Remove Advertisements

[10H] Feng the Accursed

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Feng the Accursed

Postby daishan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Had a few pulls on this one tonight, few things I'm not quite sure on.
On the shield spirits can you use glyphed blinding light to knock them down? I tried glyphed Holy Wrath but I think they count as humanoid so I can't stun them?
The other main thing is what are the best things to use Shroud on, I know on normal Flaming Spare will do a shit tonne of dmg to him, which abilities do you guys think give the most dps are some not even worth the channel time?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 pm

You can still do your rotation while channeling the Shroud on someone else.
Stealing the tank debuffs do the most dps, so you wanna use that in 3 of the 4 phases, with the obvious Lightning fist to stunn him for earthquake.
I think using it on the AoE on arcane phase does shitloads of damage as well, you wanna be max range from the boss when you channel it tho, but its a lot more risk than reward.
Treck

Postby daishan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 am

Thx for the advice.
Has anyone made a @focus macro for the shroud to save having to switch targets all the time?
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ulrik » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 am

Completed in 25H last night. To copy DoTs I've been using: (with co tank as focus)

/tar focus
/click ExtraActionButton1
/targetlasttarget

and the standard /click ExtraActionButton1 to apply what I copy.

Anyone else have some questionable deaths? Like is he dual wielding when in Shadow phase or did they mess up 'no parry haste' coding? Got some 0.0-0.3 sec separation on melees. Also what seems like some double DoT ticks sometimes. I was forging to hit and dodge expert, not full parry.
Ulrik

Postby Juugimus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

One one of our attempts, we had this guy bug out on us.

Transitioning from shield to spear, he didn't cast any of abilities for the entire phase, just meleed the tank, me. The problem was, he couldn't be taunted off of me so he stacked debuffs until I died.

We died soon after wondering wtf was going on.

Sadly, him not doing anything but fixating a tank was actually harder than the real phase lol.

Anyone else have this happen?

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Auracle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Hey maintank community,

Back to regular hours for my raid team now, waded into heroics on friday evening and managed to get stone dogs (no fire chains thank goddd) and Feng down. Figure I'd post findings for Feng here :D

2 tanks
3 heals
5 DPS

Phases - Nullification refered to as barrier henceforth,

In Order:
Staff - Found this to be the most RNG phase, though control improved greatly with practice. Did this first to reduce chances of random deaths to Resonance fails/trolling by boss. Velocities CD'd: Barrier/Devo+Hymn/Barrier/Devo+SL Totem.

Shield - Found this to be the most difficult phase due to the steep DPS requirement to kill adds in time. Discovered that Feng ALWAYS throws the shield out and left, so stacked the raid by the wall, Feng in the middle with his right flank facing raid. Adds will be sucked into the shield if not killed within ~ 30 secs, so DPS window is tight if you dont have a lot of strong AoE DPS. Barrier placed on Shield causes adds to despawn. Shields CD'd: Barrier/Stormlash + half DPS majors/Barrier/Other half DPS majors.

Fist - We struggled to have Lightning Fist stun every second Epicentre, and consequently had a CD order in place for this just in case. Epicentres CD'd: Barrier/Shroudstun OR Devo + Hpally CDs/Barrier/Shroudstun OR Devo + Healing Tide x2 (ele and resto sham)/ Barrier.

Spear - Pop heroism on transition, nuked hard, didnt get more than 3 Draw Flames on any attempt, and only 2 with the 3rd just arriving on our kill attempt. Basically just use anything to survive at that point, we have Divine Hymn back up, lock rocks, etc. Found this to be one of the easiest phases due to heroism, but placed it last because we disliked having the flame stacks up during a transition, which happened frequently when this phase wasnt last.

Overall the biggest issues we faced were:
1) DPS on Adds during shield. Steep requirement that required plenty of tweaking.
2) RNG during staff phases, due to delays on resonance/velocity casts. Solved by having the RL watching and calling like a hawk, and liberal use of strong defensive CDs (start of fight so, no biggie using them).
3) Sloppiness on Fist phases with raid dodging lightning fists, and shroud stuns not being reliable. For our kill we smiply abandoned the Shroud stun strat and used shroud to DPS the boss. Once we nailed downs CDs and healers got used to the damage this wasnt a bad phase.
4) Boss transition placement - had a couple of wipes to the boss not moving to the right phase next. Simple solution, tank dependent.

Great encounter, had tons of fun on it.

Good luck to those still trying and thanks for the advice found earlier in the thread!
-Auracle

Edit: Almost forgot, Hand of Purity is a fantastic cooldown for all phases of the fight, but particularly Shield phase which has the worst tank DoT by a huge margin. Had our Hpally (me) and Prot pally using it on CD pretty much throughout the fight.
Auracle

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 am

While I'm sure everyone is aware that the adds can be snared/stunned, we hit upon a great add control strategy last night working on this that might not be immediately obvious.

Basically DKs are godmode for handling the shield phase adds. If you have one DK, get them to spec into Remorseless Winter, which is a long duration AoE stun (5 or 6s if memory serves). It also has a slowing effect while it's building up so you get double benefit there. If you have 2 DKs (probably more applicable to 25-man) you can Gorefiend's Grip all the adds into a nice tight pile, then get your 2nd DK to Remorseless Winter them all. Obviously your DK(s) will already have Chillbains and the adds will be automatically slowed once the stun breaks, if they're even still alive at that point.

Since you can use the barrier to cancel every other set of adds, the cooldowns for winter and grip should be up for each set that you actually need to kill.
baleogthefierce

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 am

Treck wrote:You can still do your rotation while channeling the Shroud on someone else.
Stealing the tank debuffs do the most dps, so you wanna use that in 3 of the 4 phases, with the obvious Lightning fist to stunn him for earthquake.
I think using it on the AoE on arcane phase does shitloads of damage as well, you wanna be max range from the boss when you channel it tho, but its a lot more risk than reward.

Arcane Resonance seemed to do the most damage for me during Arcane. You have to steal it outside of a Velocity or you get that instead.
Shield phase I stole tank debuffs.
Fist phase I stole Lightning Fist for stuns.
Spear phase I stole tank debuffs again.

Our order was:

Staff
1st Velocity -- Barrier
2nd Velocity -- Stack CDs
3rd Velocity -- Barrier

Shield
1st Shield -- Kill
2nd Shield -- Barrier
3rd Shield -- Kill
4th Shield -- Barrier

Fist
1st Epicenter -- CD through unless a Fist goes off, stack up after
2nd Epicenter -- Barrier
3rd Epicenter -- Fist stunned
4th Epicenter -- Barrier

Spear
1st Draw Flame -- Barrier
2nd Draw Flame -- CD and kill him before too many stacks have gone off
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Brokenone » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:40 am

PsiVen wrote:Spear

We do everything else very similar to you. But on Spear we use CD's for the first, and Barrier the second. The second one pulls in many more stacks than the first one so it's pretty fail safe this way.
Brokenone

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am

We use Barrier for the first draw flames as Feng is normally sub 5% by the time he finishes the cast on the 2nd draw flame, so not more than 6 or so ticks get through before he's dead.

Ps forgot to say thx for the shroud macro makes it easy to cast while everything else is going on.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Brokenone wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Spear

We do everything else very similar to you. But on Spear we use CD's for the first, and Barrier the second. The second one pulls in many more stacks than the first one so it's pretty fail safe this way.

For us, he never actually uses all the stacks on the second one, so number of stacks isn't something we care about. He does the first Draw Flames at ~13%, the second at 3% and he's dead pretty shortly after.

In a couple of weeks, he'll probably stop doing the second Draw altogether.
Darielle

Postby frontallobe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 pm

No clue why we waited so long on this guy. If you've done HM Stone Guard (with chains up) then this boss is a 2 hours tops. I did a quick video with narration on the shit that we did to kill it. I think it took 8 wipes and we're far from good at the game. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myapHNMo-pU - Heroic Feng the Accursed 10 man guide - tips and tricks Tank PoV with Narration
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)