[10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Nova » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 am

It happened to me that Gara'Jala reverted to the other tank almost 10 seconds into the fight, but don't know why.

@daishan:
Yes, I use DP glyphed to 20/20% for this fight. I'm using Expertise and Dodge elixirs, and I didn't know you could use that trinked without being an engineer. Will check it out!
Nova

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Ulrik wrote:Anyone having problems with the boss refocusing the old tank when he pops back out?

Edit: Solved it. The severers were dying so fast that the tank was porting back before the next fixate/voodoo was cast.

However, we're randomly having the first voodoo last 2 minutes instead of 1. Anyone else?

I didn't see anyone else say it, but a note on Severers dying quickly -- I suggest not killing them until you only have about 5 seconds remaining. Instead, start off the spirit phase by getting your add to 10-20% and then start assisting DPS on killing the other adds. Return to the Severer when you have only a few second remaining and finish it off.

The benefits of doing this are pretty obvious: Less damage in both realms and less chance of getting overrun by spirits. If you're doing fine on spirits, then it allows DPS to go back to the normal realm faster, giving them more buffed DPS time on the boss.
Belloc

Postby Raive » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 am

Boss was doing some weird stuff on our kill last night...

Didn't banish our DK tank when he was supposed to and instead fixated me while leaving up all the voodoo dolls and creating more (for a total of 6 voodoo dolls at once, ouch) though that only happened once.
Sometimes when I would bubble after being fixated he would still run off and attack random targets.

Spirit link killed us? Not 100% sure on this one but we died shortly after it was dropped (and noticed ridiculous spikes on voodoo doll targets when dropping it on other pulls) seems like since it copies all damage to all targets if it has to "damage" one of the targets to heal up the other ones it results in a continuous loop of extreme shared damage that lead to us dipping to sub 20% health in a matter of seconds and dieing shortly after as healers couldn't keep up.

We 3 healed it as going with 2 heals we were constantly having the same healer voodoo'd (bad luck? or maybe we just weren't timing things correctly) and he would go oom since he couldn't get into the spirit realm so we'd all die. We killed the boss literally at the berserk timer, he had started to emote when he went down.
Raive

Postby Extermi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 am

Is there any meaningful way we have to counter the shadowy attacks ? I understand ShoR damage reduction is only against physical damage, so no gain in lining this up with his special attack timer. Other than the usual CDs (plus bubbles, as I learnt here), is there anything we can actively do to reduce damage ?
Extermi

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:37 am

As far as I know, only our standard bubbles.
Nova

Postby Extermi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 am

Nova wrote:As far as I know, only our standard bubbles.

Thanks, seems that way. We finally downed him after an annoying 0% wipe at enrage, with two Paladin tanks. We would just run a few cooldowns first (DP, HoP/Bubble, GotaK,..) and then ask for a HoS from the other tank, than got us through smoothly and the 2 healers were happy and had enough mana and CDs left to burn us through the last 20%.

We used Hero on the pull, and I also dreww the trick of taunting after the fixate to boost my vengeance. Thanks for the tips here !

Extermi
Extermi

Postby Darielle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:02 am

In theory, if you time Sacred Shield correctly, you'd be getting the procs pretty much right before Shadowy Attacks and most likely absorbing some of at least 50% of them.

When adds are under control, Shadowy Attacks isn't a major deal.
Darielle

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm getting conflicting information from different sources and I'm hoping someone can clarify. One source has indicated that after the healer in the spirit realm has healed their two targets to 100% that they should gtfo. The other is saying that they should stay in there and heal them up even more in order to stack the buff on the dps for longer. The in game information and most guides I've read or watched are utterly useless at explaining this. Apparently the buff can go to about 24% (this is anecdotal), but the dps are only seeing numbers around 10%. We were trying to figure out how it stacks... if it's a direct result of total number of heals, or the size of the heal.

We're definitely behind on dps, and it's got a lot to do with the clusterfuck of figuring out who is going in the portal next. Someone suggested sending only two dps in the portal and rotating the healers, leaving the other dps to stick on the boss constantly. Thoughts?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm getting conflicting information from different sources and I'm hoping someone can clarify. One source has indicated that after the healer in the spirit realm has healed their two targets to 100% that they should gtfo. The other is saying that they should stay in there and heal them up even more in order to stack the buff on the dps for longer. The in game information and most guides I've read or watched are utterly useless at explaining this. Apparently the buff can go to about 24% (this is anecdotal), but the dps are only seeing numbers around 10%. We were trying to figure out how it stacks... if it's a direct result of total number of heals, or the size of the heal.

We're definitely behind on dps, and it's got a lot to do with the clusterfuck of figuring out who is going in the portal next. Someone suggested sending only two dps in the portal and rotating the healers, leaving the other dps to stick on the boss constantly. Thoughts?

People inside the Spirit Realm should stay in as long as it takes to keep adds under control. While they're there, the healer should be stacking the buff as much as possible.

If adds are under control, people should punch out of the Spirit Realm. You lose more dps by staying in for 10 more seconds twiddling thumbs and stacking the buff than you will from just hitting the boss with lower stacks.
Darielle

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)