Gnome Tanks

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Gnome Tanks

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 am

bldavis wrote:[make a female draenei, hide cloak and equip 2 1hd weapons (sheathed)zoom in slightly and hit auto run
prepare to be hypnotized

That was more true before we had to zoom out to be able to see everything. I play with wide enough camera angle now that female space goats are annoyingly thin. Can't imagine a BE.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby degre » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

Sabindeus wrote:
degre wrote:If I had never seen a real woman, maybe.

Oh come on, things can be fun to look at without being real. :P

And I agree with you, but from 'fun to look' to 'creating a female character and staring at her arse' there's a long way to go :P

I know I am generalising, but that's the general feeling it gives me.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

its less the butt but more just the swaying of the weapons and tail....
(though the waggle is fun to watch at times)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Passionario » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

benebarba wrote:I couldn't even tell you what the combat animations are... but I can tell you what sounds the attacks make :P

That's a good point.

I've noticed that I tend to pick my character's gender based on voice acting rather than looks - not just in WoW, of course, but in games in general (FemShep FTW).
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Mannstein » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 am

degre wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

And I agree with you, but from 'fun to look' to 'creating a female character and staring at her arse' there's a long way to go :P

I know I am generalising, but that's the general feeling it gives me.

/serious
I don't play with enough zoom to be able to see if it's a female or a male. Only when questing and for some quest do i zoom a little bit due to space and vision issues (corners, trees and wtv).
I have 1 non-female belf (main), 4 female belfs and 2 male taurens. I have never created a char to stare at her butt...
What i have noticed is that creating a female char with a common female name get's you some "Do you need help on something?" out of nowhere or lots help along the quests... (not that we need them now with the end of the group quests)
/end of serious

Well i think despite we all agree on the "not a real woman" thing, every time i log in my Glorious transmoged female Belf, i get a Princess Xena nostalgy feeling... and i believe we all agree that was a "real woman"...

P.S. Do old TV show women count as "real woman"??? you know they are on Tv and wtv... not real life.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby benebarba » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am

Passionario wrote:
benebarba wrote:I couldn't even tell you what the combat animations are... but I can tell you what sounds the attacks make :P

That's a good point.

I've noticed that I tend to pick my character's gender based on voice acting rather than looks - not just in WoW, of course, but in games in general (FemShep FTW).

Dances and voice acting are probably the biggest reason I try new races :P
benebarba

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 am

benebarba wrote:
Passionario wrote:

That's a good point.

Dances and voice acting are probably the biggest reason I try new races :P

In BC, I LOVED Blood Elves. They Rocked, I had 4-5 BE's at 70 by the time WOTLK dropped.

As Wotlk wore on, I realized, they didn't rock as much as I thought, and one of my raiding buddies (and RL friend) played a Male Troll. I found that I loved the way things looked on him, except some 2h'ers that sat on his back and looked like they went through his back and out his butt. So when I brought my DK over, I made him a Troll. I was thoroughly pleased with how he looked, and made a troll shaman. When Druids were now troll capable, I made a troll druid.

I'm fairly sure that if I were playing in MoP, I would make a Troll Monk. No other race looks as cool, says the cool things, or dances, quite like a troll.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 am

totally agree, but im not about to restart toons that have 2+ years on them (well...and are only 18 >.>)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Mannstein » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 am

bldavis wrote:totally agree, but im not about to restart toons that have 2+ years on them (well...and are only 18 >.>)

I have a shaman and a druid trool...
But nothing say hunter better that a TAUREN...
I can imagine you guys now:
WHAT? o.O
I agree that a tauren hunter doesn't look exactly like a stealth char that can hide in the forest... but imagine... A tauren hunter disengaging from a hill...
A flying Cow FTW...
In some BG's everytime i Disengage from a hill, at least 2punny allies go DC due to the fear&panic... (or probably the impact that the char does as it hits the ground damages the server's IP connections)
In addition a full plate Tauren is awe... wait for it... some... my Tauren DK with the blue starting gear... look like a ... i don't know... a BULL?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Paxen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Shoju wrote:I'm fairly sure that if I were playing in MoP, I would make a Troll Monk. No other race looks as cool, says the cool things, or dances, quite like a troll.

<- Proud owner of a Troll Brewmaster 90 Monk!

Now, if only they could have listened to me and given me Capoeira moves instead of Kung Fu moves...
Paxen

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Paxen wrote:
Shoju wrote:I'm fairly sure that if I were playing in MoP, I would make a Troll Monk. No other race looks as cool, says the cool things, or dances, quite like a troll.

<- Proud owner of a Troll Brewmaster 90 Monk!

Now, if only they could have listened to me and given me Capoeira moves instead of Kung Fu moves...

You are awesome.

EDIT
Can I have a link so I may stare at your beauty?
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Passionario wrote:I've noticed that I tend to pick my character's gender based on voice acting rather than looks - not just in WoW, of course, but in games in general (FemShep FTW).

Mark Meer ftw <3

/threadderailflamewar
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Passionario wrote:I've noticed that I tend to pick my character's gender based on voice acting rather than looks - not just in WoW, of course, but in games in general (FemShep FTW).

Mark Meer ftw <3

/threadderailflamewar

silly sabin, dont you know it takes either strong personal beliefs, a religious post, or just outright trolling to obtain this?

leave it to the professionals :twisted:

bldavis

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

Mark Meer ftw <3

/threadderailflamewar

silly sabin, dont you know it takes either strong personal beliefs, a religious post, or just outright trolling to obtain this?

leave it to the professionals :twisted:

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm

I could give it "The ol' college try" at a thread derail using all three of those criteria AND staying on topic if we really want...
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General