Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Nooska » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

I usually sell them for 2.5k, but apart from that, being bottlenecked by SoH isn't doing me any good in earning gold :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Tailoring leg enchants require 1 Imperial Silk, which is 8 bolts (once per day) or 3 SoH + 5 bolts (as often as you like.) Last I looked they were ~1k on my server (was over a week ago, so I imagine it hasn't held at that price.)

I'm wondering if I should be more devout about making my daily Sha Crystals or just wait until we start raiding normals and DE the inevitable unusable items.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Saw some people hawking the new weapon enchants. Out of curiousity I checked auctioneer for their list prices... Dancing Steel (the dodge one) is apparently priced at 20k per enchant... the other two were listed at ~10k each. Looks like I won't be changing from Windsong any time soon.

Edit: Also had a leftover +50 int to bracers scroll on my mage... on a whim I posted it for 1k and it sold. Might be a lucrative market until the new ones become more widely available?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 am

So...the SoH has been more than a cock block to me. If I had known how bad the issue was going to be I would have lvled my Paladin first as hes my BS/Engie. I made PHAT Goblin bank the first night/day of MoP selling my ores for a ton each, but by the 2nd day they were at the lvl of Obsidian at the end of Cata. I have all my skills at lvl 600 now, but tat means dick without any SoH.

haha bah! I have been selling all my old Cata stocks like I used to...so damn ODD this dynamic.

I sure dont know JC shit I have to say. That looks like a HUGE market like it ever is. I just not made some diamonds and will sell them raw and see how that goes (400% margins this first go). haha WAY behind the damn curve this time on JC. Anyone doing the JC shuffle anymore with this new shiat?
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby jere » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

What methods/logic are yall using to price your Spirits of Harmony for crafting? I've been using Golden Lotus prices as a guide since you can buy those with SoH. I've had moderate success with 750 per SoH. I could go lower, but at that point would be better off selling the Golden Lotus's instead.
jere

Postby Volitaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 am

It is pretty server dependent from what I have seen. We are still floating around 1k per on my server.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

jere wrote:What methods/logic are yall using to price your Spirits of Harmony for crafting? I've been using Golden Lotus prices as a guide since you can buy those with SoH. I've had moderate success with 750 per SoH. I could go lower, but at that point would be better off selling the Golden Lotus's instead.

You seem to be on the right track there, however... I've seen people either without the tradeskills or the inclination to use them buying the GL and dumping them on the AH a bit. Enough that it might be worth sucking those up to resell as flasks.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

GL is down to 176g on my server this morning. Id be down on getting the know how on where I could swap out a GL for a SoH. WOULD love to know.
Holyblaze

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Holyblaze, it's SoH for GL (Alliance vendor is at Shrine of the Seven Stars on the platform near the flight master.) AFAIK there isn't any place to swap the other direction.

I believe you get 3 GL for 1 SoH, so at your server's price, you'd be looking to price your SoH at around 525g.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Looks like there is steady income to be had in the Cata level 79/80 JC crafted rings/necklaces.

1g5s for a setting from the JC vendor.
75silver up to 8g per Alicite or Jasper.

Blue quality rings sell for 250-300g still, greens are still selling in steady amounts for 20-50g.
All those toons leveling up need gear!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Holyblaze, it's SoH for GL (Alliance vendor is at Shrine of the Seven Stars on the platform near the flight master.) AFAIK there isn't any place to swap the other direction.

I believe you get 3 GL for 1 SoH, so at your server's price, you'd be looking to price your SoH at around 525g.

ACK! I could never do that me think. I dont want to do Farmville in WOW, so doing the Tillers for my SoH also makes me cry!
Holyblaze

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 pm

You can get SoH from the Golden Lotus treasure boxes, fishing, archaeology (I think?), mining*, herbing**, killing mobs, and farming. If none of those interest you, then I'm sorry to say that you'll have to wait to see if SoH ever become non-BoP, and by that time, I'd imagine a lot of the "big money" will have died down.

*Pretty sure I've gotten motes from mining nodes.
**I'm assuming based on mining.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 am

Skye1013 wrote:You can get SoH from the Golden Lotus treasure boxes, fishing, archaeology (I think?), mining*, herbing**, killing mobs, and farming. If none of those interest you, then I'm sorry to say that you'll have to wait to see if SoH ever become non-BoP, and by that time, I'd imagine a lot of the "big money" will have died down.

No on mining, arch, fishing, herbing.

You need to kill stuff or play Farmville.

halabar

Postby degre » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am

Skye1013 wrote:You can get SoH from the Golden Lotus treasure boxes, fishing, archaeology (I think?), mining*, herbing**, killing mobs, and farming. If none of those interest you, then I'm sorry to say that you'll have to wait to see if SoH ever become non-BoP, and by that time, I'd imagine a lot of the "big money" will have died down.

I think this might have been true at a certain point on Beta, because I am sure I have seen a mote coming out of a node, but never after that.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:35 am

degre wrote:

I think this might have been true at a certain point on Beta, because I am sure I have seen a mote coming out of a node, but never after that.

Yep, early in beta, not after that.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General