Remove Advertisements

Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm

bldavis wrote:not to change the subject, but...

how do i tell my becoming devout again mormon parents that i am atheist and no longer want to go to church due to my beliefs, and no amount of hounding will help, but regardless of my own beliefs and feelings i am still very proud of my 2 sisters wanting to serve missions for their church?

Do you live with your parents?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm

yes due to trouble finding work in this economy

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Are they relying on whatever income you have as much as you're relying on them? I ask, because that would determine the likelihood of them trying to kick you out. Be sure to have a back up plan, just in case (assuming you haven't already talked to them.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 pm

i am fairly certain i am not in danger of getting kicked out due to religion
its just i want to not be pressured to go back to a church i dont believe in

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Totally understandable, and I have a feeling I might need to have that discussion with my mom the next time I come home on leave. I usually just do the passive aggressive thing (refusing to get out of bed or staying at a friend's house Saturday night) to avoid it... but I'd imagine it might be easier if I just talked to her about it.

Of course... the last time (according to her) she was more upset that I didn't visit with the people at church than my lack of interest in the service. So maybe that discussion would be moot.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Totally understandable, and I have a feeling I might need to have that discussion with my mom the next time I come home on leave. I usually just do the passive aggressive thing (refusing to get out of bed or staying at a friend's house Saturday night) to avoid it... but I'd imagine it might be easier if I just talked to her about it.

Of course... the last time (according to her) she was more upset that I didn't visit with the people at church than my lack of interest in the service. So maybe that discussion would be moot.

Yeah my mother does the same thing =[
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Wow, that sounds like it sucks for all of you guys. I was raised atheist so I have no idea what that's like.

@bldavis: If you don't think they're going to kick you out then just tell them the truth and don't go to any more churchthingies. If your parents continue to harass you, you could always prep yourself for an actual philosophical argument, but it's probably best to just let them get it out of their system without arguing. The sooner you can no longer be dependent on them, the better. Good luck in the job hunt.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 pm

thanx, the joys of living in a small town
(if 17k ppl is small to you, it is to me after living in portland for 9 years)

bldavis

Postby Aubade » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 am

Yeah, religious people tend to get absorbed in the culture, and when you decide not to be involved with that culture any longer it's like saying "I know how much you love the place where you get your personal affirmation, where your friends are, where you think my friends are, where my entire life is being confirmed to you as good, but I don't want to be any part of that any longer" So I can understand why it's rough for my mother, possibly BLDavis' mother, to be apprehensive about just letting that slide. Luckily for me, after about 2 years of my mother not speaking to me because of my "Evil" lifestyle (WoW, Dating women that weren't christian, smoking, drinking) we re-connected and she realized that just because I left the church doesn't mean I turned into this evil person, I'm still the same person she raised.
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:55 am

Haha, Aubade's basically the devil.

On a related note, so am I. Yeesh, that was a nasty break up. By nasty I mean I came off as a total douche and broke his heart and I'm all like, you're a big boy, you'll get over it.
Levantine

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:03 am

LEV! Why'd you do that?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:05 am

Had the same thought. Last time, things sounded as good as you had could have them.
Simply couldn't handle the stress?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Levantine » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 am

I just wasn't feeling it. He got reaaaaaal clingy despite knowing that I can't do clingy. The more someone tries to get clingy with me the more I push them away. Also the sex was horrible.

I don't know exactly when/how it happened, but somewhere in the last two weeks he completely soured the idea of being in a relationship with him and I was all like, not going to waste either of our time. I think he did understand that I wasn't what he was looking for and he wasn't what I was looking for.

I'm starting to realise that what I want out of a relationship is a mate (who I sleep with). I fucking hate lovey dovey romanticism. I just can't do it and it's not what I'm looking for. Like, if my best friend was a dude or I was into girls, I would have wifed that shit already.

TLDR dun like clingy
Levantine

Postby Barathorn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:37 am

/highfives Levantine.

Your honesty is very refreshing and will be rewarded I am sure.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Aubade » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Levantine wrote:Haha, Aubade's basically the devil.

On a related note, so am I. Yeesh, that was a nasty break up. By nasty I mean I came off as a total douche and broke his heart and I'm all like, you're a big boy, you'll get over it.

Basically? haha
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum