Star Wars; Old Republic

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Postby Gab » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Who knows, maybe it's because 6 of 7 abilities that I currently have are instant cast. Doesn't feel like your typical ranged DPS, I can run and gun instead of standing around spamming 2-3 second casts. Seems much more action oriented... Also just the overall visual effect since many of the attack's animations last half the gcd or longer.

Mechanically speaking I guess it's too early for me to tell, optimum rotations at max level against mobs that live longer than 10 seconds I'm sure are a different beast. But just leveling everything seems much faster, more fluid and more engaging.
Gab

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm

it depends alot on what class/advanced class you are too
as a trooper vanguard/bounty hunter power tech, most of the abilities are instant or nearly so

as a sith inquis (which i havent leveled again yet, played on in teh beta) it was a little slower, but they are more of the typical caster class

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I played a bit a couple weeks ago and noticed that they changed several of the animations for abilities that were not as balanced on both sides, such as mortar volley vs death from above for troopers and bounty hunters. Mortar volley fires WAY faster now. They also changed an ability that consulars had, I forget what it is called but its where they lift a chunk of something out of the ground and smack you with it. It used to slowly rise next to the consular and fly towards its target but now it quickly rises near the target and smacks him, essentially making it equal to the instant hit attack of their sith counterpart, which again I have no idea what its mirror is.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Torquemada » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm

I'd like to see new content, but I'm also set to be heading out on deployment in October, with about a month and a half of training leading up to it so meh. I'd also like them to clean up the Juggernaut tank rotation. You have to stack sunders, keep rage going, use your heavy strike when sunders are up, Force Scream and Retaliation on cooldown for survivability, and that's not including Leap, Saber Throw, Push, and your stuns and such. It makes for very full bars. I haven't noticed anywhere near the clutter on my Powertech or my Assassin.

Gracerath wrote:They also changed an ability that consulars had, I forget what it is called but its where they lift a chunk of something out of the ground and smack you with it. It used to slowly rise next to the consular and fly towards its target but now it quickly rises near the target and smacks him, essentially making it equal to the instant hit attack of their sith counterpart, which again I have no idea what its mirror is.

You're referring to Force Projection, and Shock, IIRC. They sped up the Consular one as it had a rather bad delay compared to the Inquisitor version. Now they're equal, except that animations Empire side are MUCH cooler. Choke is much more awesome than the Knight equivalent. And Scream is better than the slash Jedi do. Lightning trumps rocks 10 times out of 10. And Death from Above is probably the best effect in game. The only exception comesfrom the Smuggler over the Agent. Kicking someone in the nuts is much cooler as a Smuggler than an Agent, and the shotgun to the back of the head is a bit cooler than stabbing someone in the back.
Last edited by Torquemada on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torquemada

Postby Gracerath » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

I think that was one of my biggest problems with TOR. Too many damn hotkeys. Powertech and Guardian were really full for me. Luckily my dps rotation for commando wasn't that hotkey intensive.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm

yay razor naga!

BOO THUMB BLISTERS! :twisted:

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:34 pm

No matter how many times I look at one and think it would be a fantastic idea with how many MMO's and games I play, I can never pull the trigger on an expensive mouse like that. Which is silly considering the amount of money I spend on other computer related bullshit.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 pm

i love mine, once you are used to it it is amazing!

plus i have had this one for almost 2 yrs now and still works great

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

I've got the DeathAdder. 5 buttons is more than enough for my twitchy fingers... who knows what sorts of shenanigans would be happening if I had 15+ buttons to play with...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Gracerath » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I remember when the TOR themed mouse came out with 15 buttons on the side and thinking "Who the crap is going to need that many buttons?" and then after seeing the massive amount of hotkeys "....Oh."
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 pm

So I reactivated my account after a several month hiatus, only to find that all of my characters have had a server transfer, and most of them require re-names. Including my inquisitor named Ximenez.

iMad.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Arnock wrote:So I reactivated my account after a several month hiatus, only to find that all of my characters have had a server transfer, and most of them require re-names. Including my inquisitor named Ximenez.

iMad.

So... was he a Spanish Inquisitor?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Arnock wrote:So I reactivated my account after a several month hiatus, only to find that all of my characters have had a server transfer, and most of them require re-names. Including my inquisitor named Ximenez.

iMad.

So... was he a Spanish Inquisitor?

I guarantee you, noone would have expected me.

On a slightly related note, is anyone around here still playing swtor?
Last edited by Arnock on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

not currently, but i plan to when it goes F2P
i want to finish my BH story

bldavis

Postby Barathorn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 am

Arnock wrote:On a slightly related note, is anyone around here still playing swtor?

I gave up on Star Wars The Same Imperial Base on Everyworld Republic a long long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Great idea. Shit implementation at launch.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games