Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Mozen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 pm

WOW-CN has announced on its official blog that in 5.1 it's realms (WOW-CN realms) will again separate 10/25 raid lockouts. Normal and heroic modes still share the same lockout, but you will be able to do the 10-man once and 25-man once in the same week.

Furthermore, 25-man loot will again have a higher item level. As an example, it cites that Endless Spring will drop 496 in 10-man and 504 in 25-man.

The Korean realms also has the same announcement. Don't know whether the US/EU realms will get the same stuff.

source (Simplified Chinese) http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/blog/7217556/
Mozen

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am

Furthermore, 25-man loot will again have a higher item level.

Oh dear...

/grabs popcorn
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 am

I need a big amount of popcorn for the QQ that will ensue when this is publically announced in EU/US.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:08 am

Oooooooh boy, talk about kicking the hornet's nest.
Anyone taking bets on how big a clusterf*ck this is going to get? I'm betting on Sparkle Pony levels, but not RealId levels.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Mozen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 am

The Taiwan realms followed with the same announcement a few hours ago.
http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/blog/1430655/

TRANSLATION (by me):

We have received comments from many players regarding raid instance lockouts, as well as the difference between incentives for participating in the 10-man and 25-man raids. We appreciate the feedback from our players, and we understnad that people from Taiwan, Korea and mainland China wish to have more flexible choices while participating in the more challenging contents in World of Warcraft. After much careful consideration, we have decided to make changes to raid lockout mechanisms on all Taiwan, Korea and mainland China realms in patch 5.1. Raid lockouts will still reset every 7 days during the weekly maintenance. However, 10-man and 25-man raid instances will no longer share the same lockout.

Players will be able to participate in each of 10-man and 25-man sized raid instances each week; for example the Mogu'shan Vaults. Normal and heroic modes still share the same lockout. In addition, 25-man raid instances will become more difficult in future, and of course boss drops will be better than 10-man drops. For example, 25-man Terrace of Endless Spring will drop item level 504 gear, while 10-man normal mode will drop item level 496 gear.

The purpose of this change is to provide the players in Taiwan, Korea and mainland China with a game system that is fun, rewarding and at the same time meeting their needs.

END OF TRANSLATION

Obviously, these announcements are drawn up by Blizzard US, then translated by each local agent for publication. The wording will change slightly. For example, the Taiwan announcement clearly states "Taiwan, Korea and mainland China", while the China announcement only states "China realms". This is because they insist Taiwan belongs to them, it is common practice for them to omit Taiwan in such texts.

From the text it is hard to say whether it will be universally applied to the US and EU realms. Perhaps Blizzard is experimenting with running a different set of rules for the Asian realms. This is not a first, as the billing for WOW in Asia has always been different, it is only natural that they try to provide a more "localized" environment to boost their "subscription" here.
Mozen

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 am

I'd say that the next step if only TW, CN and KR stick with the new loot/lockout rules is to disavow their progress when it comes to world firsts, in which case I am ok with that.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 am

Oh god....

(Thanks for translating btw.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 am

Are world firsts tracked by Blizzard? If not, then wouldn't that be up to wowprogress or whomever keeps that tally?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 am

Mozen wrote:Obviously, these announcements are drawn up by Blizzard US, then translated by each local agent for publication. The wording will change slightly. For example, the Taiwan announcement clearly states "Taiwan, Korea and mainland China", while the China announcement only states "China realms". This is because they insist Taiwan belongs to them, it is common practice for them to omit Taiwan in such texts.

From the text it is hard to say whether it will be universally applied to the US and EU realms. Perhaps Blizzard is experimenting with running a different set of rules for the Asian realms. This is not a first, as the billing for WOW in Asia has always been different, it is only natural that they try to provide a more "localized" environment to boost their "subscription" here.

However, we must consider there have been several posts during the last days of Cata where the developers were clearly unhappy with 10 men having ended easier to handle than 25, and 25 not being rewarding enough to incentivate players to try them..
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 am

World Firsts are not tracked by blizzard, altho they can always check when stuff dies to confirm what actually died first, but they dont consider the world first race to be anything more than their final beta testing.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 am

Well, Maybe they should reduce 25 to 20 mans. And I thought part of the deal with 25 mans was the reputation and getting more loot per boss.

But yeah, I wonder if wowprogress and guildox will decide to not count CN, KR and TW from the world first due to this.
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 am

GC was saying a few weeks back they're not happy with the reward to effort ratio in 25s. Didn't seem like they'd consider higher ilevels, though.

He was also saying if they started over they'd have made all raids 15 man instead.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 am

Maybe they should do just that.

I mean, I never understood why they went with 25 and not 20 right off the bat back in BC
---
Klaudandus

Postby Mozen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

Worldie wrote:However, we must consider there have been several posts during the last days of Cata where the developers were clearly unhappy with 10 men having ended easier to handle than 25, and 25 not being rewarding enough to incentivate players to try them..

Two things the announcement confirmed for us:

1. 25-man version will be more difficult than 10-man content. In other words, 10-man will end up easier.
2. 25-man version drops higher iLv loot. That's making up for the rewarding part.

I suppose they've changed their minds about the difficulty difference.

One thing that should be known while reading this particular announcement, is that the TW agent is only a distributor, they have no rights to touch any part of the game. Unlike China, where the government have a say in any and all publications, Taiwan is a free country not unlike the US or Britain. We don't do stupid things like patching up Patchwork. Anyways, the point is that any and all changes to game mechanisms have to come from Blizzard US. They may accept input from the TW agent, but ultimately they make all the decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few hours later the same announcement goes up on the US and EU sites. Although some people are speculating that Blizzard is using the Asian realms as a test-bed first and they won't touch US/EU realms until this proves effective.
Mozen

PreviousNext

Return to General