Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 am

5.1 notes:
Abilities that have been used will now continue to cool down for pets when they are not the active pet in a battle.

Good news, I hate it when I swap a pet back in late in a fight and realise the spell I wanted to use is on cooldown. But it'll probably make a big difference to the way battles play out, too, so I'm curious to see how it affects strategies.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am

Went back to leveling pets again yesterday after taking a break for a few days.

First, I finally got a Shadowmoon Valley where nobody was camping the Fel Flames - got a rare on about the 4th one! :) No such luck anywhere else - I still haven't even ever seen an Onyxian Whelpling or Minfernal. Was lucky to gank a Flayer Youngling - there were 2 other people patrolling the area at the time (just a common, though).

Scorched Earth -> Conflagrate is a ridiculous opener. Wow.

Also leveled the Voodoo Figurine from 11 to 22 (one set of dailies, plus a touch of grinding in a couple spots to keep it XP eligible).

Bad thing: [Wild Magic] doesn't affect [Turret]. :(
Good thing: [Wild Magic] affects pretty much everything else. Scorched Earth DoT, its own DoT, the other DoT from the Fel Flame, and every hit from the Clockwork's [Blitz]. It's pretty amusing to swap the Voodoo in, hit Wild Magic, and watch the other guy take like 300 damage that turn just from existing DoTs.
Needs-more-research thing: [Dark Simulacrum] is slow, plus I can't find any indication on the UI for what ability it actually took! ([Sear Magic] sucks tho, so not much choice using it.)

So for now, the Moth and Whelpling are fired - the group I'm going with is the Fel Flame, Voodoo Figurine, and Clockwork Gnome (in that order). One neat small bonus is that the Fel Flame's [Scorched Earth] is Dragonkin - it's immune itself, plus the Voodoo Figurine takes less from it too.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:35 am

Speaking of DoTs, I'm much happier with the Magical Crawdad since hitting level 15 and getting Shell Shield - most DoTs do no damage at all with it up. ;)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 pm

So I just went up against one of the most annoying things ever. Player with a 3-whelp team, all same level as me. He sent out an Emerald Whelpling, and proceeded to just shield and tranq constantly, and every turn returned to almost full health. I could not do a thing to this dragon. Once he's whittled me down enough this way, he swapped in his oter pets to finish me off.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:20 pm

So now, Blizz is adding a dozen or two more pets in 5.1. Have new fun collecting them all.. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenris » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 am

Uff,managed to unlock EK dailies yesterday

Now,i've to work on...Well,pretty much everything else from zero :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Jabari » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 am

New bug found (though this one is going to be a bear for them to fix, if they've coded it the way it looks like they did):

My Voodoo Figurine and Fel Flame both have an attack called [Dragon Flame] that leave a DoT. The DoT from one overwrites the other pet's DoT, instead of adding a second.
(For example, my Fel Flame uses [Dragon Flame], 4 turn DoT, I swap to the Voodoo (3 turns left), and then use [Dragon Flame] - I should have a DoT with 2 turns and one with 4 turns. I only have a single one with 4 turns left.)

Also, I was going through the Northrend trainers (all have a full group of 25s, with "epic stats" (better than my 25 rares)), and found that my group is ridiculously bad against Undead pets. The one in Dragonblight has 3 undeads and it seems that about half my attacks are Dragonkin (even though I don't currently use a Dragonkin pet!) Took about 4 tries to finish that one (mine were 24/24/25 at the time).

Also, [Dark Simulacrum] is acting really weird. Sometimes is immediately "mirrors" the attack used on the same turn (which would be awesome), and sometimes it just "captures" the move and you have to hit it again next turn. 3 turn cooldown once used either way. Odd.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am

I finally saw a clear-cut case of Death Grip not doing what it says on the tooltip, which I'd suspected already: It is meant to pull the lowest health pet on the enemy's back line out, but this time it pulled out the one with both the highest max and highest current health. Which was irritating, because the other pet would've died from the damage.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Question: If I use a player emote in a random PvP pet battle, like /wave or /laugh, does the other player see it?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:21 pm

No.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Bah. Would like having just some basic form of communication, even though it's anonymous...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Invisusira » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:39 pm

You don't even see what race/class/gender they are, you just see a randomly generated dude. It's pretty lame.
Invisusira

Postby Finkum » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Jabari wrote:New bug found (though this one is going to be a bear for them to fix, if they've coded it the way it looks like they did):

My Voodoo Figurine and Fel Flame both have an attack called [Dragon Flame] that leave a DoT. The DoT from one overwrites the other pet's DoT, instead of adding a second.
(For example, my Fel Flame uses [Dragon Flame], 4 turn DoT, I swap to the Voodoo (3 turns left), and then use [Dragon Flame] - I should have a DoT with 2 turns and one with 4 turns. I only have a single one with 4 turns left.)

Pretty sure this is Working as Intended. Buffs and debuffs with the same name do not stack, they just refresh.
Finkum

Postby Jabari » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 am

Finkum wrote:Pretty sure this is Working as Intended. Buffs and debuffs with the same name do not stack, they just refresh.

So when my Enhancement Shaman casts a Flame Shock on the boss, and my Elemental buddy does as well, it's just refreshed instead of having 2 DoTs with the same name? :P

(It's a bug, whether the devs want to admit it or not *chuckle*)

Something weird for sure with the resurrections - I had my undead's not trigger once yesterday. Annoying, especially as it was against the Northrend Master Trainer (who is ridiculously hard - took me about 6 tries.)

On the bright side, I lucked into a rare Flayer Youngling! Got a rare Water Waveling as well (but a huge pile of those spawn, unlike the flayers). [Reflect] looks amazing. The Waveling's skills are strong, but the cooldowns on them don't line up particularly well. After 5.1 (CDs count down when backlined), it might be good - [Geyser], [Frost Nova], [Ice Lance], [Ice Lance], swap.

Also finally hit 150 for the Celestial Dragon.

Did 3 queued battles yesterday at 25/25/25. Went 2-0-1. Every single person had a Clockwork Gnome (me included) - make sure you have someone on your team that can handle this guy!
(Oh BTW: [Turret] + [Wild Magic] does work after all - I can't do math... *laugh*)
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Ugh. Do not use Death Grip when a flying pet is up in the air, or when you think they might use it and are going first. It switched the active pet out, but the flying type pet stayed stuck flying-status and unhittable until it used the attack again. (A smarter player wouldn't have used it again!)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General