Remove Advertisements

[10H] Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Postby Forgrim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:56 am

Gab wrote:
Hespherus wrote:Was anyone getting any bugs with Garajal not banishing the tank we has fixated on? Or him switching to the tank that was coming out of the spiritual world and banish him again? Because we had that plenty of time.

We were also getting some strange fixate/banish behavior. Occasionally he would just swap fixates and choose new voodoos or simply banish the wrong tank. Extremely annoying because if the tank who got banished first was fixated again after coming out of the spirit realm then the tank would be out of cds...

Couldn't figure out why, at first we thought it had something to do with BoPs or taunts but it continued even when we weren't BoPing or taunting... Really nothing to go on but can confirm it was happening to us last night, 21-Oct-2012.

Confirmed to be happening on 25 man heroic also. Its not tanks he also fixated on randomly, he'd randomly aggro our DK or warrior and not let loose, not to mention the wonkiness of choosing a tank that comes out of the spirit realm as his number one target.
Forgrim

Postby Hespherus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:05 am

Then Blizz goes and says they arent aware of any non-cosmetic bugs in this encounter...
Hespherus

Postby daishan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 am

Icy Veins have added heroic tactics to there guide http://www.icy-veins.com/gara-jal-the-spiritbinder-detailed-strategy-wow don't think it covers much that hasn't already been said here.
I was wondering just how his shadowy attacks work with un-glyphed DP reduce the dmg of them or best just to glyph it?
Last edited by daishan on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 pm

The only thing special about it is that it will bypass absorbs. Unglyphed DP will reduce it more, but glyphed DP will most likely be much more effective in terms of keeping Voodoo Doll damage under control.

That Icy Veins note on tanks is horrible.

"If at all possible, use Warrior, Paladin, or Monk tanks. These classes take less damage on every hit, thanks to their Block and Stagger mechanics. The result of this is that the damage on the Voodoo Dolls is much more predictable than if you are using Death Knights or Druids, for whom a string of unavoided attacks will lead to deaths."

I wish I had this magic ability to take less damage on every hit by blocking as a Paladin. Also, I wish I could take less damage on every hit as a Druid, this passively high armor and mitigation just aren't quite doing that.
Darielle

Postby daishan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Looking at our dodgy normal mode logs from last week all of the bosses special attacks are tagged as shadow dmg but are blockable.
As you say glyphed DP will most likely net a bigger dmg reduction.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:12 am

Does anyone have any good tips on how to maximize dps on the boss. We recently discover that our dot classes can more or less solo everything in the other realm when severers arent up, so we started sending them by themselves.

Afterwards we though about sending another dps with them in there, get healed fast and get 20 stacks and then get out.

We are 3 healing it, just because we have a DK tank and cant really afford to lose our SP which is insane on dps in both realms.
Hespherus

Postby Brokenone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 am

Hespherus wrote:Does anyone have any good tips on how to maximize dps on the boss. We recently discover that our dot classes can more or less solo everything in the other realm when severers arent up, so we started sending them by themselves.

Afterwards we though about sending another dps with them in there, get healed fast and get 20 stacks and then get out.

We are 3 healing it, just because we have a DK tank and cant really afford to lose our SP which is insane on dps in both realms.

I'm not sure it's possible to make the enrage when 3 healing on 10 man Heroic. Maybe once gear improves a bit, but currently it is very tight even with 2 healers. Maybe it is if have particularly strong DoT classes that can solo the spirit realm. But I suspect you'll fall behind on adds, and the extra healer will feel required. Instead, you can drop the healer and kill more adds.
Brokenone

Postby daishan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 am

We haven't had chance to give this good pulls on hm yet hopefully tonight.
We're thinking of 3 healing with a shammy, priest and pally, hope we can make up for the lack of 1 dps by the priest smiting like mad and our pally going shockadin.
We'll probably end up leaving it until after ToES and HoF next week and with the extra gear 3 heals should be more realistic.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Brokenone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 am

It's not super helpful because logging breaks when people go into the opposite realm of the logger, but here is our log from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tfm0 ... 586&e=8932

Both healers DPS a good bit, we sacrifice the tank at the end (don't send anyone down to help him kill severers). I think we were about 20 seconds ahead of the enrage this time, but previously we had a 0% wipe (400k) as well as several 5-10-15% wipes.
Brokenone

Postby timoseewho » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

A few things to note are that, DoT/AoE classes are super strong here, such as balance, shadow, Warlocks, elemental. If you have 2 or more of those classes mentioned, you're half way there. We do this with 2 healers. What we do is send 1 DPS (DoT/AoE type) with a healer on the odd totems (where there are no banishes) and 2 DPS (another DoT/AoE one if you have them, otherwise it's fine) with a healer on the even totems (where there are banishes to get tanks out). Our last wave going down is the 8th totem to get the tank out and clean up a bit. DO NOT waste your time DPS'ing down there when you have max buff stacks AND there are like 2 adds down there to kill, GET UP AND DPS BOSS. IF you're going down with a DoT/AoE class and you're the other DPS, you can probably afford to come out early and leave the other guy to clean up.

Another VERY important thing to have with the 2h strategy is to have hybrids who are capable of healing themselves and another DPS or even 2 DPS if they get sent down without a healer.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Darielle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm not sure it's possible to make the enrage when 3 healing on 10 man Heroic. Maybe once gear improves a bit, but currently it is very tight even with 2 healers. Maybe it is if have particularly strong DoT classes that can solo the spirit realm. But I suspect you'll fall behind on adds, and the extra healer will feel required. Instead, you can drop the healer and kill more adds.

The important thing to note with "3rd healer" strats is that the 3rd healer shouldn't actually be healing or required to heal for most of the fight. He/she is only there to mitigate the Frail/Voodoo nonsense in the case of not having a hybrid capable of dealing with it - for all intents and purposes the 3rd healer is a damage dealer, who once or twice during the fight will go into the Shadow Realm and heal people when the other healers cannot.

Most who try this go with a 3rd healer and have him do some dps. Rarely do they do what the yshould be doing, which is have him/her optimised for dps - from glyphs and talents to reforging (e.g. Mastery-stacked Disc is not really optimising for damage). In many cases, they might even be better off just straight out taking a dps spec and using hybrid heals to do that one little healing job in the Shadow Realm (slightly less buffs on people that port < more constant dps the entire fight from a person). If you're doing that, it should be more than possible to meet the Berserk on 10-man providing other mechanics are being handled.
Darielle

Postby timoseewho » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Darielle wrote:

The important thing to note with "3rd healer" strats is that the 3rd healer shouldn't actually be healing or required to heal for most of the fight. He/she is only there to mitigate the Frail/Voodoo nonsense in the case of not having a hybrid capable of dealing with it - for all intents and purposes the 3rd healer is a damage dealer, who once or twice during the fight will go into the Shadow Realm and heal people when the other healers cannot.

Most who try this go with a 3rd healer and have him do some dps. Rarely do they do what the yshould be doing, which is have him/her optimised for dps - from glyphs and talents to reforging (e.g. Mastery-stacked Disc is not really optimising for damage). In many cases, they might even be better off just straight out taking a dps spec and using hybrid heals to do that one little healing job in the Shadow Realm (slightly less buffs on people that port < more constant dps the entire fight from a person). If you're doing that, it should be more than possible to meet the Berserk on 10-man providing other mechanics are being handled.

Ya I think the major misconception with the 3-healing strategy is that people think the 3 of them are STRICTLY and ONLY healing and nothing else. I'm not sure if that's how Paragon did it, but that'll make the enrage timer super duper hard.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Kitmajere » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 pm

If you three heal, two of the healers are primarily dpsing (this is how Paragon did it as well, you can see a damage meter in their video). Even the third "main" healer dpses as much as possible - our holy pally had a goal of 3 million damage done. It is very possible to "three" heal and meet enrage - we did this last week with a good 10 seconds on enrage. Do note that everyone was very much optimized for dps (gems/metas/enchants/flasks/food/pots) - spirit/stamina are worthless for healers/tanks. We never sent only 1 dps to the shadow realm alone on purpose (we only have 1 dot class, a lock).
The new weapon enchants and 300 stat food helped a ton too.

Edit: We repeated it this week with only myself (monk tank) reforged/regemmed/reenchanted for dps, but we were only a second from enrage (I'm pretty sure all healers/tanks still used dps consumables though).
Kitmajere

Postby Gab » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Fixate issues still happening to us as of tonight. The cause, or at least one of them, seems to be after non-tank voodoo deaths when Gara'jal sends out the new voodoo(s). Didn't ever see my co-tank ahead of me on threat or vice versa when this happened so I really can't understand how blizz would say:

Hespherus wrote:they arent aware of any non-cosmetic bugs in this encounter...

Pretty lame, although despite that and silly bursts of voodoo damage we're getting close...
Gab

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 am

Has anyone been using Effulgent Primal Diamond instead of Austere Primal Diamond with almost 50% of the dmg been shadow and the 2% extra armor only getting us about 1% physical dmg reduction as opposed to the 2% magic dmg reduction, looks like Effulgent Primal Diamond should be better thoughts?

Edit: anyone know if the voodoo doll dmg counts as magic or physical doesn't seem to be tagged as any school of dmg on logs, I'm guessing it can't be mitigated by cd's like DP?
daishan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)