e.g., dodge).

Dual Stam trinkets are the most efficient place to get stam due to itemization budgeting. I detest dual stam trinkets, but I'm doing it now because there aren't any vastly compelling choices at this point.

My prioritization was 7.5% hit, 7.5% xpt, stam up to 475k hp, *then* 15% xpt. 15% xpt is a hell of a lot of itemization points and I don't know if I'd advise people who are just beginning to raid to choose the last 7.5% over flat health.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

What's your second steam trinket? I heard Shadow Pan and figurines share a cooldown.

I'm pretty sure there's zero reason to stop expertise at 7.5%. Unless you attack things from behind. *edit* Oh, spell hit. Decent reason.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I have the brewfest and MSP. Will buy Ox card when it drops under 15k, probably. Won't be able to afford the SP trinket for three weeks. I'm not that fussed about it.

There's no reason to *stop* at 7.5% -- I was around 12% whilst still trying to get 475k -- but no special reason to go past it either while still trying to build stam.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice